Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake

Wednesday Night War | Official Chat Thread

1,337 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

Groundbreakers, game changers. Friends AND enemies. Trish and Lita.

hOVDCIO.gif

I guess I’m Trish since she’s more Barbie-like. 

source.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

So ladies... who won night one? I was gonna add a poll but it won't let me I guess, unless I can't see it. I feel like Dadam 1 vs. Matt Riddle into Finn returning to NXT alone gave it to NXT. AEW didn't really have my neck for anything like that, though PAC vs. Dadam 2 was noteworthy.

hOVDCIO.gif

I only saw AEW and I recorded NXT, which I'll see in a bit since I need a mini break. AEW was definitely super weak. I hate to keep plugging Lucha Underground, but they should have watched that shows first episode and took notes. In their premiere they really introduced all their wrestlers (fighters) and progressively did that each passing episode, while the whole time I watched AEW I had NO idea who most of them were and they didn't give the audience any introduction as if we're supposed to know who all these indy wrestlers are. Not only that, but the wrestling was weak, besides Pac vs Adam Page. I really am not going to watch live again. I only peeped to see what the AEW fuss would be all about

a3RziOF.gif 

1 person likes this

Just now, Twisted Bliss said:

Neck returned to close out the show. 

Baby fuck you, I'll choke you with your jockstrap. Tell the TROOF

hOVDCIO.gif

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Baby fuck you, I'll choke you with your jockstrap. Tell the TROOF

hOVDCIO.gif

Ciampa and his broken neck, secondly only @Brandon is allowed to perform such a trick.

hOVDCIO.gif

3 people like this

Just now, Twisted Bliss said:

Ciampa and his broken neck, secondly only @Brandon is allowed to perform such a trick.

hOVDCIO.gif

:shook: 

2 people like this

BUT I'M SAYING

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

They really are coming to snap. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Layout said:

I only saw AEW and I recorded NXT, which I'll see in a bit since I need a mini break. AEW was definitely super weak. I hate to keep plugging Lucha Underground, but they should have watched that shows first episode and took notes. In their premiere they really introduced all their wrestlers (fighters) and progressively did that each passing episode, while the whole time I watched AEW I had NO idea who most of them were and they didn't give the audience any introduction as if we're supposed to know who all these indy wrestlers are. Not only that, but the wrestling was weak, besides Pac vs Adam Page. I really am not going to watch live again. I only peeped to see what the AEW fuss would be all about

a3RziOF.gif 

My own post got me crying :cry: Lucha Underground really was WWE's only real competition. IMPACT fumbled their bag once they brought in Hogan and his crew and AEW just doesn't have the range, I'm sorry! It's such a shame the show did so poorly when it came to promoting and was stuck on a network nobody knew about (the El Rey Network). The Netflix deal was a good move, but the deal wasn't even worldwide. A true tragedy 

2 people like this

Adam really looks soooo good all the time now. I think he gets the first rose, then Elias, then Baron, then Chad. Seth fumbled.

Image result for the bachelorette

1 person likes this

Just now, Mariah. said:

Adam really looks soooo good all the time now. I think he gets the first rose, then Elias, then Baron, then Chad. Seth fumbled.

Image result for the bachelorette

Baron being 3rd the way you finally saw the lightS

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

BUT I'M SAYING

That or she should get more opinions like Bryan did, that man was having SEIZURES during matches and still came back :uhh:

1 person likes this

I lowkey can't wait to see what's gonna happen if NXT or AEW gets higher ratings than Raw or SD in the future.

hOVDCIO.gif

Just now, Shoaib. said:

That or she should get more opinions like Bryan did, that man was having SEIZURES during matches and still came back :uhh:

I was literally going to quote you saying this but I didn’t know how it would sound! Can this bitch use her money for GOOD 

4 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

CIAMPA IS BACK?! Aw, I'm so happy for him :cry: His story is really inspiring and he's a really nice guy. I'm DEFINITELY team NXT

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, prince. said:

I was literally going to quote you saying this but I didn’t know how it would sound! Can this bitch use her money for GOOD 

Fuck her for being successful outside of wrestling and having plenty of other options to fill the void.

hOVDCIO.gif

2 people like this

I was so caught up in this wrasslin shit I forgot all about AHS. I'm upset 

hOVDCIO.gif 

NXT :

not feeling Finns hairline lol

Adam looked so BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS all show tonight . Like Jesus Christ he looked amazing . anyways the women of NXT killed it. 

AEW

I liked how samy was built up in his match against Cody. Props to Brandi taking that bump . 
my main problem was their camera cuts . They kept going to the audience and 0.5 seconds later back to the ring and back to a audience member and it got annoying g . Their camera work needs major help . MJFs match was wack . Good opening match . Women’s match was botchy. I still don’t get why the title and the women’s division isn’t being built around Britt . That’s it . Moxley and Kenny was cute.

nXT is the best show on tv right now  and Smackdown better slay 

Posted (edited)

The main problem I had with the shows tonight.... is that they made me pick between watching 😩😩 Cody vs Sammy was a pretty solid match; Riddle vs Cole was 🔥🔥🔥 And then Finn came back and blew the fucking roof off the joint? Yeah ok. NXT wins. Checkmate in the first 30minutes. Lol

the Women’s title matches for both brands: I was mad as hell that they had these slotted at the same time! These women deserve to be watched live!

Anyway, I think the Asuka callback might be a good conclusion, to defend her undefeated streak, as well as cement her place in NXT history. As for Riho/Nyla - while I want to think it was an accidental victory and Nyla was supposed to get the win (then Nyla was going for some cheap heat after the match and attacking Riho; Kenny saves Riho) you can see Kenny shouting at Nyla “what the fuck are you doing?” So that’s what makes me question that bit of the action; however at the same time, there’s not a doubt in my mind that Riho should have won because the fans absolutely love her, and Nyla is too green to have a reign this early.

As for the MJF match: it looked like Brandon Cutler actually slipped on the rope and twisted his ankle trying to balance, so he had to hop off, and they improvised the finish. (Cutler has made a few mistakes that match to be fair) but I don’t think it was supposed to end like that, I think MJF was supposed to lose tonight. 

Mad for AEW’s maiden broadcast: it was lackluster, and camera cuts were a little sloppy, but they’ve only had about 6 I think Live broadcasts total; so they just need a little time to work out the bugs 👍

All in all I think it was a great night. NXT was absolutely DOMINATE all night, because they took the time to tell a story and show us who their people are; not “hey here’s a match, here’s a match, here’s a match... oh and another match” lol. It had dynamics. But a great first night for both brands 💚 10/10 will watch again.

Edited by Glowstix
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Glowstix said:

Anyway, I think the Asuka callback might be a good conclusion, to defend her undefeated streak, as well as cement her place in NXT history. As for Riho/Nyla - while I want to think it was an accidental victory and Nyla was supposed to get the win (then Nyla was going for some cheap heat after the match and attacking Riho; Kenny saves Riho) you can see Kenny shouting at Nyla “what the fuck are you doing?” So that’s what makes me question that bit of the action; however at the same time, there’s not a doubt in my mind that Riho should have won because the fans absolutely love her, and Nyla is too green to have a reign this early.

Nyla, god bless her, Was not winning this match under any circumstance. They literally put her in this match because she has worked with Riho before and it made for a good story by having one of the smallest wrestlers take on one of their more powerhouse level women. It was constructed specifically to get the crowd rallied behind Riho. And the ending was built to really well in my mind. Riho kept just building offence and going for pins and each time got closer and closer (that spot right before the end where she got the pin and Nyla kicked out at 2.99 and the audience lost their minds was so good). She didn't knock Nyla out completely, she did just enough to get the pin, hence the kickout just after. Which is why Nyla then had the fight left in her to come back in after the match and start shit. Plus Kenny trained Riho so that's why he was out there nnn

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Nyla, god bless her, Was not winning this match under any circumstance. They literally put her in this match because she has worked with Riho before and it made for a good story by having one of the smallest wrestlers take on one of their more powerhouse level women. It was constructed specifically to get the crowd rallied behind Riho. And the ending was built to really well in my mind. Riho kept just building offence and going for pins and each time got closer and closer (that spot right before the end where she got the pin and Nyla kicked out at 2.99 and the audience lost their minds was so good). She didn't knock Nyla out completely, she did just enough to get the pin, hence the kickout just after. Which is why Nyla then had the fight left in her to come back in after the match and start shit. Plus Kenny trained Riho so that's why he was out there nnn

Perfectly fair, and every chance the commentators get, they say how Riho is Kenny’s chosen partner. (Which I understand why he’s out there obviously)

I think the diving catch spot to the outside was probably the main reason Nyla was put in this match, she’s got great athleticism and strength. 

Also, Their match told a more intellectual story, running it back. Riho has 13 years of experience, but weighs 97 pounds; Nyla has 7 years experience, and is just under 200 pounds (or was? ) either way, Nyla’s pin attempts showed fundamental flaws, and she made rookie mistakes with her frustrations. 

But the ending sequence still didn’t add up, why Kenny was shouting that at her and why he came out at all, instead of letting the big ass security from earlier in the night handle it? Just confused is all :) though it will probably be a set up for an intergender tag match down the road 👍

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

BUT I'M SAYING

^^^^^ THIS. I'm so confused, I thought it was predicted that Ciampa wouldn't be able to wrestle again or at the least have to transfer to a more part time schedule. Meanwhile, Nikki is really out here begging to come back, breaking her heart all over again trying on her gear and stuff because she can't wrestle anymore. Same with Paige. I'm - 

Related image

Right before she left she was having some of the best matches of her career, helping to put new girls over. I miss her dammit! 

Anyway, I had so much fun watching AEW. I think their women's division definitely needs a boost and I hope that Tessa, Tenille, even Danielle Moinet, comes over to give some more star power and competition. Tess is probably perfect for this role. 

The wrestling matches were great last night and while I wanted to see Nyla win, it's a good choice to have Riho overcome the odds. It definitely made for a good story and the crowd was poppin off. I kinda wanna see Nyla just show up and attack Riho at every chance, LOL. Curious who Riho's first challenger will be and I high key wanna see an intergender match between Nyla and Kenny, that'd be fun as hell.

It felt good to hear Tony Schiavone again and was surreal seeing Jericho back on TNT. 

Related image

I didn't watch NXT at all and haven't in a long time. Is Finn permanently back there? Will Asuka come back to beat the shit out of Shayna? I'm so tired of Shayna, her clogging up the women's division with her cronies turned me completely off on the product.

I will say this tho, watching AEW it was nice to see different men competing and be excited about it, I'm kinda meh on most of the men's roster on NXT and WWE, probably b/c they have almost all the same gimmicks. Wake me up when anyone other than Shayna is the NXT Women's Champ.

Image result for kairi sane door gif

2 people like this

Wednesday is my go to day!!!! Wrestling and AhS!??? 

AEW DARK

BEA PRIESTLEY & PENELOPE FORD VS. BRITT BAKER & ALLIE

26:32

Darby Allen, Jon and Britt Baker will be on tonight I'm here for AEW. However I hear Bianca might me on NXT tonight as well.