Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake

Wednesday Night War | Official Chat Thread

1,744 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, darling said:

It's some bullshit Scarlett is off TV again just cuz Kross is injured :noparty: the misogyny

 

I mean... It's not like she has solo wrestling plans.

Their acts depend on each other baby.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Christon said:

I mean... It's not like she has solo wrestling plans.

Their acts depend on each other baby.

And whose fault is that? Certainly not hers that they didn't even somewhat bother to present her as a wrestler as well yet :smh3:

She depends on him and not the opposite sadly. She had to wait around backstage for months to see if their previous company would release him so he'd get signed too and now has to wait at home til he heals. It's disrespectful when she was probably just as hot in the indies (as a wrestler) as he was prior to their WWE signings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darling said:

And whose fault is that? Certainly not hers that they didn't even somewhat bother to present her as a wrestler as well yet :smh3:

She depends on him and not the opposite sadly. She had to wait around backstage for months to see if their previous company would release him so he'd get signed too and now has to wait at home til he heals. It's disrespectful when she was probably just as hot in the indies (as a wrestler) as he was prior to their WWE signings

Could be hers and creatives, I'm not really blaming anyone it's just what I see with my eyes. They are a package deal and she has no solid evidence before this gimmick of hanging solo as more than "the hot chick". I welcome receipts.

And her as a wrestler... uhh. I'd better categorize her as a personality. A Maria tea. This is from someone who's been watching since OVW. It will take girls really carrying her and I don't need her taking a solo run just to get dragged the whole while then go back to managing. She's a solid addition as a manager/valet and sometimes they have to sit out with the act. Male or female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christon said:

Could be hers and creatives, I'm not really blaming anyone it's just what I see with my eyes. They are a package deal and she has no solid evidence before this gimmick of hanging solo as more than "the hot chick". I welcome receipts.

And her as a wrestler... uhh. I'd better categorize her as a personality. A Maria tea. This is from someone who's been watching since OVW. It will take girls really carrying her and I don't need her taking a solo run just to get dragged the whole while then go back to managing. She's a solid addition as a manager/valet and sometimes they have to sit out with the act. Male or female.

Yes, she was a hot free agent wrestler, not just manager/personality (although yea she's pretty versatile, she can even be a legit singer if they want her to lol). Whether her looks played a bigger part in her appeal rather than her technical abilities doesn't change the fact she was getting booked on her own as a wrestler, multiple promotions deemed her worthy enough of becoming champion and receiving legit title matches (she was selling tickets, her debut match quickly became AAA's most streamed video, she was definitely becoming a star competitor in her own right). She seemed truly passionate about it so after all that she was doing independently it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for her to be satisfied with just being his manager now but it's not impossible either I guess (also see tweet below, I think it's definitely a creative choice - a shitty sexist one that's not her own necessarily).

Just Youtube her most recent matches if you haven't seen anything from that period, she was improving steadily especially in the last few years when she decided to focus more on being booked as a wrestler and while she might still not be anywhere near the best she's way ahead the likes of Maria by far imo. She can most certainly hang in the ring and knows how to tell a story plus isn't afraid to take big credible bumps. There's absolutely zero reason for her to "stick to managing" when she's already more than decent and has tons of potential all around.

Having said that, I'm not saying she should be hot shotted for a title like Kross (who is far from being a great technical wrestler himself if I may add and people love to blab about his "promo skills" and looks to justify his push when his in-ring limitations are pointed out - meanwhile Scarlett should stick as a manager when she's pretty natural at those things too...?) or anything like that but why shouldn't she be able to keep training and have matches, isn't that how you literally become better? In fact I thought that was what NXT was also intended to be used for originally (she could be jobbing to people, y'all act like every girl who wrestles on NXT or main roster has amazing skills). Isn't it better for her to start doing that now rather than when she pops in the main roster and Vince sees her, pushes her (cuz I believe that will indeed happen if nothing messy goes down before they get there) and y'all give her way more shit then when she hasn't even been given a chance to present herself like that yet (and it's about to be a year since her tryout and subsequent signing to the PC... as a wrestler)?

 

Edited by darling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, darling said:

Yes, she was a hot free agent wrestler, not just manager/personality (although yea she's pretty versatile, she can even be a legit singer if they want her to lol). Whether her looks played a bigger part in her appeal rather than her technical abilities doesn't change the fact she was getting booked on her own as a wrestler, multiple promotions deemed her worthy enough of becoming champion and receiving legit title matches (she was selling tickets, her debut match quickly became AAA's most streamed video, she was definitely becoming a star competitor in her own right). She seemed truly passionate about it so after all that she was doing independently it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for her to be satisfied with just being his manager now but it's not impossible either I guess.

Just Youtube her most recent matches if you haven't seen anything from that period, she was improving steadily especially in the last few years when she decided to focus more on being booked as a wrestler and while she might still not be anywhere near the best she's way ahead the likes of Maria by far imo. She can most certainly hang in the ring and knows how to tell a story plus isn't afraid to take big bumps. There's absolutely zero reason for her to "stick to managing" when she's already more than decent and has tons of potential all around.

Having said that, I'm not saying she should be hot shotted for a title like Kross (who is far from being a great technical wrestler himself if I may add and people love to blab about his "promo skills" and looks to justify his push when his in-ring limitations are pointed out - meanwhile Scarlett should stick as a manager when she's pretty natural at those things too...?) why shouldn't she be able to keep training and have matches, isn't that how you literally become better? In fact I thought that was what NXT was also intended to be used for originally (she could be jobbing to people, y'all act like every girl who wrestles on NXT or main roster has amazing skills). Isn't it better for her to start doing that now rather than when she pops in the main roster and Vince sees her, pushes her (cuz I believe that will indeed happen if nothing messy goes down before they get there) and y'all give her way more shit then when she hasn't even been given a chance to present herself like that yet (and it's about to be a year since her tryout and subsequent signing to the PC... as a wrestler)?

Breathe. This was a lot about very little.

I watched this AAA match, it was a 6-woman tag match where she really just got beat up and taunted. None of that is serving me PWI Hot Ticket Free Agent. But that's just me. I'm still a fan of her work I'm just not overselling her only for her to underperform. You can take a beating and serve personality.. but not carry a match. Some girls can carry a match but are as dull as floor tile.

She can sit out on television and still train her ass off at the PC. That doesn't stop any of the men and women with half or double her passion and skill set who were banging on hockey glass while she shined.

I'm really not understanding how you don't get her character is a strong non-wrestler gimmick and will be tarnished by her trying to step out and have a few matches as a wrestler when the act have solely been focused on angles with men? And then to job out when they have enough girls for that role without established personalities. If she starts wrestling and is good, she won't fall back into the Karrion Kross angle of enhancing HIM and looking good through HIM. The whole character would be ruined and some people can barely get a good second wind with a sellable character story.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Christon said:

Breathe. This was a lot about very little.

I watched this AAA match, it was a 6-woman tag match where she really just got beat up and taunted. None of that is serving me PWI Hot Ticket Free Agent. But that's just me. I'm still a fan of her work I'm just not overselling her only for her to underperform. You can take a beating and serve personality.. but not carry a match. Some girls can carry a match but are as dull as floor tile.

She can sit out on television and still train her ass off at the PC. That doesn't stop any of the men and women with half or double her passion and skill set who were banging on hockey glass while she shined.

I'm really not understanding how you don't get her character is a strong non-wrestler gimmick and will be tarnished by her trying to step out and have a few matches as a wrestler when the act have solely been focused on angles with men? And then to job out when they have enough girls for that role without established personalities. If she starts wrestling and is good, she won't fall back into the Karrion Kross angle of enhancing HIM and looking good through HIM. The whole character would be ruined and some people can barely get a good second wind with a sellable character story.

I definitely get carried away and always end up writing paragraphs about nothing :skull: watch some of her singles matches instead though. She wasn't one of the best wrestlers out there as I've clarified in my previous essay but that doesn't mean she can't be seen as a competitor from the jump because she's very good in other departments and not that hopeless at all in ring either.

The point is that most of those men and women didn't have half the buzz she had going into WWE. She probably already has a bigger following than a lot of people that have been pushed for months on NXT now. Some people are great wrestlers and they just don't have *it*, it might sound like bullshit but there's definitely a reason why people have been drawn to her (and I believe it's not just due to her looks but her overall presence and eagerness).

And that's life, it's not anyone's fault Kross got injured. We don't even know if when he's healthy he'll be presented the same way he was before seeing as things will surely have changed. It's bs to me that she had to wait for months til he debuted and now, because she could hurt their stable credibility (?), she can't do shit again.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thunda Rosa Vs Serena shocked me tbh. Serena looked so good idky she was just signed as a trainer In NXT when she can still wrestle at that level. Hopefully she gets her flowers soon

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not Wednesday but here if you really just want some wrestling before Smackdown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these jobbers are awesome (Red Velvet, Kylin, Heather Monroe) but I REALLY like the one with the mean girl gimmick!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blooberry said:

Some of these jobbers are awesome (Red Velvet, Kylin, Heather Monroe) but I REALLY like the one with the mean girl gimmick!

Dani Jordyn.

Love all of those options for them. Let's skip the Brock talk and take his contract money and divide it amongst them and some of these black kings jobbing out and putting on a respectable match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been catching up with DARK and  red velvet Is a star!!! I adore her character!❤️❤️
 

Finally watched the tooth and nail match and I gotta say that was all kinds of entertaining Lolol. They told a story with incorporating props such as the garbage disposal and the car that Swole used to kidnap Britt with. The match was cute and innovative and I love this rivalry a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose folks are bashing the match... and I don’t get it!! 
 

also Rebel has such an annoying ass voice holy shit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Blooberry said:

I suppose folks are bashing the match... and I don’t get it!! 
 

also Rebel has such an annoying ass voice holy shit!

It was just aggy on all levels. Especially the Swole punching a diploma part; like that did more damage to you sweetie. :travis:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Twisted Bliss said:

It was just aggy on all levels. Especially the Swole punching a diploma part; like that did more damage to you sweetie. :travis:

 

Is it any different than the "diving splash onto a person with a ladder on top of them" trope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gl83 said:

 

Is it any different than the "diving splash onto a person with a ladder on top of them" trope?

That's dumb as well. :travis:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the general opinion of Shotzi Blackheart around here? I like her heaps and think she could be a huge babyface if WWE does right by her. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kat said:

What is the general opinion of Shotzi Blackheart around here? I like her heaps and think she could be a huge babyface if WWE does right by her. 

She’s a star, but just needs to fine tune her look a little more. :terri:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Does anyone know what has happened to Karen Q? I remember that she broke her foot at a NXT House show roughly a few hours from when Rachel Ellering tore her ACL and Rachel has been back in action before her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gl83 said:

Question: Does anyone know what has happened to Karen Q? I remember that she broke her foot at a NXT House show roughly a few hours from when Rachel Ellering tore her ACL and Rachel has been back in action before her.

It seems she had surgery had surgery again earlier this year.

And hasn’t touched a practice ring until today. Maybe expect her next year??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Shotzi!!! She’s different and unique! ❤️

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miro serving the same entrance, and the same moveset in another company with this tragic hair.

6Nt5sLX.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thee AEW division still has no direction, it’s INFURIATING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

I see the good sis Ember still can't talk.

I'm going to say the same thing now that I did when she feuded with Asuka. When someone who doesn't even speak english fluently can cut a better promo than you.....you're basically a lost cause. Like the last 2 feuds Io had, you at least had Dakota and Candice(playing off of Johnny) who can carry the feud on the mic. You're not going to get that with Ember. She's as good in the ring as she is bad on the mic and portraying a character.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what ember tried to do with those ugly pants

s-l1600.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.