Mariah.

Jeffrey Wright Cast as Commissioner Gordon in Matt Reeves' "The Batman"; Jonah Hill in Talks for Villain

21 posts in this topic

Cue the Bat-signal.

There's going to be a new commissioner in Gotham City.

Westworld star Jeffrey Wright is in negotiations to play Commissioner Gordon, the classic ally to the Dark Knight, in Matt Reeves' The Batman. Robert Pattinson is headlining what is being planned as a grounded take on as the DC Comics crime-fighter. Casting is in the early stages for a who's who of Batman's rogue gallery. 

Jim Gordon, depending on what stage career-wise the character is portrayed, is the police commissioner or a detective at the Gotham City Police Department and Batman's reluctant ally. In recent screen appearances, Gary Oldman played the role in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, while J.K. Simmons played the role in Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Reeves will be directing from his own script for the Warner Bros./DC feature and will produce with his Planet of the Apes collaborator Dylan Clark. 

The Batman is set for a June 25, 2021, release.

Wright has a busy fall ahead of him with the release of Steven Soderbergh's financial drama The Laundromat and Warner Bros.' adaptation of The Goldfinch. He is set for the next James Bond film, No Time to Die, and Wes Anderson's next outing, The French Dispatch.

Wright is repped by CAA and Jackoway Austen.

Source

Riddle me this, dear reader: Who will he play?

Jonah Hill is in early talks to play one of the Dark Knight’s signature villains in Matt Reeves' The Batman.

Robert Pattinson is headlining the latest take on the popular DC Comics character with Jeffrey Wright in talks to play Batman ally Commissioner Gordon.

The project is being described as having a grounded take on the Caped Crusader and will feature many of Batman’s villains.

The talks with Hill are at an early and sensitive stage, not because of dealmaking but because the two sides can’t decide which character Hill will play, according to sources. The Penguin and the Riddler are the two characters that are in the conversation.

It is unclear if the two sides will be able to find common ground, say sources.

Hill, over the last several years, has become very choosy about the projects he tackles. The actor has transitioned from a comedy sidekick to a two-time Oscar nominee who has worked with Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio and who works with notable directors. His last major movie include Todd Phillips' War Dogs and Gus Van Sant’s Don’t Worry He Won’t Get Far On Foot. He also starred with Emma Stone in Cary Fukunaga’s series Maniac.

The actor is repped by WME, LBI Entertainment, and Jackoway Austen.

Source

Neither of them are who I had in mind, but I love it. Jonah needs to be Penguin though, I still want Nicholas for Riddler :shook: 

3 people like this

Chile if they don’t go ahead and sign Jonah’s round ass as Penguin.

3 people like this

Also I saw another casting suggestion but Timothée would be perfect as Robin. :shook: 

1 person likes this

Just now, Josh. said:

Also I saw another casting suggestion but Timothée would be perfect as Robin. :shook: 

I want him or Jacob Elordi :shook:. Timothée would be perfect if they're gonna spin off Nightwing after since he'll do better carrying his own film since he's got the clout :shook: 

2 people like this

56 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I want him or Jacob Elordi :shook:. Timothée would be perfect if they're gonna spin off Nightwing after since he'll do better carrying his own film since he's got the clout :shook: 

Warner really can't half ass Robin especially now that Disney doesn't have Spidey anymore that spot for a likable young twink hero is OPEN. :shook: 

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I feel like Timothee aesthetically looks better with Rob, but Jacob was born to play Nightwing

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

So since Hailee will probably be Kate Bishop now(lol), I wonder who are they looking at for Barbara? 

Wait cast Prudence from Sabrina as Barbara. A bad bitch. :shook: 

Image result for prudence sabrina

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Josh. said:

So since Hailee will probably be Kate Bishop now(lol), I wonder who are they looking at for Barbara? 

Since WB tends to repeat the use of their actors, I can see like Sydney Sweeney from Euphoria snatching. It'd be CUTE if they got Hunter Schafer or hell Zendaya with her red hair, but I'm sure her Sony schedule might block:shook: 

6 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Since WB tends to repeat the use of their actors, I can see like Sydney Sweeney from Euphoria snatching. It'd be CUTE if they got Hunter Schafer or hell Zendaya with her red hair, but I'm sure her Sony schedule might block:shook: 

Wait Euphoria is under WB? Hell they could probably cast any of those girls. Ugh Zendaya would be ideal but she's always being a bit too loyal to the mouse.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Josh. said:

Wait Euphoria is under WB? Hell they could probably cast any of those girls. Ugh Zendaya would be ideal but she's always being a bit too loyal to the mouse.

Yeah, WB owns HBO. It really is a theme for WB to recycle their stars (not exclusively, obviously) kinda like the old studio system, that's how I clocked Robert once he booked the Christopher Nolan movie for them. Jeffrey being on Westworld for HBO too :rot: 

1 person likes this

This meaning that we are getting a Batgirl that is either all black or mixed race. Uh, that is so powerful.

ibzfafhka9ud2uxgzg0.gif

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

This meaning that we are getting a Batgirl that is either all black or mixed race. Uh, that is so powerful.

ibzfafhka9ud2uxgzg0.gif

OMG why didn't I put together the dots :rot: 

PERIOD, Zendaya really would be a snapping, imagine the red hair has been to screen test :shook: 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

OMG why didn't I put together the dots :rot: 

PERIOD, Zendaya really would be a snapping, imagine the red hair has been to screen test :shook: 

dd they need to tell this bitch if she doesn't sign on then Euphoria is cancelled. Ain't nobody checking for the next Spiderman. :shook: 

2 people like this

Lego Commissioner Gordon and Batgirl setting a trend

51TkEOYRmnL._SY450_.jpg

30612-1.jpg

Jeffrey Wright is a good casting for Gordon. I probably would’ve never thought about Jonah Hill playing Penguin but that is an interesting casting too.

you know who'd make a great commissioner gordon?

Spoiler

lyjf1g8ockzh5zykty0r.jpg

This movie is shaping up to snap, and make up for the flop that was the Ben trial run.

China Anne McClain as Barbara Gordon (lets ignore black lighting) 

giphy.gif

it's official

Black Catwoman and Batgirl in the same universe

giphy.gif