Mariah.

Not Moderated: Backlot

135 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Amlex said:

They are about to become the biggest ship in stan Twitter omg :rot: poor whatever the biggest ship in mcu is

I found the video, their friendship seems genuine by his tone :crying2: 

2 people like this

3b830ffaeaa1bad80ed5ff017b32ffc959a22a77

ignore the weird guy in the glasses, and take in the power :shook: 

y3zuetjtdju31.jpg?width=373&auto=webp&s=

not steroids lkgkdlgklfklgf, I really can't wait to see this :shook: 

1 person likes this

a legend, a woman, a woman of color, has spoken

so that's on period, debate is over Martin Scorsese, Jennifer PANNEDiston and Sofia Coppola's father!

“Art lives in that world of imagination. It’s a playground there. It’s God’s playground. It’s not up to anyone to say what deserves to be there and what doesn’t deserve to be there. It’s anything that you want to be in that place can live there. And that is why we have some of the greatest painters, some of the greatest actors, some of the greatest writers, and that’s why we live. So I do believe that there’s a place for all of it.”

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

a legend, a woman, a woman of color, has spoken

so that's on period, debate is over Martin Scorsese, Jennifer PANNEDiston and Sofia Coppola's father!

Queen has spoken!

Also rightfully so the superhero movie attacks are getting old and quite frankly just started to sound like some of them were being haters.

3 people like this

While the first trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 isn't arriving until December, WarnerMedia debuted a brief but tantalizing new glimpse of the movie at today's HBO Max presentation.

Unfortunately, there's no indication Warners will be releasing this footage online, but read on for a breakdown of what we saw during the presentation.

Much of the footage appears to be set in Washington DC. We see a shot of Diana and Steve Trevor walking in front of the Washington Monument. Diana is wearing a white, Greek goddess-inspired dress and reaches out to caress Steve's cheek. Her voice-over narration mourns, “I can almost see it, like a beautiful dream.”

That narration would seem to suggest this is a dream sequence of some sort, though the footage itself looks real enough.

A second scene lends more credence to the idea that Steve Trevor is alive and well and not just a figment of Diana's imagination. We see Wonder Woman battling enemies inside the White House while wearing her new armor. She protects Steve from gunfire, grabs a gun and unloads it in slow-motion and pulls foes closer with her lasso. Another cryptic shot shows her whipping her lasso around to possibly deflect or redirect a bolt of lightning. Could she be fighting Zeus?

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/10/30/wonder-woman-1984-white-house-fight-footage-scene

there's also tea that there's five action sequences/set pieces, I'm READY :shook: 

3 people like this

not sure whether her feeling the need to say this or her haircut in that photo is worse

:frecklefox: 

1 person likes this

I’ve been waiting for him to do something dumb

un0oqja.gif

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I’ve been waiting for him to do something dumb

un0oqja.gif

Welp time for the twitter girlies to run back to keanu for their quirky older actor fix
un0oqja.gif

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Welp time for the twitter girlies to run back to keanu for their quirky older actor fix
un0oqja.gif

I don’t think anything’s going to happen tbh because I feel like his entire base is white women who don’t care about ... much, but I was watching an interview with an author I really like who’s quite influential in feminist movements and she said his #MeToo moment has been a long time coming...

un0oqja.gif

1 person likes this

speaking of Woody Allen, I'm glad THE KING (on Netflix) denounced his work with him after he was lashed

6c42472eeff363e065eb5535ff5cb7a379b46fa1

the intelligence and the beauty

un0oqja.gif

I saw Doctor Sleep and loved it!

If you saw The Shining (Kubrick's version) or the mini-series in the 90s, which was more faithful to the book, it's definitely a worthy successor. It got me emotional. I'm actively listening to The Shining on audiobook so all the events are fresh in my mind. It was bittersweet getting an ending.

GO SEE IT!

Image result for doctor sleep gif

Additionally, this is like the 3rd or 4th Mike Flanagan horror project I've seen that's really impressed me. Horror/thrillers/sci-fi etc, are my bread and butter so it's very pleasing when a movie strays from what I'm expecting, which is rare these days. He's such a great director, can't wait for The Haunting of Bly Manor!

Edited by Charlotte's Weave
3 people like this

2 hours ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

I saw Doctor Sleep and loved it!

If you saw The Shining (Kubrick's version) or the mini-series in the 90s, which was more faithful to the book, it's definitely a worthy successor. It got me emotional. I'm actively listening to The Shining on audiobook so all the events are fresh in my mind. It was bittersweet getting an ending.

GO SEE IT!

Image result for doctor sleep gif

Additionally, this is like the 3rd or 4th Mike Flanagan horror project I've seen that's really impressed me. Horror/thrillers/sci-fi etc, are my bread and butter so it's very pleasing when a movie strays from what I'm expecting, which is rare these days. He's such a great director, can't wait for The Haunting of Bly Manor!

Haven’t seen it yet, but I heard Rebecca Ferguson was iconic as Rose the Hat.

Edited by Tamina’s ligaments
1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Tamina’s ligaments said:

Haven’t seen it yet, but I heard Rebecca Ferguson was iconic as Rose the Hat.

Yesss, she was so great in her role, a very formidable adversary!

Image result for alexa bliss nodding gif

1 person likes this

I don’t want to make a thread in the music section for this and she’s got acting awards and noms now so

:clitglam: 

4 hours ago, Jeigz said:

I don’t want to make a thread in the music section for this and she’s got acting awards and noms now so

As does everyone sans Swine

IU13MFt.gif

6 hours ago, Jeigz said:

She should since it’s better than Joanne. :hatnikki: