Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katy

Why Do You Dislike Who You Dislike?

4 posts in this topic

Today on my podcast, they were talking about Taylor Swift and why she doesn't always get the respect she deserves. They started naming how all her albums always go number one, she has tons of hits off each one, and then people like Beyonce, unless you're a Stan, you couldn't name two hits off her last album because she doesn't get the same kind of radio time, etc etc etc.

Calm your tits, I'm not saying Taylor is better than Beyonce, it's what they were discussing and it made me wonder why do some people dislike others who are obviously very popular? It seems like people either love or hate GaGa, some people stan Britney hardcore and some can't stand her. Who are some artists you dislike and why?

Y'all be nice about this too. I'm just trying to start a discussion because I'm honestly curious. I'll start with one:

I don't like Cardi B. And for a long time I didn't really like Nicki Minaj either. Cardi, before I even know who she was or what she had been, couldn't stand her voice. I think her songs sound ignorant. idk if it's her voice or what, but I cannot listen to her music without feeling like my IQ drops. Nicki I didn't really like because of kinda the same reason, her different voices were annoying. I was still huge on Missy and even Lil Kim, and what Nicki brought to the table was waaaay different. I still don't like the majority of her stuff, but she has definitely put out some bops and I respect her.

I think with any celebrity, it's their media persona I either love or hate. Like with Beyonce, I don't hate her per se, but sometimes the way the media all just serves Beyhive, who are already annoying, just kinda turns me off of her. Then there's people like Demi Lovato who are just annoying in general or people like Taylor Swift who seem annoying by the way she presents herself.

Celebrities bitching on social media has made me dislike a lot of people I liked. Toughen up and get over a faceless troll account.

1 person likes this

Azealia Banks, for the simple fact that she prefers to make money off of insulting other people rather than because of her music, which she's supposed to do to begin with