Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainbow Heart

Ruby Riott on Vickie Guerrero's podcast

24 posts in this topic

Me not wanting to touch this podcast with a 10ft pole, but I'll do it for her
tumblr_pszx5mbDHk1v4ddmn_540.png

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/excuse-me-the-vickie-guerrero-show/id1479133919

Notes*
- Vickie puts her over for a hot minute, talks about watching her from NXT to main roster and wanting to meet Ruby at the rumble
- Confirms that in May she needed shoulder surgery on her right shoulder, needed 6 anchors put in her shoulder, then 8 weeks later she had the same surgery on her left shoulder and needed 7 or 8 anchors in that arm.
- This is the longest she has ever been away from professional wrestling
- Not 100% sure on a return date, but the doctor's say she is doing well on the road to recovery, possibly early 2020 but can't give a more accurrate date than that
- Has lost a bunch of arm muscle, talks about going through such a shift with being out and having to stop to such a screeching halt. Didn't even know what to do with herself without wrestling
- Was a mess and got a puppy the week after having her surgery, assumed from her first dog that puppies would be easy, was wrong.
- Likes going to concerts to occupy her time, says it gives her the same feeling that wrestling does
- Favourite band is a punk rock group called Rancid (idk if the spelling for that is right but I just assumed it was the same as the actual word), took her first name (Ruby) from one of their songs. Also saw 'Less than Jake', 'Teenage Bottle Rocket', 'Against Me' and was supposed to go see 'Pup' but had bronchitis so skipped it :michael:
- Says it's cool how a lot of the bands she likes seem to love wrestling
- Wants to fight Lacey Evans (in the ring), thinks their characters would have a fun dynamic
- Loves Becky, wants to 'sink her teeth' into something with her :specky:
- Loves the IIconics and Fire & Desire
- Vickie hopes the brand split will allow for the women to start getting more time again
- Ruby wants to see Sarah and Liv take over and get their chance. has been rooting for them at home
- Doesn't think she carries herself as a 'veteran', believes that you can learn something from everyone you are in the ring with whether they are in the ring for 1 year or decades.
- Loves that she has worked with people from all different backgrounds in WWE like Models and Gymnasts. Felt like their was a divide on the indies of only working with other indie types of talent as opposed to more 'homegrown' people. 
- Loves seeing people who didn't necessary want to be wrestlers start trying it and falling in love with it just like her. Points to Alexa as a prime example of this. 
- Talks about how special the first rumble was. Loved being there with legends as well as women from NXT and seeing everyone put aside their differences to form a camaraderie to put on a good match/moment. Not doing it for themselves but for the betterment of women's wrestling as a whole
- Hopes there is no hard feelings for tossing Vickie out of that match
- Random other man on this podcast brings up her match with Ronda Rousey
- Ruby immediately ignores her match from elimination chamber and talks about the one from the next night on Raw. 
- That was the main event of the night, so she thought that aspect was incredible. it was the first time she had ever been in that slot
- That was her favourite match she has had since coming up to Raw and Smackdown
- Says she had to look at facing ronda completely differently than facing any of her other opponents and loved that aspect about it. She is used to looking at her opponent as a 'sports entertainer' but ronda was different. Liked the challenge of making it believable with Ronda's skillset
- Worked with Shayna on the indies and had the same feeling with her
- Tried to use the ring a lot in her match with Ronda, thought it would be something someone like Ronda wouldn't be familiar with so it made sense story wise for her to take advantage of that
- Says 'yes ma'am' to Vickie to which Vickie objects :michael:
- Vickie brings up her table for 3 with the riott squad and how people backstage were telling them they wouldn't still be together in six weeks so prepare to be split up. 
- Ruby says the riott squad is the best thing to ever happen to her just because Sarah and Liv are such amazing people and their bond together feels so selfless. They all just wanted the best for each other, no matter what.
- Ruby Says Sarah is her brain and Liv is her heart. They know her better than anyone else in the world. Can go to them at any time. They've made her a better person both in and outside the ring
- Brings up how they never came together with a 'team look' because wwe originally wanted to split them up so early. Felt there was no point in changing themselves if they would just be split up and have to change back. Says that it may have actually worked in their favour as it made them all stand out and stay true to themselves
- Calls the Riott Squad 'Perfectly Imperfect'
- Says WWE has never asked her to change her look and always let her do her own thing. Brings up OVW and says how different it was there and she was told to wear more skirts and dress prettier and be more girly in the ring
- Ruby never thought she would be in the WWE ever. She could just never fathom it cause she wasn't the type of woman they wanted. Didn't even bother trying out until WWE straight up asked her to
- Got scouted at a Shimmer show after a 3 month Japan tour. 
- Was 30 minutes late for her first appearance as a WWE extra. Cried to the parking lady so she could park at the front without paying (Ruby had no cash on her). Gets out of the elvator crying, looking a hot mess and looks up and the only person she sees is John Cena. John tries to calm her down and say don't worry but she just ran to talent relations 
- Admits she sucks at social media
- Vickie asks a random question about if her 5 year old self randomly found themself in Ruby's body right now what would they do
- Ruby tells a story about how her childhood self would take branches from the willow tree outside her house and chase boys around her neighbourhood whipping them with it, so probably that

7 people like this

Ruby wants to see Sarah and Liv take over and get their chance.

Come again?

MG1OYoV.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Don Draper said:

Come again?

MG1OYoV.gif

Sarah realistically will have the better career between the 3.

hOVDCIO.gif

4 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

hOVDCIO.gif

Well lets realistically hope that doesn’t happen

hOVDCIO.gif

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

In what world?

hOVDCIO.gif  

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

hOVDCIO.gif

I mean, she is booked and busy on Main Event with Dana Brooke so I guess that's a better career than Riott and Morgan

hOVDCIO.gif

3 people like this

24 minutes ago, Kevin Thomas said:

In what world?

hOVDCIO.gif  

The one where she appears on tv and Liv sits at home.

hOVDCIO.gif

Y'all randomly making this thread about Sarah Logan's career prospects. Queen of gay meat living rent free in your minds
cbC2IgN.gif

10 people like this

22 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Y'all randomly making this thread about Sarah Logan's career prospects. Queen of gay meat living rent free in your minds
cbC2IgN.gif

She’s kept the gays fed all summer.

1 person likes this

I like her and I do think she’ll get to have a championship run one day. However, the part where she talks about using the ring to her advantage when she fought Ronda because that would make sense is the most bizarre and Indy-wrestling thing I can ever imagine. I think she needs to get working on being more of an entertainer and less of an Indy-minded worker (even though she literally says she doesn’t like people like that but then basically puts herself in that box :skull:) and she’ll be okay. She always gets cute little mini-pushes and they trust her, so if she’s steps it up I think she’ll be a good title contender. 

hOVDCIO.gif

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

hOVDCIO.gif

Sarah realistically hasn’t been seen on Raw or SD since Ruby got injured. 

hOVDCIO.gif

1 person likes this

She was the best part of the trio, tbh. And her matches were enjoyable so I hope they have a spot for her in the tag or solo division when she’s cleared 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, prince. said:

Sarah realistically hasn’t been seen on Raw or SD since Ruby got injured. 

hOVDCIO.gif

She was on Raw chasing after Carmella.

hOVDCIO.gif

Just now, Twisted Bliss said:

She was on Raw chasing after Carmella.

hOVDCIO.gif

I mean, exactly my point?

hOVDCIO.gif

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

cbC2IgN.gif

Sarah, of all people, stealing the attention. Is Ruby going to flop back to NXT Live events at this rate?

MG1OYoV.gif

8 minutes ago, Christon said:

Sarah, of all people, stealing the attention. Is Ruby going to flop back to NXT Live events at this rate?

MG1OYoV.gif

Sir do we need to take this outside?
aONkvHz.gif

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Rainbow Heart said:

- Wants to fight Lacey Evans (in the ring), thinks their characters would have a fun dynamic

this would be a moment tbh, lacey calling this bitch an emo nasty "thug" would shake twitter

we need a scandal 

MG1OYoV.gif

3 people like this

Honestly, I do like Ruby and I would love to see more of her once she returns. However, I peeped a few of Sarah's matches with Dana Brooke on main event she's a cute girl and her new theme is kind of a bop. I would like to see both of these women used more honestly and LIV too.

2 people like this

Random other man on this podcast brings up her match with Ronda Rousey
- Ruby immediately ignores her match from elimination chamber and talks bout the one from the next night on Raw. 

:rot:

awwww, this makes me like her!!! not that I disliked her before, just wasn't really on my radar, but I like seeing this side of them.

thanks for typing all this up!

I can’t wait till she gets back ❤️

8 hours ago, prince. said:

I mean, exactly my point?

hOVDCIO.gif

hOVDCIO.gif

USE all of the Squad! 

22 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

The one where she appears on tv and Liv sits at home.

hOVDCIO.gif

Tea but let's not act like Ruby was never the head bitch. She'll resume that spot upon her return.

hOVDCIO.gif

1 person likes this