Jeigz

Heartbreakers' Diva of the Decade 2010-2019 | & the Winner is...

1,347 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Objectively, none of these women have had a more important decade than Brie has had. What's stopping from going full throttle with her, however, is that for all the opportunity she's been afforded, she seemed to have always fallen short of taking full advantage, and has needed a prominent crutch in any major program she's had. Brie v. Stephanie should've been one of, if not the most, important women's feud of the past decade --- yet, Stephanie practically had to carry the entire thing on her back.

I'm gonna go with Maryse. I don't see pulling through long-term, but she managed to establish herself in two decades, and managed to become an indispensable element to Miz's character, especially at a crucial point where he was on a downward slope.

What opportunities has she been afforded? Wow, the one major feud she was allowed to have on her own and against a woman most of the roster past AND present wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with and she still came out of it with huge support that was never capitalised on. That's the only reason it isn't looked back on as fondly as it should, because Brie was promptly discarded and stopped from reaching her top face potential.

Regardless, the pure facts are that Brie (and Nikki, because they should be together) massively shaped the decade. If we're acknowledging more than strictly their careers as active competitors, Total Divas alone trumps everything else in this match. Most of the matches. The others in this one range from cute to odd, but they definitely don't land on the same level as her from 2010 onwards. Not even close.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

What opportunities has she been afforded? Wow, the one major feud she was allowed to have on her own and against a woman most of the roster past AND present wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with and she still came out of it with huge support that was never capitalised on. That's the only reason it isn't looked back on as fondly as it should, because Brie was promptly discarded and stopped from reaching her top face potential.

Regardless, the pure facts are that Brie (and Nikki, because they should be together) massively shaped the decade. If we're acknowledging more than strictly their careers as active competitors, Total Divas alone trumps everything else in this match. Most of the matches. The others in this one range from cute to odd, but they definitely don't land on the same level as her from 2010 onwards. Not even close.

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

rip her head off

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Layout said:

Please say something @Shoaib.  Looking back at what she did with Kane and Bryan has me lowkey agreeing with this 

VffZeUw.gif

As eloquent as it is, no tea was served, sorry!

sYoXhjt.gif

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHY is this @Shoaib. coming in to punch @Maxim while I escape unscathed :rot: 

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Briegans better keep this same energy voting Nikki in the finals

sYoXhjt.gif

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shoaib. said:

As eloquent as it is, no tea was served, sorry!

sYoXhjt.gif

these girls use capital letters, punctuation, and the word objectively and everyone is impressed! i'm not buying it

sYoXhjt.gif

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Christon said:

The girls are FIGHTINGGG this round. You knew the candle to light, Jeigz.

sYoXhjt.gif

he said Nikki, AJ, Alexa and the Horsewomen are already locked, what's controversial enough to shake the table? I'm SICK

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

he said Nikki, AJ, Alexa and the Horsewomen are already locked, what's controversial enough to shake the table? I'm SICK

oh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crystal said:

@Shoaib. was having NONE of that Brie slander.

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

He’s been ready to be let out of the cage since the graphics came out and she was downgraded.

I’m ready for Iconic Marie’s round..

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@prince. wasn’t lying when he said it should be Brie and Maryse, even though both only qualified cause they had weird Divas title reigns at the beginning of the decade they both brought it in the second half/middle in their own ways. 

anyway, I haven’t counted a single vote yet

tumblr_inline_n9yvujknl61sawh4y.gif.c688

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all melina did this decade was ruin alicia's career, fuck that bitch

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeigz said:

@prince. wasn’t lying when he said it should be Brie and Maryse, even though both only qualified cause they had weird Divas title reigns at the beginning of the decade they both brought it in the second half/middle in their own ways. 

anyway, I haven’t counted a single vote yet

tumblr_inline_n9yvujknl61sawh4y.gif.c688

So you still have time to fix this and pair the Bellas.

sYoXhjt.gif

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shoaib. said:

So you still have time to fix this and pair the Bellas.

sYoXhjt.gif

I lowkey want y’all to vote “Bella Twins” in the wildcard round so I have to filter through individual lists for Nikki, Brie, and them as a pair 

sYoXhjt.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

The Briegans better keep this same energy voting Nikki in the finals

sYoXhjt.gif

The Neckibeards don't claim Brie

tumblr_inline_n9yvujknl61sawh4y.gif.c688

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

What opportunities has she been afforded? Wow, the one major feud she was allowed to have on her own and against a woman most of the roster past AND present wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with and she still came out of it with huge support that was never capitalised on. That's the only reason it isn't looked back on as fondly as it should, because Brie was promptly discarded and stopped from reaching her top face potential.

Regardless, the pure facts are that Brie (and Nikki, because they should be together) massively shaped the decade. If we're acknowledging more than strictly their careers as active competitors, Total Divas alone trumps everything else in this match. Most of the matches. The others in this one range from cute to odd, but they definitely don't land on the same level as her from 2010 onwards. Not even close.

I feel like we're definitely going to have differing points of view on the entire first half, namely why exactly it was that they did discard Brie during the height of her popularity (her being her own crippler), but it is what it is. I can't say that I agree with most women not having the kind of gumption to have a program with Stephanie, especially in today's environment where I feel most of the current women definitely have the tools to do so (and better!). She couldn't stand with Stephanie on mic and, despite their match being perhaps the most impressive notch in both of their respective galleries, it says a lot that the non-wrestler ended up being the most interesting to watch.

To Brie's credit, she was massively over during their feud, no doubt. But perhaps that hearkens back to one of those crutches I mentioned before, and I don't want to be the one to call his name! :stephanie:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

all melina did this decade was ruin alicia's career, fuck that bitch

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

I SCHOEKD

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we want the bellas as pairs so Melegend can go through to the next round please

sYoXhjt.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Christon said:

He’s been ready to be let out of the cage since the graphics came out and she was downgraded.

I’m ready for Iconic Marie’s round..

ZqZ8whY.gif.f97ffaa142272f9c848367b81b4b

That was obviously a Total Bella Army ratings ploy.  @Jeigz being a top secret graduate of Fearless University. I see the business savvy. :hatnikki:

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maxim said:

I feel like we're definitely going to have differing points of view on the entire first half, namely why exactly it was that they did discard Brie during the height of her popularity (her being her own crippler), but it is what it is. I can't say that I agree with most women not having the kind of gumption to have a program with Stephanie, especially in today's environment where I feel most of the current women definitely have the tools to do so (and better!). She couldn't stand with Stephanie on mic and, despite their match being perhaps the most impressive notch in both of their respective galleries, it says a lot that the non-wrestler ended up being the most interesting to watch.

To Brie's credit, she was massively over during their feud, no doubt. But maybe perhaps hearkens back to one of those crutches I mentioned before, and I don't want to be the one to call his name! :stephanie:

The non-wrestler being the most interesting to watch in the ring when she stepped into it for the first time in over a decade isn't a surprise nor was her being the better talker when that was literally her regular role, so it doesn't say much at all really. The match was likely never meant to be one on one but rather a mixed tag, and Brie sustaining her popularity through the questionably booked Bella/Bella feud after was a testament to her potential. 

And you can mention him and then refer to the second paragraph for the show Brie and her sister were the driving force behind that even allowed that relationship to be acknowledged on Raw or SD in the first place. So.... like I said.

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

As eloquent as it is, no tea was served, sorry!

sYoXhjt.gif

I'm team Brie again

EIKaod3WkAE9Kpr?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me as I wait for the next round

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Votes counted. Except @Layout who I think voted for Winter except he changed his mind twice without committing. 

sYoXhjt.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Votes counted. Except @Layout who I 

I picked Winter 

sYoXhjt.gif 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Layout said:

I picked Winter 

sYoXhjt.gif 

that’s what I had but I had to make sure 

sYoXhjt.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.