Jeigz

Heartbreakers' Diva of the Decade 2010-2019 | & the Winner is...

1,349 posts in this topic

Just now, Jeigz said:

6XYJs1h.png
Total Score: 146.75
Number of Lists: 20

Tracking Natalya’s career is a bit like tracking the decade itself. A cornerstone of WWE’s women’s division, the only female graduate of the Hart family’s Dungeon is one of only a few whose tenure spans the entirety of the 2010s and in a way accurately depicts the effects the Women’s Evolution has had on the industry. Winning the Divas Championship at Survivor Series 2010, Natalya spent the first few years of the decade as an important but minor player of the division. After teaming with Beth Phoenix as the Divas of Doom, she joined the cast of Total Divas in 2013 and became engaged in the AJ Lee/“traditional divas” feud, coming up short many times in title challenges, looking generally unimpressive despite her strong technical background. Perhaps the first rejuvenation in Natalya’s career came at NXT Takeover in 2014, where she faced Charlotte in a universally acclaimed match for the NXT Women’s Championship that is said to have set Charlotte’s career into motion. She continued along, managing her husband and adopting a now signature catsuit attire, always maintaining a presence in the division—always putting over new talent and ensuring good matches for the less experienced. After missing the Women’s Revolution angle, Natalya’s second wind came with a heel turn as she was drafted to SmackDown Live in 2016, having a memorable feud with Nikki Bella and maintaining her locker room leader status as she was able to reach the top again, winning the SmackDown Women’s Championship at Summerslam 2017. Nattie hasn’t reached that peak again, but that’s not to say she hasn’t been one of the key players of the women’s division. She’s competed in every Money in the Bank Ladder Match, both Royal Rumbles, the first women’s match in Saudi Arabia, and continues to receive a spotlight in minor rivalries. She may not be the flashiest competitor, nor the most adored, but Natalya’s importance in the Women’s Evolution is unparalleled. Her ability to elevate those around her has always been evident, but never more so than in situations where we see the women breaking ground and challenging the norms. Natalya is in many ways the foundation of the women’s division: she builds those around her up and grows along the way, getting the chance to shine at the top every now and then.

MC0P8rt.gif

2 people like this

payola but that's nice

Kar2QqD.gif

3 people like this

I have everyone's list for the next time you try to drag my fave, btw

Hq5Ulju.gif

3 people like this

Just now, Gavin said:

payola but that's nice

Kar2QqD.gif

Just now, Jeigz said:

I have everyone's list for the next time you try to drag my fave, btw

Hq5Ulju.gif

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

6XYJs1h.png
Total Score: 146.75
Number of Lists: 20

Tracking Natalya’s career is a bit like tracking the decade itself. A cornerstone of WWE’s women’s division, the only female graduate of the Hart family’s Dungeon is one of only a few whose tenure spans the entirety of the 2010s and in a way accurately depicts the effects the Women’s Evolution has had on the industry. Winning the Divas Championship at Survivor Series 2010, Natalya spent the first few years of the decade as an important but minor player of the division. After teaming with Beth Phoenix as the Divas of Doom, she joined the cast of Total Divas in 2013 and became engaged in the AJ Lee/“traditional divas” feud, coming up short many times in title challenges, looking generally unimpressive despite her strong technical background. Perhaps the first rejuvenation in Natalya’s career came at NXT Takeover in 2014, where she faced Charlotte in a universally acclaimed match for the NXT Women’s Championship that is said to have set Charlotte’s career into motion. She continued along, managing her husband and adopting a now signature catsuit attire, always maintaining a presence in the division—always putting over new talent and ensuring good matches for the less experienced. After missing the Women’s Revolution angle, Natalya’s second wind came with a heel turn as she was drafted to SmackDown Live in 2016, having a memorable feud with Nikki Bella and maintaining her locker room leader status as she was able to reach the top again, winning the SmackDown Women’s Championship at Summerslam 2017. Nattie hasn’t reached that peak again, but that’s not to say she hasn’t been one of the key players of the women’s division. She’s competed in every Money in the Bank Ladder Match, both Royal Rumbles, the first women’s match in Saudi Arabia, and continues to receive a spotlight in minor rivalries. She may not be the flashiest competitor, nor the most adored, but Natalya’s importance in the Women’s Evolution is unparalleled. Her ability to elevate those around her has always been evident, but never more so than in situations where we see the women breaking ground and challenging the norms. Natalya is in many ways the foundation of the women’s division: she builds those around her up and grows along the way, getting the chance to shine at the top every now and then.

Legend things. :shook:

4 people like this

Bitches really were going to try and leave Natalya off they list. I can list a plethora of Natalya matches where she carried a few of these girls to a solid 4.5 match. She may be stale and her moveset maybe rinse & repeat and the Sharpshooter maybe tired and her promos may be cringy and overall her personality maybe a bit extra at times...but hate or love her you have to respect her. Queen shit.

MC0P8rt.gif

4 people like this

tumblr_ovv4xg0k361rmv1vdo1_400.gif

6 people like this

Her Smackdown era really helped me stop sleeping on her.

6 people like this

omg, let me go watch her SS title win again. :shook:

1 person likes this

I forgot how good these times were....Then Charlotte came back and snatched the title of Nattie. :mawma:

Heel Mella :shook:Ms. MITB:shook:

4 people like this

Nattie is a legend and I hate to see it.

Kar2QqD.gif

5 people like this

ok wait now I'm getting mad again lets move on...

Kar2QqD.gif

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Nattie is a legend and I hate to see it.

Kar2QqD.gif

keep discussing this until I post the next one  x

Kar2QqD.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I forgot how good these times were....Then Charlotte came back and snatched the title of Nattie. :mawma:

Heel Mella :shook:Ms. MITB:shook:

Me seeing their rematch live really changed my views on Natalya, and Naomi that year.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Her Smackdown era really helped me stop sleeping on her.

Naomi, Lana & Tamina and when we used to tolerate Becky.  Lana & Tamina never becoming much of a thing and they never explored Naomi vs Tamina even after she dropped the title. This all could have lead to a 5-way title match Natalya vs Naomi vs Tamina vs Becky vs Charlotte. SD was good here too tbh.

2 people like this

Just based on how many gifs she has blessed us with over the years, Nattie deserved.

As for Alexa, I still remember MITB 2018 so...

Ehat7UX.gif

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Just based on how many gifs she has blessed us with over the years, Nattie deserved.

As for Alexa, I still remember MITB 2018 so...

Ehat7UX.gif

The night she delayed Ronda’s inevitable reign that led us to where we are now.

Kar2QqD.gif

4 people like this

Not gonna lie, Natalya's been a bit of a snooze over the years but she deserves to be ranked waaay higher than 9th.

Kar2QqD.gif

3 people like this

I'll never forgive Nattle-tale for getting the TD/AJ storyline cancelled (allegedly, but lbr, it was her) and giving stan twitter that tired, ignorant read of "well if AJ was poor, how she afford WM!"

Kar2QqD.gif

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Not gonna lie, Natalya's been a bit of a snooze over the years but she deserves to be ranked waaay higher than 9th.

Kar2QqD.gif

if the 8 remaining girls are AJ, Charlotte, Bellas, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and Gail, then no! Mickie is the only one you can argue her coming for! I can't see anyone else placing

Kar2QqD.gif

2 people like this

I'll never forgive Nattle-tale for getting the TD/AJ storyline cancelled (allegedly, but lbr, it was her) and giving stan twitter that tired, ignorant read of "well if AJ was poor, how she afford WM!"

Kar2QqD.gif

3qIZJHq.gif

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Kar2QqD.gif

Tell them, king! Her name is going to be in the history books higher than some of the coming placements but the girls are never ready for that conversation. 

Kar2QqD.gif

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Kar2QqD.gif

I always wondered if Nikki was lowkey involved with creating this narrative.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

3qIZJHq.gif

so y'all wanna get into some thangz?

3qIZJHq.gif

1 person likes this

if the 8 remaining girls are AJ, Charlotte, Bellas, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and Gail, then no! Mickie is the only one you can argue her coming for! I can't see anyone else placing

Kar2QqD.gif

Now see, here’s where that good behavior’s gonna disappear. 

Kar2QqD.gif

3 people like this