Jeigz

Heartbreakers' Diva of the Decade 2010-2019 | & the Winner is...

1,349 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Angelic said:

Fuck that, I'm swinging. How is AJ the top ranked in character when y'all went through the trouble to make sure Momckie placed as well? Even if we aren't counting the Trish feud, she still served everything in every role she was given, even in TSA! 

V52WoF1.gif

And Carmella not making it when she's been MAKING careers since NXT?

Generous Queen has made people's careers worth something in the men's and women's divisions even when she wasn't directly benefitting in it.

She set the stage for Natalya's iconic Smackdown promo against Nikki when Mella wasn't even the one that whooped Nikki's ass.

We're not gonna count the first and second and consecutive and longest reigning Ms. MITB?

And how she single handedly gave Becky the character development that Charlotte got to cash in on when Becky turned? Everything was set for Becky to get her retribution on Carmella, but they gave it all to Charlotte instead.

Carmella served impact and character down! And she didn't need to be handed accolades and titles and immediate spotlight to do it! Queen made it happen organically!

V52WoF1.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Angelic said:

And Carmella not making it when she's been MAKING careers since NXT?

Generous Queen has made people's careers worth something in the men's and women's divisions even when she wasn't directly benefitting in it.

She set the stage for Natalya's iconic Smackdown promo against Nikki when Mella wasn't even the one that whooped Nikki's ass.

We're not gonna count the first and second and consecutive and longest reigning Ms. MITB?

And how she single handedly gave Becky the character development that Charlotte got to cash in on when Becky turned? Everything was set for Becky to get her retribution on Carmella, but they gave it all to Charlotte instead.

Carmella served impact and character down! And she didn't need to be handed accolades and titles and immediate spotlight to do it! Queen made it happen organically!

V52WoF1.gif

The Mella stans not being as loud as they should have been.

topI8l9.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Angelic said:

Fuck that, I'm swinging. How is AJ the top ranked in character when y'all went through the trouble to make sure Momckie placed as well? Even if we aren't counting the Trish feud, she still served everything in every role she was given, even in TSA! 

V52WoF1.gif

Technically, Maryse was, but sis barely made the countdown, so 

topI8l9.gif

11 hours ago, Jeigz said:

8C34Mxm.png
Total Score: 207.375
Number of Lists: 27

Y’all had blinders on for this one. After arguably the greatest ascension to top-girl status of maybe any woman, Mickie James left WWE in 2010 after being fat shamed, but still winning a 5th Women’s Championship along the way. A queen always knows how to reinvent herself, though, and that’s what Mickie did: debuting for TNA in the same year, Mickie quickly rose to the top thanks to the talent and charisma we all know and love, having memorable feuds with Madison Rayne, Tara, and Gail Kim on her way to 3 Knockouts Championships. Even without WWE, Mickie was arguably the top woman in professional wrestling, at least through 2012, and she even added depth to her persona that had been missing during her final WWE years. Her TNA run trailed off, and she was run over by a train or something, but in 2016 she made a shocking return to WWE, first challenging the unbeatable Asuka and then in an angle that allied her with Alexa Bliss on SmackDown live. Proving her ability to transcend generations and her world-class talent, Mickie has been rather quiet since returning thanks to WWE not wanting her to eclipse her rival Trish Stratus’s list of accolades, but she did have a nice feud with Alexa Bliss and has been a perennial competitor in the women’s division. Now retire and get that Hall of Fame check!

Special thanks to @Pablo for statistics and accomplishment information.

You could have at least put that she made history becoming the first and only women to hold all major titles in both companies. :perched:

4 people like this

7 hours ago, Jeigz said:

Technically, Maryse was, but sis barely made the countdown, so 

topI8l9.gif

Oh iight. But thank you for the hard work!

topI8l9.gif

1 person likes this

Honestly shocked Carmella didn't make it.

I'm proud of you HB. Correct choices were made.

The Bella's ranking at #6 is the biggest injustice this world has ever seen. I hate it here.

V52WoF1.gif

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Mariah. said:

come here @WWFoverWWE BECAUSE after they dragged you to hell on Twitter for being a DUMMY, I welcomed you back with open arms. And this is how you do the woman who put the forum on?

Kar2QqD.gif

mess i have little memory of my list but I think my intention was to sabotage rather than be accurate adgsabdvgs let's have a redo @Jeigz

Kar2QqD.gif

3 people like this

5 hours ago, Eric said:

You could have at least put that she made history becoming the first and only women to hold all major titles in both companies. :perched:

Get ha! :perched:

@Jeigz Thank you by the way for hosting this special event. I know some of us don’t follow directions can’t read etc but you should host more countdowns in 2020. You did a great job and I loved your layout etc.

3qIZJHq.gif

5 people like this

17 hours ago, Jeigz said:

viMrf7s.png 
Total Score: 251.25
Number of Lists: 29

Do I need to say anything? The Queen, Charlotte Flair, takes her throne as our Diva of the Decade. Charlotte has been unstoppable since her NXT debut in 2013, debuting with her father Ric in her corner and quickly raising in the ranks in the developmental brand. She captured the NXT Women’s Title in 2014 thanks to a huge career-making rub from Natalya, and debuted on the Main Roster the following year in the Women’s Revolution angle. Swiftly raising to the top once again, Charlotte dethroned Nikki Bella later that year, and by 2016 was a Wrestlemania headliner alongside fellow Four Horsewomen Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks. Charlotte won their match, fittingly becoming the inaugural Women’s Champion of a new era. A combined 11-time women’s champion, Charlotte has competed in more first-ever matches than any other woman, winning most of them and even maintaining a bit of an undefeated streak on pay-per-view in 2016. Her feud with Sasha Banks, of course, remains in our minds, as does her notorious defeat over Asuka at Wrestlemania 34, ending her 900+ day undefeated streak. It becomes almost redundant listing Charlotte’s accolades, but let’s not discredit her either. She has been handed a lot thus far in her short career, but it takes someone with the aura and the ability of a Queen to be able to take the praise, the derision, and still come out on top. Charlotte is the first woman to headline a pay-per-view, is likely the reason for ‘Mania 35’s women’s Main Event, and her record-breaking accomplishments provide hope that other women can reach such feats. Love or hate her, Charlotte Flair has ruled the 2010s in women’s wrestling.

don't forget her notorious rise to meme stardom periodt

Kar2QqD.gif

2 people like this

Thank you so much to @Jeigz for doing this. I'm tired and through so I didn't get to be around much for the live reveals but I've still had so much fun being a part of this!

However, Layla over Michelle was simply criminal and I hate that gworl but Vulva Sky deserved. @prince. is also raggedy for letting the BeliEVErs down. Just had to get that off my chest. Perched for the next countdown and y'all to fuck up again!

Kar2QqD.gif

2 people like this

23 hours ago, Jeigz said:

not even gonna rub salt in the wound but Eve would have made it and probably Tara and Tessa would not have if @prince. voted, whoops

Kar2QqD.gif

WELL I'M GLAD HE DIDNT SEND

22 hours ago, Mariah. said:

deserves to rank, but way too high. I don't think her TNA run holds up like that to carry her to top THREE and WWE has been.... well, y'know

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

How you hating from outside the promotion? you cant even get in! 

Anyways I should have deflated Charlotte like i originally was going to and Gail would have won; mariah dragging me on Discord making me push Charlotte ahead. Oh well Two KNOCKOUTS  (kinda)  made it in the top 3 that's IMPACT! 

1 person likes this

I see The Bella Twins fell short as expected.

http://www.heartbreakers.me/uploads/monthly_2019_10/tumblr_inline_n9yvujknl61sawh4y.gif.c688cb233201694ee2e587e1d07e7277.thumb.gif.098fe9754d0b0e6492c0718b37e3d94c.gif

I did give Charlotte all 10's so her winning is good in my book. Thank you for the fun countdown, @Jeigz!

1 person likes this

On 05/12/2019 at 0:23 AM, Twisted Bliss said:

Her Smackdown era really helped me stop sleeping on her.

this was the era that made me stop liking her bc it was so good that when she became face again and did everything i used to love about her i was so bored dfgdkjgdf

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, shumiley said:

this was the era that made me stop liking her bc it was so good that when she became face again and did everything i used to love about her i was so bored dfgdkjgdf

Bring back heel Nattie. :stephen:

2 people like this

ok i finally read through the whole thing this time and i just wanted to say that without brie nikki wouldn't be who she is so them being ranked together was deserved! but the two of them being outranked by somebody whose only career accomplishments are within the last year or so is so ugly. the twitter fandom would not have let this happen

V52WoF1.gif

1 person likes this

I'm so mad I missed this :rot: I've been working the whole weekend, and the only thing I was able to do Saturday was falling asleep to work again Sunday djdjdkdjdkddj

This said, I am shocked with the results. I expected Bellas to rank higher, Carmella making it, Gail and Mickie in lower positions... The winner is not that big of a surprise, but she deserves, as much as I hate to admit it.

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

And finally, thank you so much @Jeigz for all the work you have put into this. The countdown has been a pleasure to watch, and you came up with the most objective vothing method for a contest like this (which wasn't easy taking into account how annoying we all are). As I told you, I am so happy to have helped you, and I hope we can do it again! :hug:

4 people like this

On 12/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, Jeigz said:

deXzVe9.png
Total Score: 211.125
Number of Lists: 24

Gone but not forgotten—by any means—AJ Lee arguably provided the blueprint for what women could be and are today in the WWE. Beginning the 2010s as a rookie on NXT season 3, AJ remained relatively silent as a babyface into 2011, teaming intermittently with Kaitlyn in mostly losing efforts. Things turned around when she was paired with Daniel Bryan in an on-screen romance, though. After a pre-match kiss cost him the World Heavyweight Title in record time at Wrestlemania XVIII, AJ began to show signs of mental instability—a trope which always goes over well with fans, but was only amplified by AJ’s general likability to wrestling fans. The romantic angle continued with her taking aim at Kane, CM Punk, and John Cena, memorably appearing in several main event spots, which was unheard of for women during this time. After a brief stint as Raw’s General Manager and allying herself with Dolph Ziggler and Big E, AJ finally became a full-time competitor, immediately making a splash as a villainess and defeating ex-best friend Kaitlyn in June 2013 to become the Divas Champion, a reign that would last over 200 days, echoes of which are still felt today. AJ’s alternative look and persona—kind of a comic geek turned spurned lover turned black widow—resonated much more with the typical WWE viewer than the generic “Diva” characters that were being showcased on the new Total Divas. On August 26, 2013, AJ interrupted a match to drop what may be the most famous women’s promo of the entire decade, vowing her supremacy and promising to beat every member of Total Divas’ cast—which she did. AJ’s unbeatable reign went well into 2014, with her again beating every single Diva in the division at Wrestlemania XXX. After losing the title to Paige the next night, AJ took some time off, but returned later in the year surprisingly, trading the belt with Paige to become a 3-time total Divas Champion before feuding with the Bellas once again, eventually retiring after Wrestlemania 31.

Without the oppositional stance AJ Lee presented in the early part of the decade, it’s arguable that there may never have been a Women’s Revolution. Though she missed the entire angle, the whole thing had her impact all over it, and probably would have benefitted from it. AJ was a main eventer without being an active competitor, and then once she returned to the ring, her charisma allowed her to shine and cement herself with one of the best Championship reigns of the decade. AJ’s alternative approach, relatable backstory, and irreverent attitude make her an inimitable force that shaped the path for the women who followed her in professional wrestling.

I'm always torn on AJ. On the one hand, I get what she was trying to be, bring a different flavor to the division when it was all models with Barbie bodies. As someone who is unconventional (Lita is my fav of all time) I appreciate that. But on the other hand she always shamed the other women. She was definitely a really good, fast wrestler when she was coming up from FCW but her last few matches on the roster were pretty lame, imo. But I have to give credit where credit is due, she fought to be seen as a wrestler and tried to support the up and coming women from NXT. W/O her impact, who knows if the women's revolution would have hit like it did. 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Jeigz said:

viMrf7s.png 
Total Score: 251.25
Number of Lists: 29

Do I need to say anything? The Queen, Charlotte Flair, takes her throne as our Diva of the Decade. Charlotte has been unstoppable since her NXT debut in 2013, debuting with her father Ric in her corner and quickly raising in the ranks in the developmental brand. She captured the NXT Women’s Title in 2014 thanks to a huge career-making rub from Natalya, and debuted on the Main Roster the following year in the Women’s Revolution angle. Swiftly raising to the top once again, Charlotte dethroned Nikki Bella later that year, and by 2016 was a Wrestlemania headliner alongside fellow Four Horsewomen Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks. Charlotte won their match, fittingly becoming the inaugural Women’s Champion of a new era. A combined 11-time women’s champion, Charlotte has competed in more first-ever matches than any other woman, winning most of them and even maintaining a bit of an undefeated streak on pay-per-view in 2016. Her feud with Sasha Banks, of course, remains in our minds, as does her notorious defeat over Asuka at Wrestlemania 34, ending her 900+ day undefeated streak. It becomes almost redundant listing Charlotte’s accolades, but let’s not discredit her either. She has been handed a lot thus far in her short career, but it takes someone with the aura and the ability of a Queen to be able to take the praise, the derision, and still come out on top. Charlotte is the first woman to headline a pay-per-view, is likely the reason for ‘Mania 35’s women’s Main Event, and her record-breaking accomplishments provide hope that other women can reach such feats. Love or hate her, Charlotte Flair has ruled the 2010s in women’s wrestling.

Image result for charlotte flair you're welcome gif

Charlotte is really THAT BITCH! She's such a pedigree. She came from having no experience at all when she was training/wrestling in NXT to really being able to bring out the best of herself and her matches when she's in big matches. DESERVED, PERIODT!

On 12/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, Jeigz said:

DlSyLsw.png 
Total Score: 202.25
Number of Lists: 25

Becky Lynch has blown up in unpredictable ways over the last two years. Debuting in NXT in 2014, Becky was an impressive in-ring talent, but didn’t see much success, notably being the only member of the Four Horsewomen not to hold the NXT Women’s Championship. After being called up during 2015’s Women’s Revolution, she quickly became a fan favorite thanks to her natural likability and charisma. She unsuccessfully challenged for the Women’s and Divas Championships in early 2016 before being chose as the first female draft pick for the SmackDown Live brand, hinting at the status she’d enjoy as the brand’s top face and—eventually—first SmackDown Women’s Champion. Despite a disappointing reign, Becky remained a fan favorite and perennial title challenger, laying low and participating in the inaugural Money in the Bank Ladder Match and Royal Rumble before garnering enough momentum to reenter the title scene in 2018, beginning a long feud with Charlotte Flair which saw her win her second SmackDown title, compete in a Last Woman Standing Match, and emblazon herself “The Man”—an adage only helped by a misfired punch that saw a bloodied Lynch somehow skyrocket to the top of WWE. Following a loss at TLC, Becky was the “surprise” winner of the 2019 Royal Rumble, which saw her head to Wrestlemania to face Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women’s Championship; Charlotte was later added to the match, making it a double title match and the first women’s Main Event in ‘Mania history. Becky walked away victorious, becoming the first woman to concurrently hold both Women’s Championships. She has held on to the Raw belt since, and remains the face of WWE, though her success is still so recent that it’s hard to gauge exactly how her legacy will be seen in the future. Regardless, Becky’s natural charisma and in-ring acumen helped her ascend to the highest status a woman has ever seen in WWE, and that’s something we cannot ignore.

I'm kinda shocked at this! OMG. nnnn, i didn't even place her because her rise has really happened in like 3 years, not over 10. As much as I love Becky, she could have ranked lower. 

Image result for becky lynch shrugging

On 12/7/2019 at 7:17 PM, Jeigz said:

XVZl2Z9.png
Total Score: 193.125
Number of Lists: 22

The Bella Twins have long been polarizing members of the women’s wrestling scene, but their impact is undeniable – as evidenced by the fact that they’ve earned the highest scores for Impact and Overall despite almost 1/3 of the voters excluding them from their lists. We need not discuss the Bellas’ original run in WWE, though it did earn both women Divas Champion reigns; when they returned to the ring in 2013, who could have imagined the changes they would make to the industry as a whole? The stars of the debuting Total Divas, the duo feuded with their fellow castmates and the rest of the Divas until they split briefly and Brie got to take the spotlight, feuding with Stephanie McMahon as an extension of her real-life husband’s feud with the Authority and having a headlining match with the Chief Brand Officer at Summerslam 2014, which also saw Nikki turn heel on her sister. The tension was short-lived, as Brie helped Nikki begin what would become the longest Divas Championship reign of all-time when she defeated AJ Lee at Survivor Series of the same year. This feud continued well into 2015, including a memorable ‘Mania 31 match, the formation of Team Bella, and the Women’s Revolution angle that saw the model-archetype Bella Twins go up credibly against “legitimate” NXT-bred competition in Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Sasha Banks. Though Nikki eventually lost her title to Charlotte and left to nurse a serious neck injury, she is synonymous with the butterfly-emblazoned title and its legacy. Brie got her official sendoff as a full-time talent the following Wrestlemania, but Nikki was not done—in 2016 and early 2017 she ruled as one of SmackDown Live’s top talents, having feuds with Carmella, Natalya, and Maryse before once again leaving due to injury. This isn’t to say the Bellas were done, though. In 2016, the twins debuted their standalone reality program Total Bellas, which has since eclipsed its parent show thanks to their popularity, and the two are successful entrepreneurs. The Bellas seemingly had their final sendoff after impressive showings first in the 2018 women’s Royal Rumble and then again at the Evolution pay-per-view: Nikki challenged the unbeatable Ronda Rousey in the event’s Main Event, cementing her status as a top woman and as a credible competitor.

What is amazing about what Nikki and Brie have contributed to the 2010s is perhaps not their in-ring ability or memorable matches, but instead in the incredible success they have been able to achieve outside of the professional wrestling bubble. The two are legitimate media stars who have transcended the industry in a way that we have never seen women do before. Regardless of where they began in the WWE, they worked their way to the top and have stayed there since, even when they return intermittently and rule the roost again. The Bellas may have been one of the driving forces in the split between “Smart, Sexy, Powerful” Divas and full-fledged women Superstars, but let’s be clear: they have always been a member of both categories, and it can be argued that they were leading the charge towards the impressive changes we’ve seen over the last decade.

AHHHH, YAY! These girls grew on me as they evolved during the whole "women's/divas evolution." Before Nikki had to retire she was really putting on the best matches of her career. Total Bellas, I enjoyed the first season while Nikki was recuperating, I'm a little bit behind on current seasons. We were robbed of a Bellas tag title run, feel like pure shit, just want them back!

Image result for bella twins crying gif

On 12/7/2019 at 7:36 PM, Jeigz said:

lTtskDF.png 
Total Score: 196.5
Number of Lists: 23

Allow me-a to introduce Sasha Banks, the Boss, as the first member of our top five women. Debuting in NXT in 2012, Sasha had a quick rise to prominence thanks to a slightly-different-than-cookie-cutter alliance with Summer Rae and Charlotte (& then Becky Lynch) and a well-developed character that earned her the NXT Women’s Championship in early 2015. From their, her career skyrocketed: she feuded with Bayley and the two competed in one of the greatest women’s matches of all time, the first women’s 30-minute Iron Man at NXT Takeover: Respect. Banks, of course, was brought up in the Women’s Revolution angle to compliment Tamina and Naomi as Team B.A.D., becoming an immediate fan-favorite despite being left out of title contention. That all changed in 2016, though. Sasha competed in the memorable Wrestlemania 32 triple threat to crown the newly-unveiled Women’s Champion, a title which she would finally capture and trade back and forth with Charlotte Flair all through 2016. The two’s feud spanned several months, numerous title changes, and several first-ever matches, including what may now be Sasha’s signature gimmick match, the Hell in a Cell. Sasha unfortunately came out looking weaker after each run-in with Charlotte, and though she always remained a contender she has still never successfully defended a singles championship on the main roster. After a fourth Raw Women’s Championship in 2017, Sasha was left out of the title scene but remained a key player in the first women’s Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber. In late 2018, she and former rival and real-life best friend Bayley began petitioning for Women’s Tag Team Championships, which they were able to make history and capture at 2019’s Elimination Chamber. After a disappointingly short reign, Sasha took a break from WWE, and has since returned with a new villainous persona that calls back to her NXT days, complete with an updated look.

Without Sasha Banks, there wouldn’t be a lot of other women who look as credible as they do (read: Charlotte), and that’s a testament to her talent and skill. Sasha is without a doubt one of the best workers in the WWE today, male or female, and her combined 6 championships serve as good evidence for that, regardless of the length or memorability of the individual reigns. Sasha’s presence in so many history-making matches and arguably the GOAT women’s wrestling match will only keep her legacy alive in the coming years.

Sasha is truly the GOAT. She can make or break a match, she can bring out the best in her opponents. Her face character may be stale af, but when she's her Boss persona, she's amazing. 

3 people like this

Was there ever any doubt that Godlotte was going to win this countdown, after having every accomplishment handed to her on a silver platter?

Gail and (especially) Mickie ranking as high as they did is... a surprise. Can't say it's exactly undeserved, but still

Image result for bella twins crying gif

1 person likes this

Thank you also for the countdown, Jeigz! The graphics easily blew mine away, and you did the girls justice with that level of description when it came to their reveals :clap:

2 people like this

Y'all better step the hell off Gail's neck. Her spine is already shattered from creating and carrying the Knockouts since their inception.

3 people like this

a month into 2020 and we might already need to redact some of these results 

nXw2pes.gif

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

a month into 2020 and we might already need to redact some of these results 

nXw2pes.gif

AJ the rightful winner

5e052cf7a1fa3_Pablogift3.gif.013a89460ba

2 people like this