Mariah.

Watchmen | Airs Sundays at 9 PM EST on HBO

9 posts in this topic

J3YU3R4.png

Watchmen is an American superhero drama television series, based on the DC Comics limited series of the same name created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. The TV series is created by Damon Lindelof for HBO, with Lindelof serving as executive producer and writer. Its ensemble cast includes Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Andrew Howard, Jacob Ming-Trent, Tom Mison, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, Louis Gossett Jr., Jeremy Irons, and Jean Smart.

Lindelof likened the television series to a "remix" of the DC limited series; while a sequel taking place 34 years after the events of the DC limited series within the same alternate reality, Lindelof wanted to introduce new characters and conflicts that create a new story within the Watchmen continuity, rather than creating a reboot. The series focuses on events surrounding racial tensions in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 2019. The white supremacist group the Seventh Kavalry has turned on the police over racial justice. The police conceal their identities with masks and allow masked vigilantes to join their ranks. Detective Angela Abar (King), a vigilante known as Sister Night, investigates the murder of her friend and superior Chief Judd Crawford (Johnson) and comes to discover many more secrets regarding the situations around vigilantism. In addition to new characters, the show features characters from the limited series, including Doctor Manhattan, Silk Spectre, and Ozymandias.

The series premiered on October 20, 2019, with the first season consisting of nine episodes.

Wikipedia

Image result for hbo watchmen banner

Is anyone peeping yet? I've heard and read nothing but amazing things, especially regarding its takes on race, so I'm about to get into it and report. Regina keeps winning :shook: 

I wanna watch for Rhonda from A Cinderella Story

un0oqja.gif

2 people like this

Will watch when I finish my shows. Hopefully someone in the cast can top Patrick Wilson's ass in the movie 

un0oqja.gif

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Amlex said:

Will watch when I finish my shows. Hopefully someone in the cast can top Patrick Wilson's ass in the movie 

un0oqja.gif

Patrick Wilson is truly one of my favorite white old men, they don't make them like him often.

I don't really have any shows right now since my list just keeps piling and it doesn't seem like it's getting any smaller, so lemme clean the slate and start here.

un0oqja.gif

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

I wanna watch for Rhonda from A Cinderella Story

un0oqja.gif

This was my line and now I have no sassy comment to give.
un0oqja.gif

My brother is watching since he read the comics and stans the movie but I haven't gotten around to it yet due to my schedule being full with like 8 shows all releasing at once :sasha:

2 people like this

14 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

Do you need to see the movie first?

Apparently it's based on the graphic novel continuity, not the movie. And there's some winks and nods, but it seems to be telling its own story for the most part. I just finished the first episode and it's a fucking slay :shook: 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Apparently it's based on the graphic novel continuity, not the movie. And there's some winks and nods, but it seems to be telling its own story for the most part. I just finished the first episode and it's a fucking slay :shook: 

nnn my brother has read the comics (it was a coincidence he did it just before the show aired since he had no idea about it til I told him) but so far from what he has told me it seems to just be its own thing. Which pretty much just means that yeah you can watch it without really knowing anything about them dasasd :sasha:

2 people like this