kieranr

Sasha Banks

857 posts in this topic

S A S H A   B A N K S

DxI1c8Y.png

----- -----

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_askse02u80wk

BIOGRAPHY

Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE under the ring name Sasha Banks, where she is the current WWE Women's Champion in her first reign and a former NXT Women's Champion, performing on the Raw brand.

Kaestner-Varnado was born in Fairfield, California, and later moved to various places, including Minnesota, to find schools and hospitals for her disabled brother, before settling in Boston, Massachusetts, where she began her wrestling career. She went to school online, and grew up watching All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling. She is of African American and German descent.

Sasha-Banks:-Muscle-nad-Fitness-Hers-201

BASIC INFO

Birthday: January 26, 1992

Height: 5'5

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts

Debut: August 8, 2010

Finisher: Bank Statement

Signature Moves: Bankrupt

Diving Double Knee Drop 

Japanese Arm Drag 

Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors

Entrance Theme:

tumblr_static_57ntrraq4e4gosgo4kc4c4soo.

CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Independent Circuit:

Chaotic Wrestling Women's Champion

IWE Women's Champion

RWC No Limitz Champion

Pro Wrestling Illustrated:

Match of the Year (2015) vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: Respect

Woman of the Year in 2015

Ranked #3 of the top 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2015

Rolling Stone:

Future Diva of the Year in 2015

NXT Match of the Year (2015) vs Baylet at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

Title Feud of the Year, NXT (2015) vs Bayley for the NXT Women's Championship

WWE:

NXT Women's Champion

WWE Women's Champion

NXT Match of the Year (2015) vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

Competed in the first ever "Iron-Woman" match in WWE history

First Woman to headline WWE hosted PPV (2015) vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: Respect

Competed in the longest Women's match in WWE history (2015) vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: Respect

tumblr_o7ahi0QwzC1vt2kn1o2_250.gif

The beginning.

Sasha Banks made her televised debut on NXT on December 12, 2012, losing to Paige. Banks' first televised win on NXT was on the January 23, 2013 episode against Alicia Fox. Banks then entered a storyline where she received letters from a secret admirer, who was eventually revealed to be Audrey Marie, who returned and attacked Banks on the February 20 episode of NXT, due to Marie's jealousy of Banks' success. Marie went on to defeat Banks in a match later that episode.Banks' feud with Marie came to an end on the April 3 episode of NXT, when Banks teamed with Paige to defeat Marie and Summer Rae. On the June 19 episode of NXT, Banks competed in the NXT Women's Championship tournament to determine the inaugural champion, but lost to Summer Rae in the first round.

tumblr_mx9og7Wmm11rnux1so1_250.gif tumblr_mx9og7Wmm11rnux1so5_250.gif  

A Boss is born.

After weeks of influence by Summer Rae to make herself relevant, Banks was defeated by the NXT Women's Champion Paige on the September 11 episode of NXT. After the match, Paige attempted to console Banks, leading to Banks attacking Paige. Two weeks later, Banks defeated Bayley, while accompanied by Rae. After the match, Banks cut a promo with Rae and debuted a new gimmick as "The Boss". Banks and Rae, who dubbed themselves the BFFs (Beautiful, Fierce Females), faced Paige and Emma on the October 16 episode of NXT, where they emerged victorious. On the November 13 episode of NXT, the BFFs defeated Bayley and Charlotte in a tag team match, when Charlotte attacked Bayley and aligned herself with Banks and Rae. On the July 3 episode of NXT, Banks and Charlotte defeated Bayley and Becky Lynch. After the match, Charlotte left Banks to be attacked by Bayley, with Banks later disbanding the BFFs in a backstage segment.

tumblr_njo9wlP4bl1rl2kmmo9_250.gif tumblr_njo9wlP4bl1rl2kmmo10_r5_250.gif

Reign of Terror.

On February 11, at NXT TakeOver: Rival, Banks won the NXT Women's Championship by pinning Charlotte in a fatal four-way match that also involved Lynch and Bayley. Banks successfully retained her championship against Charlotte in a rematch on the March 4 episode of NXT, and against Alexa Bliss on March 25. At NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable on May 20, Banks defended and retained the title against Becky Lynch. On the July 8 episode of NXT, Banks teamed with Charlotte to defeat Emma and Dana Brooke. After the match, Charlotte challenged Banks to an NXT Women's Championship match, which Banks accepted. They had their championship match the following week on the July 15 episode of NXT, in which Banks retained the championship. Afterwards, the two shared a hug and Charlotte raised Banks's hand as a sign of respect.

tumblr_nvze8jKZK31rd2v8mo3_500.png

Farewell.

At NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, Banks lost the NXT Women's Championship to Bayley, ending her reign at 192 days. After the match, Banks celebrated with Bayley and former rivals Becky Lynch and Charlotte.The match was highly praised by critics, and would win Match of the Year at the NXT Year-End Awards. On the September 16 episode of NXT, General Manager William Regal announced that Bayley would defend the title against Banks in the main event of NXT TakeOver: Respect, in the first ever women's 30–minute Iron Man match in WWE history. At the event on October 7, Bayley defeated Banks, scoring the win with 3 falls to 2, in what would be her last match in NXT.

tumblr_nt9bjm3pn41u5adeso1_400.pngtumblr_nvs4vaKZso1u5adeso1_400.png

Raw debut/Team BAD.

Banks made her official debut on the July 13, 2015 episode of Raw along with Charlotte and Becky Lynch, after Stephanie McMahon called for a "revolution" in the WWE Divas division. Banks would ally with Naomi and Tamina, who later dubbed themselves as Team B.A.D. (Beautiful and Dangerous), leading to a brawl between the three teams. Banks started a winning streak, defeating the likes of Brie Bella Alicia Fox, and Becky Lynch.

tumblr_o8u2s03bEh1vsphnjo1_400.giftumblr_o2avbr0biu1rmv1vdo4_400.gif

Singles Competition.

Prior to a match with Lynch on the February 1 episode of Raw, Banks claimed that she was "on her own", signaling that she had moved on from Team B.A.D., only to be attacked by Naomi and Tamina during the match, turning Banks into a fan favorite in the process. The feud between Banks and Naomi and Tamina would continue throughout February, and would lead to a tag team match at Fastlane on February 21, where Banks allied with Lynch to defeat the two. Banks and Lynch went on to compete in two matches to determine the number one contender for Charlotte's WWE Divas Championship at WrestleMania 32, with the first bout ending as a no contest, after a double pin occurred, and the second as well, after both Banks and Lynch were attacked by Charlotte. As a result, a triple threat match between Banks, Lynch and Charlotte for the Divas Championship was announced for WrestleMania. At the event, after it was announced during transmission that the Divas Championship would be withdrawn and it would be replaced with the new Women's Championship.

tumblr_oaxcpgyMqC1qaad8ho6_250.gif tumblr_oay7wn9e8y1s7a2azo6_250.gif

New beginnings.

After a hiatus, Banks returned to WWE television in early June, defeating Summer Rae on Main Event,before reigniting her feud with Charlotte over the Women's Championship after an attack along with Paige on the June 20 episode of Raw, this led to a tag team match the following week on the June 27 episode of Raw, where Banks and Paige scored the victory. Followed by multiple attacks and matches between Banks and Dana Brooke, it was announced that they would face off in a tag team match on July 24 at Battleground. At the event, Banks and her mystery partner, Bayley, defeated Charlotte and Brooke.

After being drafted to Raw as part of the 2016 WWE draft which took place on July 19, Banks made her first appearance for the brand on July 25, where she defeated Charlotte to win the WWE Women's Championship for the first time.

FANSITE | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | WWE | WWESHOP

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_63s7rdl83t8o

#SASHAKREW 

Ari M.

Dante.

Diana

Eric

MichaelPsyches

Kieranr

ADABANA

KENT_

Logan Von Erich

Panda

SimplyFoxy

Aycaramba

Black Terminator

Veronica.

Chazzle

MOBethyst

QueenBee

1 person likes this

I'm in love, her smile is everything  :worried:

post-89-13924680252_thumb.jpg

All of these photos of the nxt bunch aren't flattering :uhh:

I'm going to stan for Sasha. I'm going to need her to get to the main roster.  :newspaper:

I need to see more from Sasha to officially stan, but she's been impressive thus far.

I'm going to stan for Sasha. I'm going to need her to get to the main roster.  :newspaper:

Now I'm worried. You seem to be a bit cursed.

iiJjKaC20whLV.gif

Now I'm worried. You seem to be a bit cursed.

iiJjKaC20whLV.gif

More like desperately looking for a new favorite.

tumblr_mizc5kq4Cp1rti7f8o2_250.gif

What happened with Summer?  :laugh2:

A shame they drop like flies. We'll all pray for you and Sasha, muffin.

What happened with Summer?  :laugh2:

I like her. I still don't fully STAN for anybody of this generation. I'm careless right now.

tumblr_miq132zTlo1ri58dto1_250.gif

A shame they drop like flies. We'll all pray for you and Sasha, muffin.

You have to stop. :icant: I only really liked Dani and Eve left with nobody left to stan for. I'm lacking favorites.

tumblr_miq132zTlo1ri58dto1_250.gif

tumblr_mdav1tqpTF1qcr1pgo1_250.gif

My life.

I'm ready to stan.

Meh i don'r really feel her, nor i find her attractive but, i guess i'll have to wait to see if she grows on me

They're so cute.

tumblr_mj3ykidcGs1r4kxs6o1_500.png

Ohh, hi Charlotte!

They're so cute.

tumblr_mj3ykidcGs1r4kxs6o1_500.png

Ohh, hi Charlotte!

:crying2: The new, flawless era.

She still missing it for me. :newspaper: I feel like Summer, Emma, and Paige all are more entertaining than her.

She still missing it for me. :newspaper: I feel like Summer, Audrey, and Paige all are more entertaining than her.

Me Too... :legend:

She still missing it for me. :newspaper: I feel like Summer, Emma, and Paige all are more entertaining than her.

In her defense, she hasn't been given a gimmick like those 3 have.

Sasha is okay to me she doesn't excite me... She's cute though.

Me Too... :legend:

Crying.  I caught the edit.  :lmao: