Jacqulee

Victoria on Chasing Glory

13 posts in this topic

Screen-Shot-2019-09-26-at-2.10.08-AM-900

On “Chasing Glory With Lilian Garcia”, Victoria told a story about asking Vince McMahon if she could bleed during the first ever WWE Women’s Steel Cage Match against Lita and what his response was. She also talks about leaving WWE and signing with TNA. Here are the highlights:

On being told she was going to be wrestling a steel cage match: 

“We thought it was a joke, because Trish and I, hardcore match, street fight, and all these unusual matches, and when they said, ‘Oh, you have a steel cage match tonight,’ I looked at Fit [Finlay] and I go, ‘Shut up,’ and he goes, ‘No, I’m serious.'”

On wanting to bleed in the match: 

“I don’t know if this is pilling the beans too much, but I asked to gig, which means cutting yourself in the forehead, I wanted to bleed, and I went to Vince. Oh, Fit goes, ‘I went to Vince, he said no.’ And I go, let me go talk to him, not that I have pull. So I talked to Vince and he goes, ‘Victoria, I appreciate what you want to do, but nobody wants to see a Diva bleed.’ He goes, ‘No.’ So I told Lita, ‘Throw me as hard as you can in that frickin’ steel cage.’ I go, ‘I’m going to cut myself, myself.’ But I didn’t know how to do it. So she threw me, boom, and you’re supposed to scrape down, but I just went, bump, and I was just like going, let me show my face, I just got a bump. All that frickin’, that was it. And then my outfit too was falling off, my panties were showing, so I was distracted by that, but it’s very flattering to get those unusual matches that we got because they knew we can carry it. It was a pat on the back, if anybody could pull it off.”

On why she decided to leave WWE:

“Because I still loved the business and I didn’t want to be the bitter vet, that leaves going, crapping on them. I wanted to leave still happy and loving what I did. I didn’t know I was going to retire, I never said retire because you never say retire in wrestling. Look at Ric Flair, obviously. When you walk to the cars after the show, the fans are at the cages, the fence, and they want to get their glimpse of the wrestler, and they’re going, ‘Are you serious? I can totally tell you helped that girl in this move.’ They stopped believing in my character. They were like, ‘How did you lose to this.’ I understand what my job was, to get the other girl over as a heel. I would have loved to be a trainer. I wish I would have said could I just train the girls like what Fit Finlay does. But I was like, the fans are not believing this and I was like, walking out back, just ashamed, like I’m going ‘Wow, I’m not giving my all, this is not me.’ It was just getting to me and I went to talk to Vince, Johnny Ace, and Stephanie, and said I would like to ask for my release, I have two more years, but I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I really, really was lost, I was like, maybe I need to spend more time with the family, to work on the marriage. I didn’t know. Because you’re still a big kid, we’re wrestling, you’re a big kid out there getting to play. And I said, ‘I want to leave loving the business, and I still love it,’ and Vince says, ‘Anything you want. Is there anything we can do for you?’ And I said, ‘Just one last match,’ and it was with Michelle McCool, and I remember her pinning me, and her saying ‘I love you.’ And that’s what closed the door. And then coming backstage, the most awesome standing ovation from all the boys and all the agents and stuff like that. It’s like, ‘Oh my God, they watched.’ I was kind of a little surprised. But it was time. I really did, I was like, happy with my decision, I wasn’t bitter. I still loved wrestling, do you know what I mean? You don’t want to get fired, it’s always awful, getting released, something like that, because then you’re gonna be bitter. And I felt like I did what I did, I gave my all, I didn’t care who I lost to, but when the fans start shitting on me, it’s not a good feeling. They’re going, ‘Oh my God, why’d you turn good guy.’ And I’m like, ‘Wasn’t my decision.'”

On why she signed with TNA:

“It was on my 90 day no compete clause with WWE, the day of that, Red Rooster, Terry Taylor, called me and they wanted me to come to TNA, and I had been watching TNA because Gail Kim is a good friend of mine. They were having kick-ass, killer matches, girls were main-eventing, and it was like, they were not all super skinny and stuff like that, they were just unusual looking. And I was like, ‘Wow, I never wrestled any of those girls.’ So I was kind of intrigued by it. It wasn’t shitting on WWE, it was just another opportunity. I went there, half the pay, way less than half the pay that I was getting in WWE. It wasn’t for money, it wasn’t for ego. I still loved wrestling. And I was like, ‘Oh, there’s ODB, there’s Awesome Kong, there’s the Beautiful People, Daffney,’ and I was like, I’ve never wrestled these girls. So it was just another place to do what I love, was wrestling. It wasn’t out of my system. I just didn’t like the company. I didn’t like the girl that ran it. The girls were amazing, the talent was amazing, pay sucked, catering was like, ‘Oh my God.’ Shepherd’s Pie was one of the days. And then Taco Tuesday was one of the days. And I’m like, ‘Do you guys realize what we have to wear out there? And you’re feeding us this crap? It’s going to get us sick, and it’s fattening, and we have to wear skimpy outfits.’ The talent was amazing, but, WWE, it’s where it’s at.”

You can listen to the podcast here:  https://411mania.com/wrestling/victoria-vince-mcmahon-bleed-cage-match/

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, taleman2004 said:

Okay... But can she tell us why WWE deleted her number?

The only unconfirmed rumors I’ve seen are 1) a falling out with an executive and 2) Nikki Bella blacklisted her because she tried to get with Cena when they were together. I guess we’ll never know but imagine the mess from the latter.

ePm2p6m.gif

3 people like this

I'm screaming at her trying to be on wwe's good side in the last part 

ePm2p6m.gif

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

The only unconfirmed rumors I’ve seen are 1) a falling out with an executive and 2) Nikki Bella blacklisted her because she tried to get with Cena when they were together. I guess we’ll never know but imagine the mess from the latter.

ePm2p6m.gif

You have a wild imagination.

4 people like this

she talked about the steel cage thing with the ring the belle interview so im disappointed we didnt get that many new stories, i guess theres not much left to dig up from the past lol

3 hours ago, taleman2004 said:

Okay... But can she tell us why WWE deleted her number?

She mentions in the interview that she doesn't know exactly why, but thinks it might have been due to a tweet. She tried to get backstage at a show to say hi and was told that she wasn't allowed back there, so she tweeted about it afterward.

her shitting on dixie but praising wwe like both didn't screw her over :fan:

She really deserves more and it can't be said enough. Not Vince going from "Anything you want. Is there anything we can do for you?" to "Never met her a day in my life." SOMETHING went down, and I feel it in my gut that it's the most minor, petty shit too.

Side Note: Ms. Jacqulee is on a roll. News Anchor correspondent fish.

3 people like this

TNA paying their girls peanuts and feeding them roadkill then wondering why they all dip after two months :rot: sis REALLY wants WWE to @ her...

As much as it seems like WWE detests her for whatever reason, I do feel like maybe they’ll improve relations. I remember I thought Melina would never get mentioned again but then she returned at Raw Reunion. That’s unless if things between WWE and Victoria are super serious.

4 hours ago, Tamina’s ligaments said:

As much as it seems like WWE detests her for whatever reason, I do feel like maybe they’ll improve relations. I remember I thought Melina would never get mentioned again but then she returned at Raw Reunion. That’s unless if things between WWE and Victoria are super serious.

I know she was invited as Torrie's guest but she was at HOF this year and they showed her on camera a lot. I trust and believe she'll be inducted herself within the next few years.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

I know she was invited as Torrie's guest but she was at HOF this year and they showed her on camera a lot. I trust and believe she'll be inducted herself within the next few years.

We can only hope. She deserves it.