Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Report: WWE 2K21 budget being slashed, exodus at Visual Concepts

16 posts in this topic

Since WWE 2K20 was released on October 22nd, the game has been filled with game-breaking bugs and glitches. Video game reviewers have also noted that the game looks and plays worse than WWE 2K19. This has all contributed to poor sales for this year’s iteration.

Things have seemingly gone from bad to worse for Visual Concepts. According to Justin Leeper, a former writer on the SmackDown vs. Raw series, at least 10 developers have left the company.

He said: “I’ve heard about double digit numbers of people on the team who quit. They haven’t quit for other stuff. They just quit because it’s like, “Man, I don’t want this stink on me anymore. I don’t care what I’m doing. I’m leaving. I’m taking my stuff and going.”

Leeper also explained that the budget for WWE 2K21 is going to be cut, making the funds available for next year’s release even less. He elaborated: “2K20 is selling poorly. It’s doing poorly all around, and that means that the budget is going to be cut. It means that 2K21 is going to have to be made with much less money. Which means less money to fix things, less money to innovate, and now there’s about 10 less people on the team. So as you can tell, the outlook for 2K21 isn’t very good either.”

https://cultaholic.com/news/report-wwe-2k21-budget-to-be-slashed-developers-leaving-visual-concepts/

oh my

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

just as we were starting to get women's my career mode storylines, maybe incels won after all

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

The guy they're getting their sources from hasn't worked on the game since THQ. He's just saying this to get views (previous claims he made has been proven false) . Plus Cultaholic doesn't know shit about the video games industry. 

I wouldn't be mad if we got new developers though. Visual Concepts sucks ass!

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

2 people like this

whether or not it's true, there needs to be either a different option or they need to hand the rights over to someone else. when you compare most of the 2k properties to WWE, the differences in the product are alarming. it's not a priority for them, it really never has been, and it's only going to go downhill with the sour taste they left in everyone's mouth this year.

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

2 people like this

hope it's true, they deserve to crash and burn

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

1 person likes this

It's what they deserve.

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

1 person likes this

good, now I don't need to buy a ps5

evetruck.gif

This PS4 to PS5 transition year was always going to be bleak.

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

The guy they're getting their sources from hasn't worked on the game since THQ.

Might be, but to be honest I'd rather play SvR 2006 than 2kMess any day 

1 person likes this

That Twitter/Youtube gamer community backlash + the bad press from previews must be something.

2K19 is definitely gaining more shelf life off of this bomb.

Good, teaches them that they should work on the material more thoroughly than shilling out half-finished games.

People should get Fire Pro Wrestling World instead. I know I've mentioned it several times before, but so much more customization and excitement than any WWE game I've played since the PS2 days.

The news and it's questionable accuracy is one thing.

But it's hysterical that they're mad that they released trash and it's selling like trash. Do they really think that low of us to think that shit would've just flew? Foh.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Bruno. said:

just as we were starting to get women's my career mode storylines, maybe incels won after all

ibs6i4p3eyx7a6xpjjp.gif

Scream, this whole thing makes me kinda sad. Like, of course they completely fuck up the WWE2K version that has the women's showcase, nnnnnnnnn.

Image result for alexa bliss pissed gif

I'm tired, they need to just release versions of this game every few years and just release updates to the roster every now and then for whatever current version is out. 

I'm still dead at all the glitches coming out tho.

Image result for sasha banks yikes gif

1 person likes this