Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Health + Fitness Discussion Thread

32 posts in this topic

This is the thread for Heartbreakers to discuss weight loss and gains, diet tips, exercise routines, achievements, and all things related to fitness and health.  

Any goals for the next decade? Discuss x

eoHlO7x.gif

4 people like this

I'm skinny and have been told on several occasions I have a nice ass. I want a tighter tummy tho and think I could be thiccer, but lack the gym discipline

eoHlO7x.gif

2 people like this

Save the thirst traps and post recipes. I can’t fucking cook

b47cf5c2-3def-472d-912d-9929f8a77d21

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I'm skinny and have been told on several occasions I have a nice ass. I want a tighter tummy tho and think I could be thiccer, but lack the gym discipline

eoHlO7x.gif

Start doing HIIT workouts. That got my stomach and endurance all the way together. 

eoHlO7x.gif

1 person likes this

I strongly encourage swimming laps as an exercise. It’s very good for both your heart and lungs and builds up muscle. In addition to that it’s very therapeutic. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Cooksie said:

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cranberry-goat-cheese-white-bean-kale-salad

I've made this several times. Super easy, takes less than 15 minutes start to finish, and reheats well for leftovers.

https://damndelicious.net/

I've made tons of stuff from this site.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

eoHlO7x.gif

Lift heavy. If you're already skinny, cardio shouldn't be a main focus, especially if you're wanting to add size. If you lift heavy, it'll help you build muscle, but you'll also continue to burn calories throughout the day so if you add cardio to that, you'll burn more and it'll be harder to put on that muscle. And if you don't like going to the gym, just get you some free weights for home. There's tons of youtube videos out there for at home workouts. I did a leg one the other day without using any weight and I was still sore the next day.

5 people like this

I cut back on my dairy consumption while I work on my 2020 body, and it seems to have made the biggest difference. I'm trying to focus on my traps cause it seems to be my biggest trouble area right now, but overall I feel this is the best I have ever looked. 

Spoiler

5 people like this

Loving this thread already and I always get motivated to workout when I see my sis @Twisted Bliss's stories.

I love lifting and cardio has even grown on me but I need to start meal planning and prepping so I guess I'll make that a goal for 2020. Who wants to be my accountability coach and accost me out when I don't go to the gym? Shouldn't be too hard to find on this forum.

eoHlO7x.gif

4 people like this

my goal is to get my lazy ass to the gym next decade, so far I only do once a week workout exercise at home just to get thiccker azz

eoHlO7x.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Loving this thread already and I always get motivated to workout when I see my sis @Twisted Bliss's stories.

I love lifting and cardio has even grown on me but I need to start meal planning and prepping so I guess I'll make that a goal for 2020. Who wants to be my accountability coach and accost me out when I don't go to the gym? Shouldn't be too hard to find on this forum.

eoHlO7x.gif

Thank you king :shook: im getting there slowly.

1 person likes this

I'm always shook when I'm sore the next day from just doing body weight exercises! 

Here are a few of my fav youtuber trainers. I've seen the most progress by doing different routines by Rebecca Louise and I swear by Yoga with Adriene :heart::

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0AqmA_3DGPFCu5qY0LLSg

https://www.youtube.com/user/PahlaB1/featured

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJwWYOfsCfz6PjxbONYXSg

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

I always try to remind myself when I'm having an off day or week that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. Find some routine or activity you enjoy and make it a habit, the rest can stem from there. 

4 people like this

16 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

I'm always shook when I'm sore the next day from just doing body weight exercises! 

Here are a few of my fav youtuber trainers. I've seen the most progress by doing different routines by Rebecca Louise and I swear by Yoga with Adriene :heart::

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0AqmA_3DGPFCu5qY0LLSg

https://www.youtube.com/user/PahlaB1/featured

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJwWYOfsCfz6PjxbONYXSg

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

I always try to remind myself when I'm having an off day or week that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. Find some routine or activity you enjoy and make it a habit, the rest can stem from there. 

I’ll check these out I’m trying to get back in yoga.

1 person likes this

Cocaine helps my metabolism.

Along with a steady diet and lots of cardio. I haven't been to the gym since my vacay but I hope to get back into it 2020 and start lifting again, my pecs were finally starting to come in :rot: 

I can literally live off of potatoes, veggies, and chicken. I usually meal prep that for 4 days a week since I work long days and don't get tired of it since I spice and season things up (not too much with the oil).

eoHlO7x.gif

4 people like this

45 minutes ago, Travis said:

Cocaine helps my metabolism.

eoHlO7x.gif

Can’t wait to tone up all the bulking I’ve done this season. 

eoHlO7x.gif

6 people like this

20 hours ago, Cooksie said:

Every diet should be high in protein, so protein pasta should be your best friend then, and also chicken breasts(the best meat on a diet since it’s high protein, no fat, no carb and low calorie). My favorite thing to meal prep is chicken alfredo. It’s very easy and super cheap. Here’s a quick recipe

Boil the pasta, slice your chicken into strips(most people undercook their chicken, so strips is an easy way to ensure it’s cooked all the way through), put it in a bowl and season it (I really like garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and parsley) and coat it with a little bit of olive oil if you want it really juicy, then stir it so everything’s evenly coated. Heat a pan to a medium low heat and spray it with non-stick spray then just cook your chicken and keep tossing it around. Once both your chicken and pasta are done cooking set everything aside and get your food scale(I strongly recommend everyone gets one, you must track your food if you want to see progress in your body) I then put my meal prep containers on the scale and weigh the food(look at the back of the pasta and follow the serving size.) once I have everything in their containers I just pour a little bit of alfredo sauce onto them. Surprisingly alfredo sauce isn’t too high calorie! At least if it’s storebought, if it’s homemade I’m sure it’ll be way more calorie dense since there’ll be lots of butter/milk

Another good meal prep idea is making a mock chipotle burrito bowl. 

eoHlO7x.gif

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Layout said:

Every diet should be high in protein, so protein pasta should be your best friend then, and also chicken breasts(the best meat on a diet since it’s high protein, no fat, no carb and low calorie). My favorite thing to meal prep is chicken alfredo. It’s very easy and super cheap. Here’s a quick recipe

Hidden Content

Another good meal prep idea is making a mock chipotle burrito bowl. 

eoHlO7x.gif

@Cooksie oooh! and bison! It has the same kind of macros as chicken breast. I'm a red meat girl, and get sick of chicken, so I switch it up with some bison. It's definitely more expensive, but if you have a red meat issue like me, it's worth it.

PS that sounds effing amazing. will be making!

3 people like this

I need to host a cooking show for you girls apparently

8BIvcNf.gif

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I need to host a cooking show for you girls apparently

8BIvcNf.gif

HB’s Youtube channel expanding with “A Jar of Jeigz” coming in March?

aprU1Lm.gif

4 people like this

On 12/16/2019 at 8:20 PM, Katy said:

Lift heavy. If you're already skinny, cardio shouldn't be a main focus, especially if you're wanting to add size. If you lift heavy, it'll help you build muscle, but you'll also continue to burn calories throughout the day so if you add cardio to that, you'll burn more and it'll be harder to put on that muscle. And if you don't like going to the gym, just get you some free weights for home. There's tons of youtube videos out there for at home workouts. I did a leg one the other day without using any weight and I was still sore the next day.

oops period, thanks queen, i'm about to give the girls a snatched waist

eoHlO7x.gif

2 people like this

Every1 share their tips on how they're staying fit and healthy during this pandemic. My gym closed down due to the virus and I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Before I started going to an actual gym I used to do tons of home workouts, but it feels like such a step-down now that I've gotten a taste of an actual gym, so I've just been like no thanks :dead: 

2CMKu9d.gif

I'm also ngl, in the past it'd kill me when I missed gym sessions. I got injured before and couldn't workout and got super depressed so the fact that I've gone 2 weeks now and have kept my mental composure is surreal :cry:  If any of y'all are losing sanity the way I used to you're in my thoughts:aj4: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Layout said:

Every1 share their tips on how they're staying fit and healthy during this pandemic. My gym closed down due to the virus and I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Before I started going to an actual gym I used to do tons of home workouts, but it feels like such a step-down now that I've gotten a taste of an actual gym, so I've just been like no thanks :dead: 

2CMKu9d.gif

I'm also ngl, in the past it'd kill me when I missed gym sessions. I got injured before and couldn't workout and got super depressed so the fact that I've gone 2 weeks now and have kept my mental composure is surreal :cry:  If any of y'all are losing sanity the way I used to you're in my thoughts:aj4: 

My gym closed as well (rightfully so) and I honestly was on the verge of a panic attack because working out has become a strict part of my daily routine. I go every day and missing even one day gives me anxiety.

I struggle working out at home because I can't find the motivation to really get into it, and I don't have much room either. Since lockdown, I've been fortunate to live close to a trail so I've been running 7 miles every day to help me stay active and allow me to get some fresh air. It's the only thing keeping me from getting depressed :pinfall:

3 people like this