Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Health + Fitness Discussion Thread

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Layout said:

Every1 share their tips on how they're staying fit and healthy during this pandemic. My gym closed down due to the virus and I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Before I started going to an actual gym I used to do tons of home workouts, but it feels like such a step-down now that I've gotten a taste of an actual gym, so I've just been like no thanks :dead: 

2CMKu9d.gif

I'm also ngl, in the past it'd kill me when I missed gym sessions. I got injured before and couldn't workout and got super depressed so the fact that I've gone 2 weeks now and have kept my mental composure is surreal :cry:  If any of y'all are losing sanity the way I used to you're in my thoughts:aj4: 

My living room is a small little gym, so my situation isn’t as bad as others. Get creative though with something fun that keeps your energy going. I’ve basically worked my workouts as a weird CrossFit mix of exercises to eliminate getting bored, but advancing my reps to keep them challenging. I also have dogs that keep me going in between sets when I need a break.

7 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

My gym closed as well (rightfully so) and I honestly was on the verge of a panic attack because working out has become a strict part of my daily routine. I go every day and missing even one day gives me anxiety.

I struggle working out at home because I can't find the motivation to really get into it, and I don't have much room either. Since lockdown, I've been fortunate to live close to a trail so I've been running 7 miles every day to help me stay active and allow me to get some fresh air. It's the only thing keeping me from getting depressed :pinfall:

Find a good podcast that keeps you distracted during your workout, it seems to make you forget your even doing anything.

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

My gym closed as well (rightfully so) and I honestly was on the verge of a panic attack because working out has become a strict part of my daily routine. I go every day and missing even one day gives me anxiety.

I struggle working out at home because I can't find the motivation to really get into it, and I don't have much room either. Since lockdown, I've been fortunate to live close to a trail so I've been running 7 miles every day to help me stay active and allow me to get some fresh air. It's the only thing keeping me from getting depressed :pinfall:

I'm happy you've found a nice alternative :heart:  Exercise is supposed to release endorphins which help better your mood, it definitely helps mine. There's also the saying "When you look good, you feel good" so I hope you're still seeing the results you desire :livlife:  I may do what you're doing, but it's been very rainy here lately. I also have little space as well, but it's best I stop making excuses :dead: 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

My living room is a small little gym, so my situation isn’t as bad as others. Get creative though with something fun that keeps your energy going. I’ve basically worked my workouts as a weird CrossFit mix of exercises to eliminate getting bored, but advancing my reps to keep them challenging. I also have dogs that keep me going in between sets when I need a break.

Find a good podcast that keeps you distracted during your workout, it seems to make you forget your even doing anything.

I'm actually glad I don't have dogs :ahh: I tried a homeworkout before when I was dogsitting and they kept trying to lick me and jump on me whenever I'd do sets :rot:  I also feel bad when I have to lock them away 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Layout said:

I'm actually glad I don't have dogs :ahh: I tried a homeworkout before when I was dogsitting and they kept trying to lick me and jump on me whenever I'd do sets :rot:  I also feel bad when I have to lock them away 

They are definitely a blessing and a curse when it comes to home workouts, when I start hitting my crunches and they basically jump on my stomach midway. :ahh:

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

They are definitely a blessing and a curse when it comes to home workouts, when I start hitting my crunches and they basically jump on my stomach midway. :ahh:

!!! The worst :ahh: LIKE MOVE! I actually got barked at too. Definitely not ideal if you have apartments with neighbors that complain about noise :dying: 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Layout said:

!!! The worst :ahh: LIKE MOVE! I actually got barked at too. Definitely not ideal if you have apartments with neighbors that complain about noise :dying: 

They cuss you out worse than people I swear. 

2 people like this

I could sit at home for days on end and be happy as can be, but not having my gym is KILLING ME. I feel so soft. I've found many workouts on YouTube, but I think the mental block is still there for me. I have 5 and 10 pound dumbbells and a 30 pound kettlebell, but I'm used to lifting heavier so I feel like I'm losing muscle.

AND SO AGREE WITH THE DOGS!!! My wiener dog isn't as bad, but my new rescue is still only 10 months old so she's like OMG YOU'RE JUMPING AND THEN GETTING ON THE GROUND, THEN JUMPING BACK UP, LET'S PLAAAAAY. Get out of my face, Ella!

One of my favorite people on YouTube just released her at home workout, I'm going to be doing it today. I've been doing the Chloe Ting 2 week thing as well just for something to get my heart rate up.

I LOVE her videos. A lot of times before I go to the gym, I'll watch videos of others just to get fresh ideas for new exercises so I'm not getting in a rut. She is by far my favorite. She explains things really well so that you can get the form down correctly. Does anyone else have someone they like watching? I'm always looking for new fitspiration.

1 person likes this