Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Netflix drops ‘Friends’, locals riot

22 posts in this topic

“Friends” is no longer there for you if you’re a Netflixsubscriber in the U.S.: The show winked off the streaming service at the stroke of midnight on Dec. 31, 2019.

Netflix’s un-friending has left the popular ’90s-era sitcom in streaming limbo: “Friends” will not be available to stream in the United States until the spring 2020 launch of WarnerMedia’s HBO Max, which secured exclusive domestic streaming rights to all 236 episodes under a five-year deal estimated to be worth $425 million. Netflix still has “Friends” in territories outside the U.S.

HBO Max is currently slated to debut sometime in May 2020, priced at $14.99 monthly (the same price as HBO Now) for a huge bucket of streaming content including “Friends,” HBO programming, licensed TV shows and movies, and a range of originals.

Until then, the only (legal) way to watch the show in the U.S. is by purchasing the show on DVD or through digital retailers like Amazon, Apple iTunes and Google Play, or via reruns on cable TV — where episodes of “Friends” are airing on TBS and Nickelodeon. Currently, the “Friends” 32-disc complete series collection is the No. 3 best-seller on Amazon (priced at $123.77) among comedies in the DVD category (after the final season of “The Big Bang Theory” and “The Office” complete collection).

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/friends-leaves-netflix-streaming-how-to-watch-1203454610/ 

The locals are MAD

eoHlO7x.gif

ashjksdhfkdhgjkdhgkjdfhgjkhdf, scream. Friends is overrated trash, it's about boring people, with boring basic lives. I am not surprised to see Paige complaining :sasha:

Seinfeld is coming next year, we love a superior 90s comedy

Image result for seinfeld gif

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

ashjksdhfkdhgjkdhgkjdfhgjkhdf, scream. Friends is overrated trash, it's about boring people, with boring basic lives. I am not surprised to see Paige complaining :sasha:

okay i've seen many people compare other comedies to friends claiming they're better and like 90% of the time they're right but.......... seinfeld?

6 people like this

1 minute ago, shumiley said:

okay i've seen many people compare other comedies to friends claiming they're better and like 90% of the time they're right but.......... seinfeld?

ksdjfkdjfdkjgjdkfgk, I'm still in the process of finishing Seinfeld but, it's definitely better than Friends.

Image result for julia louis-dreyfus gif

2 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

ksdjfkdjfdkjgjdkfgk, I'm still in the process of finishing Seinfeld but, it's definitely better than Friends.

Image result for julia louis-dreyfus gif

if you say so by lea michele

1 person likes this

Friends is my shit. So fuck them and I'm not hearing nothing

PlasticHardIcterinewarbler-size_restrict

1 person likes this

It’s very irritating that it’s gone until the spring, but Netflix is lucky they still have The Office.

you can literally find Friends reruns 24/7 on cable but some of y’all can’t pay the bills I guess 

eoHlO7x.gif

10 people like this

4 hours ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Friends is mad corny, I am not surprised whites like Paige and Carmella obsess over it. Living Single was what it was based off, right? That deserves the love Friends got 

3 people like this

27 minutes ago, Layout said:

Friends is mad corny, I am not surprised whites like Paige and Carmella obsess over it. Living Single was what it was based off, right? That deserves the love Friends got 

YESSS, I fucking love Living Single! It's so funny and everyone has a personality, goals, ambitions, it was about something! OMG - the theme song is an iconic bop too!

Image result for living single gif

5 people like this

21 minutes ago, Empress Sam said:

Are they not TIRED of this show yet  :rot:

Truly. Like friends was the shit when it aired but it’s aged so badly. 

Screaming at the Bella Army members loving it though. :terri:

3 people like this

Just buy the fucking dvd if you stan so hard like damn. The fact that this show is old enough that Murder she wrote did a pot shot episode on it and yet the girls still can't let it go
bSXfHwi.gif

4 people like this

Friends is a cute show cause of it's charm, but I wouldn't say it was funny. Phoebe and Joey were the only funny ones, imo.

That said, it's always on TBS and Nick so like... just watch that? Netflix can give us The Nanny :hatnikki:

Stream Happy Endings.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, shumiley said:

You shouldn't be surprised. Seinfeld is widely known as the best sitcom of all time, like it or not.

1 minute ago, Messiah said:

You shouldn't be surprised. Seinfeld is widely known as the best sitcom of all time, like it or not.

only by boomers no offence sis @Charlotte's Weave

3 people like this

well now wtf do I put on for background noise when I want to scroll Insta and not pay attention to the TV????

41 minutes ago, shumiley said:

only by boomers no offence sis @Charlotte's Weave

shdkjsdhfkjshdfjshd, SCREAM. Respect your elders :dead:

Image result for mae young gif

(For the record I'm a millennial)

Image result for sasha looking in mirror gif

1 person likes this

Netflix selection of shows are pretty bland tbh. 

23 hours ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Just buy the fucking dvd if you stan so hard like damn. The fact that this show is old enough that Murder she wrote did a pot shot episode on it and yet the girls still can't let it go
bSXfHwi.gif

i am LIVING for this Murder, She Wrote reference, asjkhdjhkfksjhdfsjhgdjhg :kii:. Can Netflix give us some Jessica Fletcher?!

Image result for jessica fletcher gif

1 person likes this