Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

STARDOM Interested in Kairi Sane & Io Shirai?

19 posts in this topic

Two of the top female WWE Superstars could be on their way out of the company if they choose a money offer from Bushiroad, the parent company of the STARDOM promotion.

As previously noted, Bushiroad director Takaaki Kidani told Tokyo Sports in November that he wants Kairi Sane and Io Shirai back and that a good money offer would be made to them. Bushiroad is putting more money into the promotion and signing Sane and Shirai would be a huge boost for them.

All of this was discussed on Saturday’s Wrestling Observer Radio. Dave Meltzer said Bushiroad wants to offer them a lot of money because the feeling is that they need superstars there.

Another interesting note is that Shirai is engaged to New Japan Pro Wrestling star Evil and Meltzer said that Shirai is not necessarily happy in the United States because she is away from her fiance.

Meltzer pointed out that WWE could pull some strings to tempt her to stay. He said, “Io may be moved to the main roster real quick to keep that from happening because then her pay goes way up because her pay in NXT is nothing special. I heard she was making more money [with STARDOM].” He noted that the STARDOM money was more because of the merchandise sales.

We’ll see what is next for them but what is clear is that Sane and Shirai are in a position to make a lot of money on their next contract. In addition to STARDOM and WWE, I would assume that other companies like AEW and ROH would love to have them and would offer them nice contracts if they are interested.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/two-wwe-stars-being-offered-more-money-to-go-to-another-wrestling-company/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Oooh, I can see that. Hopefully Kairi & Io will stay with WWE though.

The selfish part of me wants them to stay in WWE because they're some of the most entertaining wrestlers they have, but I wouldn't blame them in the slightest if they went back. They'd be in their home country, close to their family and friends, and would be getting paid the same if not better.

The fact Io was getting paid more in Stardom than in the biggest wrestling company in the world :k2:

7 people like this

they can have them!

VO8ZvmC.gif

Io has been killing it in NXT. It would be a shame if she goes back to Japan before getting a main roster run.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well duh, they were their main stars there. And wwe is interested in The Rock :summersmile:

Edited by Amlex
3 people like this

I’m not sure about Kairi but I doubt Io will leave, she left Stardom because she wanted to move to the next level and if she went back she’d just go back to doing the babyface role she was doing before (which I heard she wasn’t much of a fan of). 

2 people like this

They can want them, but they won’t have them. It’s all speculation.  :momkie:

2 people like this

I have no hope for these women on Raw or SD honestly so I wouldn't blame them if they returned. Also, I wouldn't even want them to resign to another 5-year contract considering this shitty ass company treats women who aren't blonde, etc. I do think they will stay though unfortunately I just hope WWE doesn't run them into the ground.

They've already done everything there is to be done in Stardom so I can't see either of them going back. Looks like they'll be winning the HB rumble 2021 too!

1 person likes this

I wouldn't be surprised with Kairi leaving tbh. Idk if Io would leave since WWE was always a dream of hers apparently and she's getting to play a heel rn. She still has another year on her contract though since she was signed a year later.

1 person likes this

I hope this gets Io not only to the main roster, but to a title picture. She really is head and shoulders above all the champs. 

3 people like this

oh maybe that HBRR curse still exists after all :frecklefox:

Part of me wants wwe to squirm but they can have Lo if one of them has to go 

:stephanie:

Posted (edited)

I hope they go back, would love to see them back in Stardom and give a boost to that promotion. That would be huge for them.

I get the feeling Kairi is on her way out anyway.

Edited by Messiah

4 hours ago, Crow. said:

I hope this gets Io not only to the main roster, but to a title picture. She really is head and shoulders above all the champs. 

I think that's one of the things that WWE are going to do to entice her to stay, as the article mentioned. Plus, going off of her blogs, the only problems that Io has is that she doesn't like living in Orlando, which is a problem since while she's in NXT she has to be by the PC. A main roster callup probably solves that problem for her as she'll be able to move elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Crow. said:

She should’ve had the title by now tbh but they put it on that big back girl Rhea cause Triple H had a fetish for amazon looking girls :uhh: 

Io should go. Who the fuck wants to live in Orlando??

Stay away from them.