Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeigz

Mercedes Martinez Signs with WWE?

25 posts in this topic

maxresdefault.jpg

Sources have confirmed that WWE has signed independent wrestler and current AWS Heavyweight Champion Mercedes Martinez to a contract. She is expected to report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL this month.

Martinez, who is widely regarded as one of the top wrestlers on the independents, has previously wrestled for WWE and their NXT brand on several occasions, including taking part in the first two Mae Young Classics. In the inaugural Mae Young Classic, she made it to the semi-finals where she was defeated by Shayna Baszler.

Sources: 12

Nothing official yet of course, but would not be a surprise considering all the other notable indie talents they’ve brought in over the last year.

Posted (edited)

Years late but good! After everyone from the War Game era is called up nxt would be boring and basic, they need someone like her :frecklefox:

Edited by Amlex
2 people like this

She deserves the coin :clap:

1 person likes this

I enjoyed her in the MYC this really seems late, but I’m happy Hunter isn’t sleeping on her anymore.

AEW stupid for not hiring her 🙄but congrats nonetheless! 

1 person likes this

who asked for this

cdqkWfd.gif

1 person likes this

If true, it's such a shame it took them this long to sign her. While she's still a phenomenal wrestler, her peak was 5-10 years ago. She'll be 40 this year, which is a bit late to just start in the WWE. But if anyone could do it, it's her. She's such a well rounder performer, so hopefully they make the most of her abilities and can scoop her as a trainer when she decides to retire.

5 people like this

19 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Everybody being happy except @Gavin

cdqkWfd.gif

don't let them lie on your name @Travis

cdqkWfd.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Blooberry said:

AEW stupid for not hiring her 🙄but congrats nonetheless! 

Yeahhh, I was really hoping Mercedes would go to AEW. AEW's women's division is desperately lacking oomph factor, I know it takes time to build but....there's no one, except maybe kong, that they have to build a division around....

Image result for wwe yikes gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

don't let them lie on your name @Travis

cdqkWfd.gif

get them baby! 

no offense by why are they signing her this late in her career? they could've capitalized off the MYC and signed her around then if they wanted her so badly. she looks like she's pushing 50 even tho she's allegedly the same age as shayna, who looks 48. this signing is just another cheap indy pop, triple h just did this so he can get a few more boy scout badges since she'll put on a 5 star nxt takeover classic for him but realistically speaking, she isn't going to be a draw to the new younger audience/main roster crowd unless you knew about her headlock grapple work in the indias, a mia yim tea.

i'm so sick of nxt, another hen added to the fullsail live event roster. they have like 40 girls trapped in that dungeon, televised debut tba

cdqkWfd.gif

they don't make home grown legends like they use to, go off I guess since it's always been her dream but I could care less

cdqkWfd.gif

chile if she isn't a trainer in the performance centre like sara del rey, keep it

cdqkWfd.gif

1 person likes this

I know Aliyah is sweating 

cdqkWfd.gif

1 hour ago, Daniel42 said:

If true, it's such a shame it took them this long to sign her. While she's still a phenomenal wrestler, her peak was 5-10 years ago. She'll be 40 this year, which is a bit late to just start in the WWE. But if anyone could do it, it's her. She's such a well rounder performer, so hopefully they make the most of her abilities and can scoop her as a trainer when she decides to retire.

EXACTLY. Momickie James just turned 40, couldn't get a storyline before her knee gave out, and now they're grooming her ass for commentary. You expect WWE's ageist ass to care about Mercedes Menounos once she touches the main roster? IF she touches the main roster? 

cdqkWfd.gif

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Yeahhh, I was really hoping Mercedes would go to AEW. AEW's women's division is desperately lacking oomph factor, I know it takes time to build but....there's no one, except maybe kong, that they have to build a division around....

Image result for wwe yikes gif

Considering her back issues she’s not the best person to build a division around.

cdqkWfd.gif

I wanted them to sign her years ago during the first MYC but I’m happy for her if this is the case.

14 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Considering her back issues she’s not the best person to build a division around.

cdqkWfd.gif

ooohh, I didn't know she had back issues, damn. AEW could have started to build Allie as a big babyface and started there but, now she's in an evil cult, one of like 93742374837598 dark cult groups in AEW right now, lol. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Daniel42 said:

That's why I'm wondering if they are going to use her as a on-screen talent. I think it's more likely that she'll be either a PC coach. like Sara Amato, Sarita and Serena,

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

ooohh, I didn't know she had back issues, damn. AEW could have started to build Allie as a big babyface and started there but, now she's in an evil cult, one of like 93742374837598 dark cult groups in AEW right now, lol. 

That's sad huh?

cdqkWfd.gif

1 person likes this

I’m happy for her but no matter where she signed I don’t see much long term stuff for her as a wrestler. :draglina: She is def talented so she can have great matches but they waited a bit too long for her to make a dent fan-wise.

1 person likes this

I've wanted her signed for years so I'm so happy for her. I hope she will be an active wrestler but if not, she'd be a perfect fit as a trainer for the girls.

1 person likes this

When WWE signs Madison Eagles and Cheerleader Melissa in 2025 to round out the Shimmer names they've snatched too late.

cdqkWfd.gif

I'm still happy for her, though. Collect that bag :clap: 

7 people like this

44 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

When WWE signs Madison Eagles and Cheerleader Melissa in 2025 to round out the Shimmer names they've snatched too late.

I can smell the Britney perfume when the twinks flood away from HB screaming release me.

Keep her to NXT and maybe a tag team with someone. We always get dominating men’s teams but never really for the women. Nia and Tamina will not be able to solve that.

giphy.gif.96f3e64f72747b3a964f418c1e6b2e

1 person likes this

Holy fuck yes !