Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Becky responds to women’s wrestling critics

26 posts in this topic

Around 23:00 ish she speaks about the discrepancy of how people perceive the women’s main events versus men’s; “A million guys have had terrible main event matches, but if I have a subpar main event match, the question comes up of whether women should be main eventing.”

Thoughts?

vXN2GVf.gif

1 person likes this

The only women's main event matches that have received criticisms are the ones she's involved in. The question actually is, should Becky Lynch be main eventing? The audience says no.

vXN2GVf.gif

14 people like this

Becky was in her bag in 2018. Now the bag has a giant size hole in it. She has been dry since The Royal Rumble last year and hasn't recover since.

vXN2GVf.gif

9 people like this

I think a lot of people are critical of bad men’s main events actually, especially recently with Brock refusing to go away and fans being hot and cold on Roman for years. Not to mention the force-feeding we got of Braun Strowman, Shane McMahon... shall I go on?
vXN2GVf.gif

8 people like this

I mean she's not wrong about how when they have bad matches it's always "women shouldn't be in the main event".  I guess this is why you should always be on your a game if your main eventing a ppv Becky. 

2 people like this

52 minutes ago, Jake said:

The question actually is, should Becky Lynch be main eventing?

AToymuY.gif

7 people like this

Funny this is the same attitude about Evolution that we felt they had.

Considering how rare it still is for women to main event, a sub par showing leaves more of an imprint versus the many failed men's matches.

vXN2GVf.gif

3 people like this

I mean, she made some points. There will always be those conservative, old school redneck wrasslin' fans that will complain about women and will take any opportunity to trash them. That said, Becky doesn't meet the qualifications to be main eventing when she's not an exciting person to watch. We can rely on Sasha, Asuka, and Charlotte to close out a show with a bang, but Becky's four moves aren't doing it.

5 people like this

The women have had very few good main-events, they usually end up disappointing. The TLC match in 2018 was good and the WrestleMania main-event was fine with a shitty finish.. Something always goes wrong, it's not even the ladies fault most of the time. The terrible Survivor Series main-event is totally their fault though.. WWE needs to learn how to book the women in the main-event.

1 person likes this

she spilled but tbh once she drops the title she needs to just ditch women's wrestling and go intergender like tessa since the women fans are ungrateful and love to hate on her!

AToymuY.gif

The only this bitch didnt choke on a main event is tlc 2018. :terri:

1 person likes this

fans are right to see her main event ppv matches as sub-par, and she's right to question their responses, because despite seeing great main events in sasha v bayley and nikki v ronda (just to name a few) fans will watch a becky match and say "should women really main event?" when really, the question is, "should becky lynch main event?". when seth or roman or a tag team have a bad match, people say that seth or roman or a tag team shouldn't main event, not men or tag teams in general shouldn't, so the same should apply to the women.

3 people like this

give us Asuka vs Sasha and you'll see that women belong in the main event

vXN2GVf.gif

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Messiah said:

The women have had very few good main-events, they usually end up disappointing. The TLC match in 2018 was good and the WrestleMania main-event was fine with a shitty finish.. Something always goes wrong, it's not even the ladies fault most of the time. The terrible Survivor Series main-event is totally their fault though.. WWE needs to learn how to book the women in the main-event.

the women need to learn their place and go back to opening the damn show! i don't have time to be sitting on my balls for 4 hours, watching a boring ppv for a shitty dis-arm-her ending. not every feud/moment is main event worthy, triple h done spoiled these girls

this is why we need an active wwe champion to bumP them out of the main event. this is brcock's fault

AToymuY.gif 

2 people like this

She's right and it is unfortunate, but I think the fact she's essentially admitting she's had a sub-par main event while benefiting both short term from a continued push and long term from being at the forefront of "changing the business" might be another problem in itself. Like, I appreciate the honesty, but you won't catch someone like Sasha or Charlotte falling back to the baseline of women having the opportunity when the point of them having the opportunity was to knock it out of the park. She's cracking.

It's unfair to have all that pressure on their shoulders but when the company has the talent to make it possible, not presenting the absolute best leaves room for criticism and creates conflict between the concept that women can do it just as well if not better and the reality of what fans get on their screens. Because we ARE still in the fairly early stages. Before last year, the women had main evented regular PPVs less times than could be counted on one hand. One was a HIAC that was brought down by the wrong outcome but would've been criticised regardless just because tables didn't break, and the other two—one with 30 women, including 1/3 alumni and call-ups—weren't even trusted to be the main talking point and had Ronda inserted. All had stipulations and were historic first-evers. In comparison, the triple threat at SvS having those participants and being expected to be have a higher ceiling than average was someone lying to themselves. You can have bad days, sometimes shit happens like Kairi getting injured, etc., but that match should never have been the main event because it was setting them up.

5 people like this

Just now, Shoaib. said:

She's right and it is unfortunate, but I think the fact she's essentially admitting she's had a sub-par main event while benefiting both short term from a continued push and long term from being at the forefront of "changing the business" might be another problem in itself. Like, I appreciate the honesty, but you won't catch someone like Sasha or Charlotte falling back to the baseline of women having the opportunity when the point of them having the opportunity was to knock it out of the park. She's cracking.

It's unfair to have all that pressure on their shoulders but when the company has the talent to make it possible, not presenting the absolute best leaves room for criticism and creates conflict between the concept that women can do it just as well if not better and the reality of what fans get on their screens. Because we ARE still in the fairly early stages. Before last year, the women had main evented regular PPVs less times than can be counted on one hand. One was a HIAC that was brought down by the wrong outcome but would've been criticised regardless just because tables didn't break, and the other two—one with 30 women, including 1/3 alumni and call-ups—weren't even trusted to be the main talking point and had Ronda inserted. All had stipulations and were historic first-evers. In comparison, the triple threat at SvS having those participants and being expected to be anything more than average was someone lying to themselves. You can have bad days, sometimes shit happens like Kairi getting injured, etc., but that match should never have been the main event because it was setting them up.

are you referring to the tlc one? tbh it really could've been something special but you had one person with 3 moves and one person who never puts in effort unless it's a huge deal for her, so i think the issue about women main eventing really should just circle back to which women are main eventing, because asuka practically carried the whole match despite having the aforementioned issues + kairi being hurt. i think it's time the hoaxwomen retire from the main event scene and just let sasha remain

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, Travis said:

the women need to learn their place and go back to opening the damn show! i don't have time to be sitting on my balls for 4 hours, watching a ppv for a shitty dis-arm-her ppv ending. not every feud/moment is main event worthy, triple h done spoiled these girls

this is why we need an active wwe champion to bumP them out of the main event. this is brcock's fault

AToymuY.gif 

VYHHHHHGH

6 people like this

8 minutes ago, shumiley said:

are you referring to the tlc one? tbh it really could've been something special but you had one person with 3 moves and one person who never puts in effort unless it's a huge deal for her, so i think the issue about women main eventing really should just circle back to which women are main eventing, because asuka practically carried the whole match despite having the aforementioned issues + kairi being hurt. i think it's time the hoaxwomen retire from the main event scene and just let sasha remain

I'm not. All factors considered, the TLC tag still had heaps of potential before it went left. SvS didn't but even then could've surprised since expectations were low. It didn't.

2 people like this

I'm not sure what to really add besides this: I don't think it's completely her fault that some of her main event matches have been lackluster. She's a very competent performer and is incredibly safe, which is something we saw when Kairi got hurt. There's a reason her and Sasha opened up the first women's royal rumble, she can lead. I think this stuff ultimately falls on WWE itself and whoever is booking these matches with talent. I'm not sure how much is done on the fly versus what's approved.

Meanwhile, the men have been doing this for fucking ages and have more leeway unfortunately. Until things are more equal, which they definitely aren't a-fucking-gain lately, regardless of which woman is in the main event, there'll always be complaints until enough matches and stories happen to normalize this.

I'm still not sure why Ronda gets a pass outside this forum when she was in the spotlight, :uhh: she was dangerous af and a liability with how many girls she hurt. 

Image result for becky lynch talking gif

4 people like this

Just now, Charlotte's Weave said:

I'm not sure what to really add besides this: I don't think it's completely her fault that some of her main event matches have been lackluster. She's a very competent performer and is incredibly safe, which is something we saw when Kairi got hurt. There's a reason her and Sasha opened up the first women's royal rumble, she can lead. I think this stuff ultimately falls on WWE itself and whoever is booking these matches with talent. I'm not sure how much is done on the fly versus what's approved.

Meanwhile, the men have been doing this for fucking ages and have more leeway unfortunately. Until things are more equal, which they definitely aren't a-fucking-gain lately, regardless of which woman is in the main event, there'll always be complaints until enough matches and stories happen to normalize this.

I'm still not sure why Ronda gets a pass outside this forum when she was in the spotlight, :uhh: she was dangerous af and a liability with how many girls she hurt. 

Image result for becky lynch talking gif

part of the issue with becky is that wwe doesn't know how to book long reigns for champions so they're re-using the same material, and it's hard for becky to still be interesting when her whole gimmick was about being an underdog and overcoming the odds. she should've had her reign ended at summerslam or hiac (preferably the latter) because creative somehow can only go so far with these characters. some characters are just meant to be the chasers and only stay on top for a little while (i.e. becky, bayley)

7 people like this

10 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

There's a reason her and Sasha opened up the first women's royal rumble, she can lead.

the blind

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

the blind

jsdjshdjkhsdfkjh, oop maybe the clown in me jumped out today. 

Related image

I'll never forget this tho, sjddhfjdhfkjdf :ahh:

Image result for sasha banks royal rumble kicks gif

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

jsdjshdjkhsdfkjh, oop maybe the clown in me jumped out today. 

Related image

I'll never forget this tho, sjddhfjdhfkjdf :ahh:

Image result for sasha banks royal rumble kicks gif

I'm just being annoying :ahh: you didn't lie, Becky has always been safe and alert in ring I guess :uhh:  the way she protected Kairi was really cute. 

3 people like this

29 minutes ago, shumiley said:

part of the issue with becky is that wwe doesn't know how to book long reigns for champions so they're re-using the same material, and it's hard for becky to still be interesting when her whole gimmick was about being an underdog and overcoming the odds. she should've had her reign ended at summerslam or hiac (preferably the latter) because creative somehow can only go so far with these characters. some characters are just meant to be the chasers and only stay on top for a little while (i.e. becky, bayley)

The fact that they are booking her as the victim a year later is just so ugh. :culture:

1 person likes this