Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shumiley

Oscar Nominees 2020 | Joker leads with 11 nominations

28 posts in this topic

The nominations for this year's Academy Awards have been announced in Los Angeles. The official ceremony will take place on 9 February 2020 with the same format as last year with not including a host.

Here's the list of the 2020 nominees:

Spoiler

BEST PICTURE

• Ford v Ferrari
  • The Irishman
  • Jojo Rabbit
  • Joker
  • Little Women
  • Marriage Story
  • Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
  • Parasite

BEST ACTOR

• Antonio Banderas - Pain and Glory
  • Leonardo DiCaprio - Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
  • Adam Driver - Marriage Story
  • Joaquin Phoenix - Joker
  • Jonathan Pryce - The Two Popes

BEST ACTRESS

• Cynthia Erivo - Harriet
  • Scarlett Johansson - Marriage Story
  • Saoirse Ronan - Little Women
  • Charlize Theron - Bombshell
  • Renee Zellweger - Judy

BEST DIRECTOR

• The Irishman - Martin Scorsese
  • Joker - Todd Phillips
  • 1917 - Sam Mendes
  • Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood - Quentin Tarantino
  • Parasite - Bong Joon-ho

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

• Tom Hanks - A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood
  • Anthony Hopkins - The Two Popes
  • Al Pacino - The Irishman
  • Joe Pesci - The Irishman
  • Brad Pitt - Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

• Kathy Bates - Richard Jewell
  • Laura Dern - Marriage Story
  • Scarlett Johansson - Jojo Rabbit
  • Florence Pugh - Little Women
  • Margot Robbie - Bombshell

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

• The Irishman
  • Jojo Rabbit
  • Joker
  • Little Women
  • The Two Popes

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

• Knives Out
  • Marriage Story
  • Parasite

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE

• How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
  • I Lost My Body
  • Klaus
  • Missing Link
  • Toy Story 4

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

• The Irishman
  • Joker
  • The Lighthouse

The full list can be found here

Much like this year's BAFTAs, there are no women nominated in the Director category, and a significant lack of POC nominees.

hustlers and the farewell really got completely snubbed for no reason (thank fuck awkwafina got rejected though).

oscars so SHITE.

3 people like this

The Caucasity. Films largely centered around straight white men yet again. No J.Lo, no Lupita, no women directors. I'm sick.

tenor.gif

4 people like this

wait just realised the only actor of colour to get an acting nod played a slave............. :clitglam: and she wasnt even good

3 people like this

This is so bad. Not even one for Us? And Scarlett is an industry plant! 

Do the academy only pay attention to the movies released the last 3 months? :skull:

The only good thing is that Klaus got nominated and Zara Larsson sings the song of the movie. Queen tingz 

Amlex

•  
5 people like this

12 minutes ago, Amlex said:

This is so bad. Not even one for Us? And Scarlett is an industry plant! 

Do the academy only pay attention to the movies released the last 3 months? :skull:

The only good thing is that Klaus got nominated and Zara Larsson sings the song of the movie. Queen tingz 

Amlex

•  

they just want us to pay to see these films idk why we even bother caring about nominations at this point but here we are

2 people like this

Poor Beyonce :rot: 

anyway WOC Scarlegend is about to snatch both lead and supporting actress awards. :shook: 

14 minutes ago, Amlex said:

No the best part of that is that they said fuck disney and didn't nominate Frozen 2 or The lion king for best animated film. I was so sick of them making it in and winning by default. Every other category may be a complete mess but at least I have this
h2jhIGu.gif

4 people like this

26 minutes ago, shumiley said:

wait just realised the only actor of colour to get an acting nod played a slave............. :clitglam: and she wasnt even good

Lord knows how difficult it would be to nominate a black actor that isn't playing a slave. I'm tired. #JusticeForLupita

h2jhIGu.gif

3 people like this

Just now, Bruno. said:

Lord knows how difficult it would be to nominate a black actor that isn't playing a slave. I'm tired. #JusticeForLupita

h2jhIGu.gif

im convinced they didn't even watch the film and just had to have a token black person so went with the slave character. anyone that saw harriet knew it was the worst out of all of the big names in the awards season

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, shumiley said:

they just want us to pay to see these films idk why we even bother caring about nominations at this point but here we are

The fact Marriage Story was released like a week before award shows started announcing nominations. I'm telling y'all this is conspiracy, someone needs to expose Scarlett's payola 

h2jhIGu.gif

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Amlex said:

The fact Marriage Story was released like a week before award shows started announcing nominations. I'm telling y'all this is conspiracy, someone needs to expose Scarlett's payola 

h2jhIGu.gif

she really is the film industry's cardi

2 people like this

ScarJo being wilfully ignorant getting her more success as the days go by. I suppose nobody should be surprised

i1zoF3n.gif

1 person likes this

the experts have spoken 

4 people like this

Of course Cynthia Erivo got in for playing a slave, but Lupita with what many call THE best performance of the year is snubbed. They need to kick all the inactive OLD members of the Academy out already, this is so fucking ugly and I haven't even made it down the list :rot: 

2 people like this

Them nominating Scarlett twice instead of J. Lo after all the campaigning the latter did too :rot: 

2 people like this

they really said NO to Beyonce too? :skull: 

1 person likes this

The only thing that is making me giggle is oomf was SO SURE that because Avengers: Endgame broke box office records and is the conclusion to a major franchise, that the Academy will give it flowers. But it only got a SFX nom of the technical ones and was told nope everywhere else. I'll be on his neck later! :lmao: 

6 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

The only thing that is making me giggle is oomf was SO SURE that because Avengers: Endgame broke box office records and is the conclusion to a major franchise, that the Academy will give it flowers. But it only got a SFX nom of the technical ones and was told nope everywhere else. I'll be on his neck later! :lmao: 

Knives Out getting an Original Screenplay nom is also pleasing to me, even though it deserves for Best Picture!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

No the best part of that is that they said fuck disney and didn't nominate Frozen 2 or The lion king for best animated film. I was so sick of them making it in and winning by default. Every other category may be a complete mess but at least I have this
h2jhIGu.gif

The Oscars really wished Disney the best in the future endeavors and only gave them technical noms for Star Wars and one for the Godfather of movie scores, John Williams. A small victory, I guess.

h2jhIGu.gif

3 people like this

people better keep this same energy 

:frecklefox: 

2 people like this

I’m so sick of the same basic white movies by white men getting nominated for everything. 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, shumiley said:

im convinced they didn't even watch the film and just had to have a token black person so went with the slave character. anyone that saw harriet knew it was the worst out of all of the big names in the awards season

them nominating both Charlize and Margot based on Bombshell trailer rather than watching the whole movie and seeing how Nicole Kidman was just as great, if not better.

h2jhIGu.gif

1 person likes this