Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Travis

Triple H Faces Backlash For Joking About Paige’s Sexual History & Fertility Problems

27 posts in this topic

WWE Triple H Paige Raw

https://twitter.com/LocalWWE/status/1216511335938260992

(skip to 1:10)

Triple H is facing some heat after making a crude joke about Paige’s past history. Paige, who came under intense scrutiny during the spring of 2017 amid turmoil surrounding her short-lived engagement to Albert Del Rio and a sex-tape scandal, currently works with WWE in a non-wrestling capacity as an analyst for “WWE Backstage.”

While speaking with members of the media, Triple H made the following comments about the possibility of the currently injured Superstars Edge and Paige—both of whom suffered career-ending neck injuries—returning to the ring:

“I’m a fan just like everyone else. I would love to see [Edge or Paige] step into the ring and compete. More importantly than that, though, I would like to see them live long, healthy lives. You know, Edge has kids. Paige—maybe—she probably has some she doesn’t know of.”

The remark, while in the spirit of the former D-Generation X member’s propensity to joke around, is the stuff of typical cannon fodder for an era that is much more sensitized to slut-shaming, especially from a top WWE executive.

Paige raised eyebrows with a January 3 tweet that insisted her “glory days aren’t over.” Part of the tweet made mention of the various times she has been called a “slut” on social media, an ugly perception that Triple H is doing no favors in quelling.

SOURCE: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/01/13/triple-h-faces-backlash-for-joking-about-paiges-sexual-history/#53d8ac69555a

1 person likes this

I could give two shits about Beige because she's known for defending her transphobic, racist, psychopath boyfriend Ronnie Radke by calling the internet sensitive and telling us to "take a joke"

Triple H is an asshole and this once again proves that this "Women's Evolution" bullshit is just a cash grab for him. He doesn't respect or care about any of them unless they're making him look good.

Paige should quit the WWE forever in protest. Don't let them talk to you like that:heart: 

NThbiHa.gif

11 people like this

Ronnie Roadkill cancelling HHH on Twitter when he's the LAST person that should be taking the moral highground :rot:

I'd be defending her if it were literally anyone else. HHH is trash and Paige ain't that far behind!

NThbiHa.gif 

7 people like this

There's no one to cheer for or feel sorry for in all of this. Mess.

7 people like this

I thot that they were friends :draglina: 

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Travis said:

Paige should quit the WWE forever in protest. Don't let them talk to you like that:heart: 

:shook:

2 people like this

if triple k can talk like this about someone during a conference call imagine what he's said about them after a few drinks. wish the faux horsewomen/their stans would stop eating into his shit that he cares about women when this isn't his first moment being exposed (by himself)

4 people like this

I mean if the shoe fits...she loves telling us to take a joke just so she can excuse her Bf’s problematic behavior. :perched:

Nose has been rotten garbage. Didn’t he cheat on ICON with Staph? The real slut in all of this.

we all lose in this scandal. Let’s end them both simultaneously.

NThbiHa.gif

8 people like this

1 hour ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

It thot that they were friends :draglina: 

She let her ex boyfriend cum on the title he gave her.

1 person likes this

It’s in extremely poor taste since Paige has infertility issues, but I don’t think he knew of the top of his head. It was random/needless for him to joke about it like that, but her hosting the pity parade while making excuse after excuse for her boyfriend’s bullshit is exactly why I don’t care.

13 people like this

Trash dragging trash, maybe this is the song I want to hear in 2020! Joking about infertility is in piss taste, but both of them are drinking out the same cup. Couldn't be Sasha!

NThbiHa.gif

2 people like this

She sits there and laughs as her husband makes his comments are Mexicans and Trans people, she can sit and laugh as people joke on her. Could care less about what she did and what she can't do because she didn't have much concern for the feelings of other when her boyfriend baits and trolls for clicks 

5 people like this

Do I feel bad for her after her constantly telling people to learn how to take a joke whenever it comes to her trashbag boyfriend? Not really. But in that same breath Triple H is the COO of a major corporation, he probably shouldn't be commenting on the sex lives of his employees no matter how rockstar he thinks it makes them seem.
s6tiGyA.gif

6 people like this

I don’t think Paige making questionable life choices in terms of her personal relationships and defending problematic statements should have anything to do with Triple H’s clear misogyny. You don’t have to support her, but you shouldn’t wish sexism on anyone just because you don’t like them unless you’re okay with upholding that system. Triple H should be chastised independently of Paige’s history, because if he’s saying it about one woman casually and as “a joke” he’s certainly saying it about any woman he so chooses.

NThbiHa.gif

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I don’t think Paige making questionable life choices in terms of her personal relationships and defending problematic statements should have anything to do with Triple H’s clear misogyny.
NThbiHa.gif

Ok I think this is a little bit of a stretch considering he meant it as a compliment (yikes) and made the exact same comment about Edge two seconds before and then tried to apply the same logic to Paige. It's unprofessional as shit but as a woman I don't think it's misogyny. If anything it represents the opposite where sometimes you should think for a second before trying to apply the same logic from a man to a woman or from person to person because it changes the context
NThbiHa.gif

1 person likes this

I just can’t seem to muster up anything but indifference for the both of them. She’ll get over it.

NThbiHa.gif

3 people like this

Just now, Rainbow Heart said:

Ok I think this is a little bit of a stretch considering he meant it as a compliment (yikes) and made the exact same comment about Edge two seconds before and then tried to apply the same logic to Paige. It's unprofessional as shit but as a woman I don't think it's misogyny. If anything it represents the opposite where sometimes you should think for a second before trying to apply the same logic from a man to a woman or from person to person because it changes the context
NThbiHa.gif

I don't think he meant it maliciously, but it came across that way as the way he made it a joke about Paige when it was supposed to be a defense of Edge and Daniel Bryan shows a bias whether he was saving himself quickly or not. It's not right to joke about a woman's fertility or her sexual past, especially in this case where he's quite literally her boss and knows well that she went through a scandal not so long ago. I think him clumping her into the conversation the way he did was well-intentioned but he could have just said "Edge had kids, Paige has a bright future ahead of her" (which we then could put up for debate, because) and this wouldn't even be a conversation

NThbiHa.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I don't think he meant it maliciously, but it came across that way as the way he made it a joke about Paige when it was supposed to be a defense of Edge and Daniel Bryan shows a bias whether he was saving himself quickly or not. It's not right to joke about a woman's fertility or her sexual past, especially in this case where he's quite literally her boss and knows well that she went through a scandal not so long ago. I think him clumping her into the conversation the way he did was well-intentioned but he could have just said "Edge had kids, Paige has a bright future ahead of her" (which we then could put up for debate, because) and this wouldn't even be a conversation

NThbiHa.gif

I agree with you for the most part and I still think he's shit (as I did before this) but I don't think the joke was at Paige's expense. It was that he got halfway through the sentence and realised a woman having kids she didn't know about is pretty fucking impossible and therefore that what he was saying made no god damn sense and tried to win the room back by making it a joke. Do I think Triple H shouldn't be making these kind of comments in the first place? Absolutely, as said by my first post. It's completely unprofessional for someone in his position to be saying anything of the sort. Do I think this was fucking messy considering the context of Paige's life? Absolutely. I just don't think you calling it misogyny straight up is fair in this situation.

Now excuse me while I go and rinse these keyboard hands with bleach for ever having used them to lowkey defend Triple H
NThbiHa.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jeigz said:

I don’t think Paige making questionable life choices in terms of her personal relationships and defending problematic statements should have anything to do with Triple H’s clear misogyny. You don’t have to support her, but you shouldn’t wish sexism on anyone just because you don’t like them unless you’re okay with upholding that system. Triple H should be chastised independently of Paige’s history, because if he’s saying it about one woman casually and as “a joke” he’s certainly saying it about any woman he so chooses.

NThbiHa.gif

I would agree with you if she wasn't cosigning his behavior everytime he was racist or homophobic, but she is. She wants to tell people on Twitter to stop being sensitive when her man is telling jokes, that works both ways.

s6tiGyA.gif

2 people like this

They’re both messy. 

1 hour ago, Captain Fox said:

I would agree with you if she wasn't cosigning his behavior everytime he was racist or homophobic, but she is. She wants to tell people on Twitter to stop being sensitive when her man is telling jokes, that works both ways.

s6tiGyA.gif

I think that’s fair but I’d rather call her out for that issue directly than say that Triple H’s misstep about something else is justified because of her being problematic in other ways. It’s just a different way of thinking, I guess, but I can see the justification of what goes around comes around in this case too  

s6tiGyA.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

s6tiGyA.gif

why does this gif fit so perfectly fjdkd

1 person likes this

What exactly did she say/defend?

And just reading it, it doesn't sound that bad. It's like he's saying, yeah she might have something in her future, down the road. Then you read it in HHH's voice and it's like ah... yes.. scum.