Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Original "Star Wars: Episode IX" Script Leaks

Notes courtesy of Oh No They Didn't

Colin Trevorrow was set to write and direct the final installment of the Star Wars saga before he left and JJ Abrams took back over. Colin's script just leaked out via Reddit (and confirmed real by Source).

OPENING CRAWL
      The iron grip of the FIRST ORDER has spread to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Only a few scattered planets remain unoccupied. Traitorous acts are punishable by death. Determined to suffocate a growing unrest, Supreme Leader KYLO REN has silenced all communication between neighboring systems. Led by GENERAL LEIA ORGANA, the Resistance has planned a secret mission to prevent their annihilation and forge a path to freedom…

-- The film would have been called "Duel of the Fates"
      -- Finn and Rose are given lots to do. They head to Coruscant to light a beacon at the old Jedi Temple to signal the galaxy to war against the First Order. From there they steal an old Star Destroyer and are captured and sent to a POW camp. Finn connects with a old Stromtrooper friend and together he and Rose led an uprising with other Stormtroopers in the final battle on the ground while Poe fights in the sky.
      -- Turns out Kylo killed Rey parents. She isn't related to Palpatine at all (he isn't even in the film). The force ghosts of Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan assist Rey against Kylo and they try to bring Ben back to the light but its unsuccessful and he dies.
      -- Leia isn't as featured as much. The script was turned in before Carrie passed. While there were stories about there being a version of the script where Leia fights Kylo, this isn't it.
      -- In the end, Finn and Rose take force sensitive children (including broom boy from TLJ) to a remote planet so Rey can train them as the new generation of Jedi.

Some is better, some definitely is not though. One of the highlights of the film for me was how much Leia was featured as it does elevate her from the tertiary role of the original trilogy to a key player and a main protagonist in her own right. It did feel kind of cheap because so much attention was given after Carrie Fisher’s death, but still. Palpatine being out of the film is good, but Rey’s character resolution is still not in this version, but I don’t think it would be an easy thing to work out and would always be a little messy because she was originally meant to be an unknown who showed “anyone could be a Jedi” or some inspirational whatever (in my opinion). I still haven’t seen TLJ so I can’t speak too much on Finn and Rose, but from what I’ve read they should have had a more prominent role than they did (Finn especially, the way he was the assumed protagonist in TFA and then the racists came out and stopped his bag) I just don’t know about the execution here. I was and am least interested in the actual space war part of Star Wars in all incarnations, though, so whatever they came up with would have been fine, though the multi-million person fleet that an actual ghost brought to the battle in the film was... interesting. Seems like this version was more straight-forward in terms of resolving the main conflicts and had more of an action-based direction, where I feel like the strongest parts of the cut that made it were the internal struggles of all the main cast, so I guess that’s why this didn’t make it. 

I don't...hate this? (charlotte voice*)

The whole Palpatine thing did seem out of nowhere, but I also didn't hate The Rise of Skywalker. The whole thing is overblown to be quite honest. The way forward now is through a variety of mini series', there are way more interesting stories to tell in a longer form on tv.

Related image

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

I don't...hate this? (charlotte voice*)

The whole Palpatine thing did seem out of nowhere, but I also didn't hate The Rise of Skywalker. The whole thing is overblown to be quite honest. The way forward now is through a variety of mini series', there are way more interesting stories to tell in a longer form on tv.

Related image

Yeah, and moving on from the Skywalker saga will do the Star Wars IP some good.

I would have preferred this. It should have been Kylo vs Rey to close this out. Kylo being the endgame villain, a man with a legacy who ultimately chose the wrong path, is so much better than them turning him hero just so he could kiss Rey and appease shippers. It was tacky and gross and went against the previous story of Kylo being an evil prick who wants power.