Mariah.

DC Extended Universe | Wonder Woman 1984 & Birds of Prey in 2020

66 posts in this topic

Some interesting Batman shit:

The costume designer, SFX supervisor and sound mixer all just won Oscars last night :shook: 

Also Peter Sarsgaard had this to say:

Production on Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” is underway, and according to cast member Peter Sarsgaard the final product is going to have a “raw power” to it. Sarsgaard appeared on SiriusXM radio this week for an interview and was asked to tease his role in Reeves’ upcoming Caped Crusader blockbuster. The actor is starring in the film as Gotham District Attorney Gil Colso. Not much is known about Colso as he does not have comic book roots, although fans are already speculating the character might turn out to be Two Face based on the district attorney connection.

Sarsgaard could not spill any details about his character, but he did share that filming the project has made it clear the tone of the film will be akin to the mood of alternative rock band Pixies. “It’s so raw in that way,” the actor said while comparing “The Batman” to the Pixies’ music style.

“That’s what I feel like about this. It is not sanitized,” the actor said of the movie. “It’s got a raw power to it, a raw emotionality.”

Sarsgaard is joined in “The Batman” by Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as the Riddler, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner James Gordon, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál, Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth, and Colin Farrell as the Penguin. Pattinson promised last month that his iteration of Wayne/Batman would differ from the likes of Christian Bale (Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” trilogy) and Michael Keaton (Tim Burton’s “Batman” and “Batman Returns”) and be just as “crazy and perverse” as the indie film characters he’s played over the last several years. “The Batman” and Christopher Nolan’s upcoming “Tenet” mark Pattinson’s return to major studio tentpoles after wrapping “The Twilight Saga” in 2012.

“The Batman” is Reeves’ first directorial project since wrapping production on the “Planet of the Apes” trilogy. Reeves co-write the script with Mattson Tomlin. Oscar-nominated “Lion” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” cinematographer Greig Fraser is shooting the project following his work on Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune.” Warner Bros. has already announced a June 25, 2021 nationwide release date for “The Batman.” Watch Sarsgaard talk “The Batman” with SiriusXM radio in the video below.

Source

1 person likes this

EXCLAMATION POINT

ERURiKXWsAEmN0a?format=jpg&name=900x900

6 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I feel like he might wind up the best Batman @Eric @Captain Fox @Cooksie @Jake:shook: 

! Remember when I said the other day that so far this movie could possibly take the spot as my favorite Bat flick? OMG The fact that everything we've seen so far just looks so good ugh. :cry:

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

So the head of DC confirmed that "The Batman" is part of the DCEU continuity, just a soft reboot. So there's hope for a redo of Justice League :shook: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/fbr3jl/jim_lee_talks_about_the_future_of_dc_films/

Batman really is going to be a make or break for their universe going forward, and will really set the tone for a possible Justice League 2.

1 person likes this

piri it

5xizr14tlhk41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

FINALLY saw Birds of Prey and it fucking snapped omg, Black Canary was far and away my favorite coming out of it, Jurnee was perfect. I loved all the leads actually, but the kid annoyed the fuck out of me lmao. Black Mask and Zsasz were such good villains too, so unsettling. Zsasz was lowkey hot :sandra: .

The gag with the grievances really sent me, like the editing and writing of this movie were so good. I loved how it was non-linear at first and was filling in the gaps as we went. Like so much good in it, I can go on for hours. Pull up @Amlex :crying2: 

3 people like this

On 07/03/2020 at 2:44 PM, Mariah. said:

FINALLY saw Birds of Prey and it fucking snapped omg, Black Canary was far and away my favorite coming out of it, Jurnee was perfect. I loved all the leads actually, but the kid annoyed the fuck out of me lmao. Black Mask and Zsasz were such good villains too, so unsettling. Zsasz was lowkey hot :sandra: .

The gag with the grievances really sent me, like the editing and writing of this movie were so good. I loved how it was non-linear at first and was filling in the gaps as we went. Like so much good in it, I can go on for hours. Pull up @Amlex :crying2: 

Same! I left the cinema so impressed with her and how awesome she did as Black Canary! nnnnnnn I want a solo movie! 

1 person likes this

On 7/3/2020 at 4:44 AM, Mariah. said:

Yaaaaas. I had goosebumps with Woman playing at the end. The feeling you have when you watched a great movie >>>>>>>

Give your ranting in letterboxd. These neckbeards are hating!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Kat said:

Same! I left the cinema so impressed with her and how awesome she did as Black Canary! nnnnnnn I want a solo movie! 

She definitely had the most fleshed out character arc after Harley, I really wanna see her in more. Maybe a series on HBO Max if they don't feel confident in another movie.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Amlex said:

Yaaaaas. I had goosebumps with Woman playing at the end. The feeling you have when you watched a great movie >>>>>>>

Give your ranting in letterboxd. These neckbeards are hating!

YES, it really was so perfectly tied up that the ending made you feel so so good, whew.

And already done did, the neckbeards really hate anything not catered to them because there was nothing in there that was even remotely feather ruffling:skull: 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Mariah. said:

She definitely had the most fleshed out character arc after Harley, I really wanna see her in more. Maybe a series on HBO Max if they don't feel confident in another movie.

💯 

1 person likes this