Jackie Cox / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Jaida Essence Hall / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Jan Sport / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Nicky Doll / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Rock M. Sakura / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Sherry Pie / Instagram / Meet The Queen
Widow Von'Du / Instagram / Meet The Queen

-

Decided to make a new thread since the old one was old and sparse, plus we wanted this fresh in the new topics!

Fan of the Drag Race franchise? Be sure to to join HB Drag Race! For more information, check here.

Now post your pre-season favorites and please put any spoilers under spoiler tabs. We will be very strict and vigilante regarding any spoiler information since it's very easy to find for this show.

3 people like this

More content from Entertainment Weekly, including cast interviews!

You can imagine it might be difficult to concentrate while sitting in a room filled with the echoing clack of high heels shuffling across the pavement of a New York City photo studio, a steady stream of cackling laughter rattling through the air, and the sound of makeup brushes crashing onto the floor among the general hoots and hollers of 13 excited drag queens preparing to shoot their patriotic cast photos for RuPaul’s Drag Race season 12 (Friday, Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. on VH1). But, there’s a beauty, elegance, and grace to the chaos, a warm spirit of sisterhood that soothes the cacophony. You soon realize: This is a sweet family reunion, but one where each of the dazzling ladies — many of whom are actually men in wigs — want you to focus on her, and her alone, as she guns for $100,000 and the most coveted crown in reality television.

“The best word to describe season 12 is ‘OVANESS!’ Google it!” host and executive producer RuPaul exclusively tells EW of the upcoming installment of the Emmy-winning reality competition series, the full cast for which the network announced Thursday. According to Urban Dictionary, it essentially means an “effortless sharing of an entertainer’s truth” that “can only be attained by full realization of living.” In other words, expect less walking children in nature and more contestants dog-walking each other on the front lines of this year’s lip-sync stage, which, judging by EW’s first interviews with the new cast (below), is poised for a major stomping as the queens duke it out for the title.

“Our producers have come up with twisted, outrageous challenges that raise the bar for all competition of reality,” RuPaul adds. “Our celebrity guest judges are truly legendary. And this cast of queens is, dare I say, the most talented we’ve ever had. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, a fresh crop of queens arrives and blows our minds all over again.”

Look at how Gigi ate that runway :shook:. I've been following her for a while, since before I read the spoiler she was cast, so I'm excited to see what she brings. I'll pick out my other faves as soon as I get through the MTQs.

2 people like this

I've been a fan of Dahlia Sin for a long time now, so I'm definitely rooting for her. Aiden Zhane looks interesting in a quirky but intellectual kind of way, kinda Sasha Velour-esque.

And I had to include this drag from Detox:

2 people like this

I like the 'America' outfits way more than whatever that runway theme was (Odd or underground? For yvie? idk).

Based on MTQ I think Crystal Methyd is my current fave personality wise. Brita, Sherry and Jaida would probably round out the rest of my potential faves but I will have to wait until the season airs to see what sticks.
tBacGcz.gif

Also sign up for Hb drag race girls!
http://www.heartbreakers.me/index.php?/topic/14450-hb-drag-race-sign-up-now/#comment-1220912

7 minutes ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

I've been a fan of Dahlia Sin for a long time now, so I'm definitely rooting for her. Aiden Zhane looks interesting in a quirky but intellectual kind of way, kinda Sasha Velour-esque.

And I had to include this drag from Detox:

I'm gravitating toward Aiden as well for the reasons you mentioned and OOPS Detox better LASH them. We're 12 seasons in now, let's show all facets of drag. It's FAR past the point of old that they cast the same batch of queens every year: your edgy look queens, your southern pageant queens, your quirky comedy queens... and it's 97% cis men in drag. Let's finally bring in drag kings, more trans queens, bearded queens, etc. It's 2020. The fanbase is very aware now that those types of drag exists and are waiting for this show to catch up.

2 people like this

Jaida is serving this runway too, she about to join the list :shook: 

1 person likes this

I don't watch but I wanna start. Dahlia looks cute!

tBacGcz.gif

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Travis said:

I don't watch but I wanna start. Dahlia looks cute!

tBacGcz.gif

Spoiler

Onika is apparently judging the premiere, so you came at the right time!

But I think you'll like it if you ignore the annoying white fan base and ignore how clearly rigged it is. It has your fashion and your OTT queer drama

tBacGcz.gif

3 people like this

5 NYC queens but NO Chicago queens? Chile, anyways...

Rooting for Gigi! Also love Dahlia, Nicky, Jaida, and Jan. And I completely agree with the consensus that we're way overdue on having a more inclusive cast. I'd love to see more AFAB and trans queens along with drag kings. Dragula had Landon and they killed it on the show. Drag Race has a huge following and can have a lot of influence on how a general audience can see a broader view of queer people.

2 people like this

I actually like all of the cast tbh, so it's hard for me to establish favorites since there's something I enjoy in all of them. If I were to compile my top five though off first impressions, it's Gigi, Jaida, Jan, Brita and Sherry, with second tier being Nicky, Jackie and Aiden.

tBacGcz.gif

1 person likes this

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

2 people like this

The UK series showed me this show could still be fun, and they have passion for this. I hope some of these new queens bring some energy that has been missing since season 6.

1 person likes this

I thought America was an odd theme for the promo in February but then the start of the runway reminded me that Ru’s still trying to make that awful American song happen.

I forgot Yvie won :uhh: 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:08 PM, Black Canary said:

I thought America was an odd theme for the promo in February but then the start of the runway reminded me that Ru’s still trying to make that awful American song happen.

I forgot Yvie won :uhh: 

We all did. :perched:

in case you missed it:

:shook: 

“RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars” is sashaying over to Showtime for a special edition that will premiere in June, immediately following the Season 12 finale of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” on sister channel VH1.

“Take VH1’s ‘Drag Race,’ for example. With a large and loyal following, we believe this franchise will be additive to Showtime’s subscriber dynamic, which is why we will air a special new season of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ on Showtime on a first window basis,” Bob Bakish, the president and CEO of Showtime and VH1 parent company ViacomCBS, announced during the company’s earnings call Thursday.

Per Showtime, “‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ gives viewers the chance to catch their favorite queens as they return for a second attempt to earn the crown, win a cash prize of $100,000 and garner a spot in the ‘Drag Race Hall of Fame.'”

The special season will premiere Friday, June 5 at 8/7c on Showtime on both its linear channel and streaming platform.

“‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ is a culture-defining show that fits perfectly within the contemporary programming Showtime offers in both scripted and unscripted,” Jana Winograde, co-president of entertainment at Showtime Networks Inc, said in a statement. “We are excited to take advantage of our relationship with our new sister company VH1 to present a special edition of this sensational series and bring in this passionate and robust fanbase. It’s the latest example of how we can leverage our combined portfolio to provide new experiences for our audience.”

Season 12 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” will debut Friday, Feb. 28 at 8/7c on VH1. This installment will feature guest judges like Nicki Minaj, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Robyn, Leslie Jones, Normani, Daisy Ridley, Winnie Harlow and Jeff Goldblum.

“RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars” and “RuPaul’s Drag Race” are produced by World of Wonder Productions with Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell, Steven Corfe, Mandy Salangsang and RuPaul Charles serving as executive producers. Tim Palazzola serves as executive producer and Jen Passovoy serves as producer.

Source

All Stars was confirmed this week to air on premium cable, hope that means a BUDGET :shook: 

1 person likes this

Will we be doing live chats again this season? 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Mariah. said:

Source

All Stars was confirmed this week to air on premium cable, hope that means a BUDGET :shook: 

The fans are mad, but this means the girls might get an actual budget again.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, Katy said:

Will we be doing live chats again this season? 

we're actively trying to find a good rabbit replacement, so hopefully :crying: 

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

The fans are mad, but this means the girls might get an actual budget again.

Being Australian coming in handy for the first time ever since it will just come to the exact same streaming service as regular drag race
poUIUiA.gif

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Being Australian coming in handy for the first time ever since it will just come to the exact same streaming service as regular drag race
poUIUiA.gif

I work and can never watch it live, so it's just another season on tape delay for me.

0jSJIyR.gif

1 person likes this