Mariah.

Charlotte Flair, Paige and Renee Young Reflect on Five Years Since #GiveDivasAChance; Point to the Impact of AJ Lee and The Bella Twins

29 posts in this topic

Image result for givedivasachance Image result for paige aj lee bella twins Image result for becky lynch charlotte flair sasha banks debut
(images courtesy of WWE.com)

While appearing as a guest on WWE Backstage, Charlotte Flair was asked to look back at the five year anniversary of #GiveDivasAChance, along with Paige. Most notably, Renee Young immediately credits AJ Lee and her pipebombshell, along with the Bella Twins, for getting the ball rolling for the revolution. Paige piggy backs to say AJ Lee was the first person to really make people take notice of the division, namely with her mic work (it's AJ who, in her opinion, is the best woman ever on the mic). Charlotte and Paige then both talk about how while they were in NXT, they saw the women on main roster not getting time to wrestle, so they strived to change that. Charlotte then continues off of Paige's point about AJ Lee to say that the women before AJ definitely had the talent and weren't really given the opportunity to show it, but it was AJ who started the trend of being a distinct, unique character, which snowballed into what was seen on NXT; from that point forward the women weren't just groups of women thrown together. Then from there, every opportunity the girls were given, they just continued to deliver.

Paige then goes on to talk about the pressure to live up to the hype following #GiveDivasAChance despite remaining cynical about being given opportunities, but says the Horsewomen came up and kept stealing the show, which elevated the women around them's in ring performance, namely the Bella Twins. Charlotte agrees and says the women all made each other better.

1 person likes this

AJ Lee blah blah blah Divas Revolution blah blah blah Horsewomen blah blah blah. I'm tired of hearing the same NAMES and shit on loop.

anyways gurl bai

A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

AJ Lee blah blah blah Divas Revolution blah blah blah Horsewomen blah blah blah. I'm tired of hearing the same NAMES and shit on loop.

anyways gurl bai

A72gTC9.gif

Kelly Kelly is back to satiate the Diva stans, so I'm gonna feed on my queens getting their due recognition via the top bitch saying the shit I've been saying for years. Period!

A72gTC9.gif

2 people like this

Why i dont see Naomi's name being mentioned

A72gTC9.gif

9 people like this

25 minutes ago, Amlex said:

Why i dont see Naomi's name being mentioned

A72gTC9.gif

! it's black history month also

this is somehow aj and paige's fault. 2014 all over again, girl bye

A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

That Bella impact, Brie and Nikki vs Stephanie was this revolutions peak point blank periodt.

A72gTC9.gif

1 person likes this

wait the way every time paige gets asked about this and she's always going on about how the horsewomen get too much and now that one of them were in her presence while the same topic was brought up she was PRAISING THEM. im SCREAMING :ahh:

5 people like this

8 minutes ago, shumiley said:

wait the way every time paige gets asked about this and she's always going on about how the horsewomen get too much and now that one of them were in her presence while the same topic was brought up she was PRAISING THEM. im SCREAMING :ahh:

She knows Charlotte will clock her for real.

A72gTC9.gif

5 people like this

How about we get #GiveMoreWOCAChance trending next.
A72gTC9.gif

9 people like this

However this was an iconic movement. 
A72gTC9.gif

Sorry, but no HW elevated the Bellas' in-ring performances. Nikki just came off a fresh year of showing her ass and giving Paige the best matches of her career consistently. And Brie was just over it at that point. Charlotte is welcome for Nikki giving her HIAC. And unfortunately Sasha never got a chance to show out with her.

A72gTC9.gif

And AJ didn't start any trend of being a distinct unique character. But her services are appreciated.

A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

A72gTC9.gif

no cuz last time you geighs got something trending they took away the divas title and the bella twins

you will deal with Shayna biting Becky 

A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Eric said:

A72gTC9.gif

they'll just use it to push the 50% asian in shayna

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, shumiley said:

they'll just use it to push the 50% asian in shayna

16 minutes ago, Travis said:

no cuz last time you geighs got something trending they took away the divas title and the bella twins

you will deal with Shayna biting Becky 

A72gTC9.gif

“Using your voice“ back firing on us.
A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

I swear they have this conversation once a month and the answer is never anything different 

A72gTC9.gif

2 people like this

I'm glad they know and I hope everyone else in those locker rooms does too. It isn't talked about as much in recent years but it will never not be foul that instead of just treating the women better because they should, WWE chose to go the way that was best for branding/storyline purposes and to propel the next era as much as possible by never explicitly blaming the era that came before (unless they have and I missed it) but doing everything else in their power to give that impression. Twisting the hashtag's meaning and/or who it was about (the women they used in the graphic to represent literally on the show being the HW fjksdkgh), having the big revolution at the expense of the big bad Bellas who want to set women's wrestling back, phasing out the Divas Championship as soon as possible, and largely ignoring the progress that was made pre-2015 except for when it's convenient/necessary because they need some returns for a Rumble or reunion show. AJ and Bellas (and to a lesser extent, Eve and that girl she put over before leaving) were given decent opportunities that were a fraction of what women can get now, but what they did with them was more meaningful and should rightfully be brought up any time this topic is discussed.

A72gTC9.gif

5 people like this

Still gonna drag Char and Paige tho 

A72gTC9.gif

2 people like this

If it’s about picking a true starting point, then it began with Eve getting a storyline with John Cena/Ryder & was followed by everything AJ and the Bellas did. You’re never going to convince me otherwise. 

A72gTC9.gif

4 people like this

33 minutes ago, prince. said:

If it’s about picking a true starting point, then it began with Eve getting a storyline with John Cena/Ryder & was followed by everything AJ and the Bellas did. You’re never going to convince me otherwise. 

A72gTC9.gif

Eve’s heel turn lowkey got the girls back on the map. The way she went from Ryder/John promo segments, to following it up with the assistant gig, and that naturally transitioned into her owning the division. 

The power she had, but decided to leave right before she even hit her true peak. 

A72gTC9.gif

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Eve’s heel turn lowkey got the girls back on the map. The way she went from Ryder/John promo segments, to following it up with the assistant gig, and that naturally transitioned into her owning the division. 

The power she had, but decided to leave right before she even hit her true peak. 

A72gTC9.gif

Bringing storylines back into the title picture after the title was spending weeks at a time backstage. Them literally bringing her back to main event Raw with AJ because they didn’t care to use anyone else. Please  

A72gTC9.gif

7 people like this

1 minute ago, prince. said:

Bringing storylines back into the title picture after the title was spending weeks at a time backstage. Them literally bringing her back to main event Raw with AJ because they didn’t care to use anyone else. Please  

A72gTC9.gif

Layla rotting away in catering taking duck face selfies, until Vince was ready to give Eve the championship. I’m still mad about them giving us Aj and Punk vs Daniel and Eve, but not giving us a solo feud that would have served in all areas.  

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Layla rotting away in catering taking duck face selfies, until Vince was ready to give Eve the championship. I’m still mad about them giving us Aj and Punk vs Daniel and Eve, but not giving us a solo feud that would have served in all areas.  

Eve left before it could happen. For ONCE, it’s not Daddy Vince’s fault, they were his golden girls  

A72gTC9.gif

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, prince. said:

Eve left before it could happen. For ONCE, it’s not Daddy Vince’s fault, they were his golden girls  

A72gTC9.gif

I’m blaming him until he finally convinces her to make a damn Rumble appearance.

A72gTC9.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, prince. said:

A72gTC9.gif

please speak on it. this is why I get irritated at the same names being mentioned during this shitty ass Divas Revolution.

I need WWE Backstage to bring a stan on the show for a segment and have Renee or Paige go 1v1 with a diva stan to remind them of some other fucking names aside from AK47 Lee

tigress.gif

4 people like this