Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Bella Twins reportedly in line for WWE HOF induction

17 posts in this topic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/02/12/the-bella-twins-are-reportedly-hall-of-fame-bound-and-wwe-twitter-is-divided/#1cfc49bd4fe6

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Nikki and Brie Bella have had quite the eventful beginning to 2020. Nikki Bella recently revealed plans to wed current fiance Artem Chigvintsev, and last month both Bellas surprisingly announced joint pregnancies. 

The major announcements have not slowed down just yet as WWE insider account @WrestleVotes is now reporting that The Bella Twins will be inducted into the 2020 WWE Hall of Fame along with the recently retired international wrestling legend Jushin “Thunder” Liger. 

Few will dispute the Hall of Fame credentials of Liger, who spent much of the year doing a victory lap as he wrestled the final match of his 35-year career during Wrestle Kingdom on January 5.

The Bella Twins were staples on WWE programming for over a decade, with five world championships between the two including Nikki Bella’s record-breaking run as Divas champion which lasted 301 days. In 2018, Nikki Bella main evented WWE’s first—and, thus far, only—all-women’s pay-per-view opposite Ronda Rousey. 

Perhaps the legit Hall of Fame credentials of a Jushin “Thunder” Liger, whose legendary career make him a Hall of Famer in among even the pickiest voters, has forced (middle-age male) fans to unfairly compare his career with that of the Bella Twins, who spent much of their early career climbing an uphill battle as women wrestlers in WWE.

WWE has decidedly less stringent standards as to who gets into the Hall of Fame. Instead of a voting committee, the decision of who earns this honor rests with Vince McMahon himself. And unlike any other wrestling Hall of Fame, more than one million people tune in to watch it annually. 

The Bellas’ Hall of Fame induction has naturally sparked several debates across social media, as many longtime Bella detractors argue against the induction of two women who have a legit claim as trailblazers in WWE, as overused as that term can be in this industry.

1 person likes this

This shit get reported every 3 months but yes when it eventually happens, I WILL be scrapping with the smarks on Twitter.

ePm2p6m.gif

7 people like this

The Bellalution rolls on, perched for my Twitter ban when the straights start acting wild.

2 people like this

they deserve it, but can't we wait a few more years? or do more females, and add molly + victoria too like the fuck 

2 people like this

The happy ending keeps getting happier. They most definitely can, and should wait a bit though.960x0.jpg?fit=scale

2 people like this

Happy for them! ❤️

4 hours ago, FROOT said:

they deserve it, but can't we wait a few more years? or do more females, and add molly + victoria too like the fuck 

4 hours ago, Angelic said:

The happy ending keeps getting happier. They most definitely can, and should wait a bit though.960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Yeah. I'm usually of the mind that the HOF for the women doesn't need to be chronological, it should be about the most influential names going in whenever. But with that said they're first ballot hall of famers. It's not a matter of if, but when, and I'm sure they'll get called every single year until they decide to accept. Just if it's this soon, it doesn't feel as satisfying to me, if that makes sense. I wanna miss them a bit and see how their impact continues to permeate so it can really be meaningful and important, whereas as now it just feels like WWE trying to capitalize off the attention they got for their pregnancy announcement. But yeah, if we're still only getting one woman each year, I really want Molly or even Mickie to get it of the conceivable options.

11 people like this

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Yeah. I'm usually of the mind that the HOF for the women doesn't need to be chronological, it should be about the most influential names going in whenever. But with that said they're first ballot hall of famers. It's not a matter of if, but when, and I'm sure they'll get called every single year until they decide to accept. Just if it's this soon, it doesn't feel as satisfying to me, if that makes sense.

This. It makes perfect sense because I feel the same way. They just said goodbye, let it sink in that they're really gone and WWE has moved on without them. It still honestly hasn't sank all the way in because their impact is still so direct and recent. Wait it out a bit, then surprise us at the WM where Bianca is defending against Io with AJ inducting them. 

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I wanna miss them a bit and see how their impact continues to permeate so it can really be meaningful and important, whereas as now it just feels like WWE trying to capitalize off the attention they got for their pregnancy announcement. But yeah, if we're still only getting one woman each year, I really want Molly or even Mickie to get it of the conceivable options.

! And I REFUSE to have this full circle moment for them soiled by ANYTHING. Especially the lingering feeling that this isn't as genuine as it could be. And that it's mediocre because they're not doing it for the Bellas and them to realize how much they impacted us and how much they mean to us, but for their benefit and to feed their egos. As fucking usual. Not with MY legends.

2 people like this

So it would be perfectly fine to induct this male who has never been employed by WWE over two 10+ year veterans in the Bellas? Ikyfl.

4 people like this

Period POOH. Don't even have energy to argue with smarks about it, if it happens, it happens.

Kiss the ring and shut up.

ePm2p6m.gif

6 people like this

I kinda agree that they should wait a little bit, as totally deserving as they are. However we know how fickle WWE can be, and the twins have some mainstream pull and they're in really good favor right now with the dual pregnancy which I feel is influencing them going in this year. So let's just get them in now before WWE can change their mind later.

ePm2p6m.gif

3 people like this

They definitely deserve it but I feel that it is too early. 

1 person likes this

Is this why Legend Eva was doing an interview with WWE?

giphy.gif

I agree that it's a bit too early, but it is absolutely deserving. I'm sure they're doing it this soon so they could document it for Total Bella's before it loses momentum like TD did.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Angelic said:

This. It makes perfect sense because I feel the same way. They just said goodbye, let it sink in that they're really gone and WWE has moved on without them. It still honestly hasn't sank all the way in because their impact is still so direct and recent. Wait it out a bit, then surprise us at the WM where Bianca is defending against Io with AJ inducting them. 

! And I REFUSE to have this full circle moment for them soiled by ANYTHING. Especially the lingering feeling that this isn't as genuine as it could be. And that it's mediocre because they're not doing it for the Bellas and them to realize how much they impacted us and how much they mean to us, but for their benefit and to feed their egos. As fucking usual. Not with MY legends.

Exactly. Like, if true, I'll definitely obviously be happy for them and fight off the weirdos. But you expanded on my feelings perfectly. I know for the most part, the smarks are never gonna appreciate them, but I definitely believe in the term "absence makes the heart grow fonder". So to see them go out the way they did, getting verbally disrespected by Ronda and losing to her, then just over a year later get into the HOF, I'm sure will nurture more resentment/hatred from their detractors (even non-fans who may not dislike them, but aren't particularly fans either) which rains on the whole thing. Rather than, like we said, having them be missed and appreciated in hindsight, and triumphantly return to get their HOF rings.

But I guess we'll see what comes of this and if it happens, then it'll be what it'll be :clap: 

2 people like this

Nikki deserves her induction but leave it to after she's had her baby and give it to Molly/Stacy/Sable/Mickie this year.