Mariah.

Happy Black History Month: The Underrated and Overlooked

16 posts in this topic

Image result for black history month banner (image courtesy of The Phoenix)

In honor of black history month, I'd love for everyone to give shine to some black actors or black fictional characters or black movies/TV series that have been/are often overlooked and underappreciated, and deserve far more recognition than they receive. Let's honor the black excellence.

giphy.gif

5 people like this

I'll start by posting this cute video I saw on Twitter recognizing some black women's wrestlers, since I figure it's the right way to start this thread given our roots:

Also shout out to Sasha Banks, Kofi Kingston, Big E, Xavier Woods, Apollo Crews, Ricochet, Street Profits, Lio Rush, Bobby Lashley...

6 people like this

4 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

1216-GQ-FABO04-01-breakouts-Trevante-Rho

Vexed with the Oscars curse

m8E9ta1.gif

Like! Besides being sexy and charming as hell, he's legitimately a great, natural actor and has so much charisma in front of the cameras. He deserves to be HUGE. Ashton Sanders as well. I'm glad Jharrel Jerome got his things at the Emmys at least, but he better be kept propped up with the white men of young Hollywood (Timothee, Ansel, Tom).

1 person likes this

MARIAH CAREY DESERVED MAGGOT GYLLENHAAL'S SPOT FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS!!!!!!

1 person likes this

MARIAH CAREY DESERVED AS OSCAR NOM ON BEST ORIGINAL SONG FOR WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS, NEVER TOO FAR, RIGHT TO DREAM AND THE STAR

1 person likes this

A few of my fave Black actresses:

Issa Rae, Leslie Jones, Viola Davis, Gabrielle Union, Kerry Washington, Whoopi Goldberg, Regina Hall, Jada Pinkett Smith

2 people like this

I’ll say Dominique Jackson from Pose. She is so fantastic in her role. 

And I’ll add Jharrel Jerome as well. I hope he gets huge in the new year because he is one of the best actors I’ve ever seen period. 

1 person likes this

And shoutout to this goddess who killed Awards season :clap: 

3 people like this

also cameron always seems to get ignored when it comes to black wrestlers. she was so fun to watch and i know her career isn't exactly hof worthy but she deserved so much better

4 people like this

6 hours ago, shumiley said:

also cameron always seems to get ignored when it comes to black wrestlers. she was so fun to watch and i know her career isn't exactly hof worthy but she deserved so much better

Period. Mawma was a natural, and especially once she turned heel. Acting came natural to her, she owned the mic, and she wasn't terrible in the ring but still had the drive to improve. All things that are hard to find, especially given who's on top right now.

(Except Bayley, I feel like she actually is often in the PC wanting to do better, whether or not she accomplishes it is a different story.)

2 people like this

Also, I feel shes underrated AND underutilized and you will never stop hearing me say it. Deal with it.

tenor.gif?itemid=8502079

She gives everyone's favs classics constantly, and while she normally gets her credit from the CONSUMERS, she gets shafted by the people who should be giving her more. I'll be the first to say I fell off of her when they were starting her face turn and she was undefeated for no reason. But the FACT of the matter is she's that girl. Queen works hard and her ring psychology is undeniable. I swear if only she spoke English, these mortals wouldn't have shiT to say about her. She's had an attitude a few times, but i dare someone to say they weren't in their feelings, being the best employee at their job but still getting passed over and treated like shit. WWE isn't gonna realize what they got until she's gone. I would even go so far as to say she's very likely this gen's Natalya. I'm open to telling anyone they're wrong by suggesting otherwise.

Sasha-Banks-big-busty-gif.gif

1 hour ago, Angelic said:

Period. Mawma was a natural, and especially once she turned heel. Acting came natural to her, she owned the mic, and she wasn't terrible in the ring but still had the drive to improve. All things that are hard to find, especially given who's on top right now.

(Except Bayley, I feel like she actually is often in the PC wanting to do better, whether or not she accomplishes it is a different story.)

:dead:

1 person likes this

Actresses 

Regina Hall

Gabrielle Union

Vivica A Fox

Jada Pinkett

Movies

Set It Off

Music 

Mya ❤️

Angelica Ross from Pose! I’m OBSESSED with her!!!

That clip posted above really makes me miss both Alicia and Ember 🥺