Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Coronavirus Thread | US records highest number of cases globally

96 posts in this topic

Live update of 530K+ confirmed global cases

Top 10 per number of cases:

1. United States (83,206) (1,201 deaths)
  2. China (81,285) (3,278 deaths)
  3. Italy (80,589) (8,215 deaths)
  4. Spain (57,786) (4,365 deaths)
  5. Germany (43,938) (267 deaths)
  6. Iran (29,406) (2,234 deaths)
  7. France (29,155) (1,696 deaths)
  8. Switzerland (11,811) (191 deaths)
  9. United Kingdom (11,658) (578 deaths)
  10. South Korea (9,241) (131 deaths)

Symptoms

As the coronavirus continues to spread across the globe, the news is coming at a fast and furious pace. But don’t let the volume send you into a panic about your health and that of your loved ones.

“The mantra is, ‘Keep calm and carry on,’” said Dr. Marguerite Neill, an infectious disease expert at Brown University.

Here’s a list of frequently asked questions about the coronavirus outbreak and its symptoms.

What symptoms should I look out for?

Symptoms of this infection include fever, a dry cough, fatigue and difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. The illness causes lung lesions and pneumonia. Some of these symptoms overlap with those of the flu, making detection difficult, but runny noses and stuffy sinuses are not normally among the first symptoms.

Patients may also exhibit gastrointestinal problems or diarrhea. Most people fall ill five to seven days after exposure, but symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as many as 14 days.

In some cases, people who had appeared stable rapidly deteriorate in the second week; anyone infected needs careful monitoring.

How to respond if you’re sick

If you think you’re sick as a result of the novel coronavirus, you can help safeguard your loved ones and community by staying at home, except to get medical care.

The current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that you call a medical professional if you notice symptoms and

Live in or have traveled to an area with a known coronavirus outbreak

or

Have had close contact with someone who has traveled to an area with an outbreak

or

Have had close contact with anyone infected.

Call your doctor or health professional before you go. That will help him or her prepare for your visit and prevent the spread of the virus to other people in the office. Be sure to wear a mask when you go to the doctor’s office and when you’re around other people. If you cannot find a mask, you can create a makeshift one from a cloth or T-shirt.

Get an informed guide to the global outbreak with our daily coronavirusnewsletter.

The C.D.C. also suggests that you avoid public transportation, ride-sharing services and taxis, and that you separate yourself from other people and animals in your home as soon as possible. That means not letting anyone enter your room and, ideally, not sharing bathrooms. Others should stay more than three feet away from you and avoid any surface you might have coughed on or touched, including doorknobs, plates, cups and towels.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-symptoms-flu.html

Breaking reports

It spread to my state. Should I be worried?

l2bh6pe.gif

2 minutes ago, Layout said:

It spread to my state. Should I be worried?

l2bh6pe.gif

As long as you practice good hygiene you should be fine. I ordered some reusable N95 masks for good measure though, but they don’t come for another 2 weeks.

l2bh6pe.gif

1 person likes this

y'all in the top 10 nasty huh

l2bh6pe.gif

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

y'all in the top 10 nasty huh

l2bh6pe.gif

Canada to the US when they’re surpassed in cases

Un4JVU5.gifcTRtNEF.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Don Draper said:

Canada to the US when they’re surpassed in cases

Un4JVU5.gifcTRtNEF.gif

1OKPkJw.gif

2 people like this

It’s so scary seeing the discrepancy in disease management by country. Asian countries enforcing comprehensive testing while Europe and the US are slow to respond. 

cTRtNEF.gif

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

As long as you practice good hygiene you should be fine. I ordered some reusable N95 masks for good measure though, but they don’t come for another 2 weeks.

l2bh6pe.gif

My Naomi Campbell era is here

1583407669351-naomi.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A1xh%

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Layout said:

My Naomi Campbell era is here

1583407669351-naomi.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A1xh%

Everyone showing up at the club for an HB meet up

kccqa1huf4k41.jpg

8 people like this

Sick of hearing about it. I hate living with fear/paranoia. 

I honestly wish the news exposed the faces of those with the sickness so we know who to avoid. 

GZJJLw4.gif

Not the italians they have

Spoiler

big cawks! 

It's in my city; so i guess I'm no longer going outside. 

Sometimes it's not hard to believe that I live in a country where people believe that everything that happens there is a reasoning behind it.

GZJJLw4.gif

I was supposed to go back to Italy for my holidays in April to see my dad, and then this happened (and my flight got cancelled). I'm so worried, 'cause my dad works in hospitals assembling furniture and stuff every week

My lab is staring to accept specimens to send out for testing of this. Joy. We already have been doing our usual flu tests, lots of other flus are still active and infecting people, not just corona. Wash ya damn hands, you'll be fine  

Um so yeah, my uni's classes are all online now. And my store is out of toilet paper. :clitglam:

2 people like this

Thanks for starting this thread @Don Draper:trickie:

It's been reported it's in the next town over from where I work and it's already in my county, which is one of the densest counties in NJ so I'm -

Image result for wwe scared gif

This whole thing has triggered my health anxiety. I'm not so much as worried for myself, I'm in close contact with my elderly grandparents every day, the last thing I want is for them to get this. My friend who works at a newspaper got word yesterday to work from home b/c one of the workers was in contact with a relative w/ flu-like symptoms, hoping whoever that is doesn't have this. 

I'm super annoyed at my editor who keeps insisting our conference in May is still going as planned. Um, sis, *whispers* it probably won't and I lowkey don't want to go up to Boston and potentially get this. All the olds at work right now are still like, "It'S jUsT a FlU" OK, karen, you're 60ish with diabetes, you're one of the vulnerable. SMH. This whole thing has really brought out the dumb.

Image result for wwe scared gif

1 person likes this

eye am not worried, other than for the lack of appropriate response from US health officials. If anything, our government should have been on top of it and aiding countries with bad economies and health care systems like China and Italy

GZJJLw4.gif

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Jeigz said:

eye am not worried, other than for the lack of appropriate response from US health officials. If anything, our government should have been on top of it and aiding countries with bad economies and health care systems like China and Italy

GZJJLw4.gif

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or cases

GZJJLw4.gif

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or cases

GZJJLw4.gif

Us being more likely to die from being trampled by people panic buying toilet paper than from the virus says a lot
GZJJLw4.gif

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Us being more likely to die from being trampled by people panic buying toilet paper than from the virus says a lot
GZJJLw4.gif

I work at Woolies and this has legit nearly happened to me 10 times already. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Mariah. said:

GZJJLw4.gif

Hysteria is basically taking over.

GZJJLw4.gif

2 people like this

Coachella and Stagecoach were officially cancelled and E3 is next. 

I hope WrestleMania is cancelled and WWE loses at ton of money. 

7 hours ago, Kat said:

I work at Woolies and this has legit nearly happened to me 10 times already. 

Stay safe!

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Black Canary said:

Stay safe!

Thanks sis ❤️

2 hours ago, Black Canary said:

Stay safe!

Y’all say this as if people’s jobs won’t be on the line if the company can’t make money. :culture: