Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gl83

WrestleMania 36 Trainwreck Thread

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-There had been a lot of rumors and speculation on WWE possibly re-scheduling WrestleMania 36 for later in the year due to the coronavirus pandemic, before WWE announced that the show is "Too Big For One Night!" and will be held on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5. WWE went ahead with taping the show this week from closed-set locations, and those tapings are now complete.

WrestleMania 36 went ahead because of one person - WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

It was reported by PWInsider that of the many people who they spoke to, from wrestlers to behind-the-scenes workers, word is that the only person who felt the company should have moved forward with WrestleMania 36 was Vince. The WWE boss is said to be the only person who wanted WrestleMania to happen in early April, and he's the reason they did move forward with the plans for tapings.

As noted earlier at this link, Vince reportedly oversaw all of the recent WWE TV tapings from the Performance Center, and the majority of the WrestleMania 36 tapings, if not all of them. There had been some speculation on Vince possibly sitting the tapings out due to his age putting him at risk with the coronavirus, but that didn't happen.

WrestleMania 36 was taped this week and is scheduled to air on April 4th and 5th on the WWE Network.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/backstage-talk-on-vince-mcmahon-moving-forward-with-668442/

-WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champion The Miz reportedly did not work the WrestleMania 36 tapings in Orlando this week.

The Miz was in Orlando, but did not work the show, according to PWInsider. It was noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Miz was sick, which played a factor in Roman Reigns deciding not to work the show against WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg.

No other details on Miz being sick were available as of this writing. You can read our update on Reigns and his replacement against Goldberg at WrestleMania 36 clicking here.

Tonight's SmackDown on FOX was to feature The New Day vs. The Usos with the winner challenging The Miz and John Morrison for their titles at WrestleMania 36. There's no word yet on what happened to the title match at WrestleMania, but we will keep you updated.

WrestleMania 36 was taped this week and is scheduled to air on April 4th and 5th on the WWE Network.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/spoiler-current-champion-reportedly-chooses-not-to-work-the-668436/

-WWE United States Champion Andrade was pulled from the WrestleMania 36 tapings this week, according to PWInsider.

Andrade was scheduled to team with Angel Garza to challenge RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits for their titles, but he is currently injured. Word is that Andrade likely suffered a rib injury this past Monday on RAW as he and Garza defeated the team of Ricochet and Cedric Alexander. They then had a post-match run-in with The Street Profits.

Andrade was not medically cleared to compete as of the WrestleMania 36 tapings on Wednesday and Thursday.

There's no confirmation on his replacement, but it was reported that a WWE NXT Superstar was brought up to team with Garza in the match against The Street Profits.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/spoiler-another-wwe-champion-off-the-wrestlemania-36-card-668449/

Edited by gl83
1 person likes this

:skull:

1 person likes this

WWE, single handedly keeping the covid alive.

-As many expected, the coronavirus pandemic has wrecked havoc on the WrestleMania card. As previously reported, Roman Reigns, Rey Mysterio, Dana Brooke, The Miz, Jerry Lawler, Murphy and Paige have either been pulled or have chosen not to travel or wrestle due to the pandemic.

Wrestling Inc. has also learned that Cesaro and WWE Women's Tag Team Champion Asuka are also out of action at the moment.

At one point, Asuka was slated to team with Kairi Sane to defend the Women's Tag Team Championship against Beth Phoenix and Natalya. Those plans were apparently changed, as WWE had been teasing Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross facing Asuka & Sane.

It's not known if Asuka and Cesaro haven't been cleared, or if they are choosing not to wrestle right now.

It should be noted that while some WWE stars have been sick and / or quarantined, as of Thursday, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that they were told that nobody in the company has tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/exclusive-news-on-more-wwe-stars-not-wrestling-during-668461/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

......So will WWE have Io "freebird" the tag titles.....?

15 minutes ago, gl83 said:

......So will WWE have Io "freebird" the tag titles.....?

they don’t care about those titles anyway, but yes. we all know they think the POC are interchangeable.

:stephanie: 

we’re still ready for the WWE season finale! any day now, Vince!

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

they don’t care about those titles anyway, but yes. we all know they think the POC are interchangeable.

we’re still ready for the WWE season finale! any day now, Vince!

Just realized.....who do they even have in the tag team division!? You have Bliss Cross and the Kabuki Warriors, but who else. According to reports they were planning to break up Fire & Desire; Bayley & Sasha are going to split and feud over the Smackdown Women's title; The IIconics are MIA; The Riott Squad have imploded.

At this point, maybe they should've moved the titles to NXT last year when they had the chance.

26 minutes ago, gl83 said:

Just realized.....who do they even have in the tag team division!? You have Bliss Cross and the Kabuki Warriors, but who else. According to reports they were planning to break up Fire & Desire; Bayley & Sasha are going to split and feud over the Smackdown Women's title; The IIconics are MIA; The Riott Squad have imploded.

At this point, maybe they should've moved the titles to NXT last year when they had the chance.

They should really start creating new teams. Fabulous Glow was really cute, it's obvious neither of them are gonna be smackdown women's champion anytime soon, so why not have them chase the tag titles. Maybe Nia/Tamina too, after Nia returns and feuds with Becky. 

1 person likes this

This is really like making me physically upset :skull: 

4 people like this

Wow the spoiler of who replaces Andrade will get me to watch WM.

I know we kii about not watching WWE after a poorly received PPV for banter, but the company’s glaring welfare issues is enough for me to stop watching completely, period. This is morally reprehensible.

GZJJLw4.gif

4 people like this

Still going ahead with this show is one of the worst decisions this company has made, honestly. It was one thing a couple weeks ago when they announced it but the situation is constantly changing and if they didn't call it off before, they should've by now. Is putting on what's guaranteed to be a subpar Mania with no crowd and many sitting out really worth endangering lives and/or the risk of extremely bad press should there be someone who tests positive because they were at or travelling for these PC events? Roman having to take himself off the card is bad enough since he would've not only been allowed, felt obligated to (if it took until the last minute) but likely was encouraged to go ahead otherwise.

Those fans they're going to "make happy" can use this time to watch/reminisce on past events from the comfort of their home if they must but honestly should find a new interest if they're that obsessed. The talent whose entire lives revolve around the WWE schedule and wrestling every week will understandably struggle, especially those away from their families, but should've all been sent home as well.

8 people like this

The tapings being done doesn't mean they're in the clear either, like I'm sure they believe.

AEW are clowns for still running shows too, particularly since they don't even have a big annual event with a long history that they've done the majority of the build for coming up (not that I think that's a valid excuse). Maybe use this time to air more personal or character based content since nobody knows who any of your roster besides the ex-WWE stars are.

5 people like this

47 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

The tapings being done doesn't mean they're in the clear either, like I'm sure they believe.

AEW are clowns for still running shows too, particularly since they don't even have a big annual event with a long history that they've done the majority of the build for coming up (not that I think that's a valid excuse). Maybe use this time to air more personal or character based content since nobody knows who any of your roster besides the ex-WWE stars are.

Yep they're just as bad. It really speaks to how carny like and embarrassing this industry still is in the year 2020. It's sick.

7 people like this

42 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Yep they're just as bad. It really speaks to how carny like and embarrassing this industry still is in the year 2020. It's sick.

!!! Wrestlers will never be essential workers. They may have to produce content weekly but they're in the realm of television, film and theatre all of which are SHUT DOWN.

6 people like this

These shows are stupid without an audience.. I really don't see the point. Matches are so boring without the crowd.

2 people like this

I hope certain wrestlers who are smart enough learn from this since they didn’t from the Saudi Arabia incident & I also hope this brings us closer to WWE finally ending for good. It has run its course and they get progressively worse by the year. 

GZJJLw4.gif

The stupidity jumped out. Can’t believe they still went ahead with it. The whole roster needs a break after this WrestleMania.

Heard Bobby Lashley is out of Mania now as well. 

Sad thing is that this show actually had a decent card, considering how terrible the product has been. :summersmile: I have zero interest in watching the show though. Knowing it's pre-taped as well. :michael: A mess all around. It really was the worst possible timing. 

However, I understand why they went through with it. Delaying it made no sense since most of the card was announced already and no one knows when things will return to normal (the problem hasn't been getting any better). Also, they already built up most of the show so they might as well get it over with so people can get their WM payday.

BUT there is no point in doing shows after this. Just air classic episodes of Raw and Smackdown in their time slots for now (I wouldn't be surprised if airing older episodes got higher ratings :skull:).

WWE should use this as an opportunity for a complete reset, which is badly needed.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Kat said:

Heard Bobby Lashley is out of Mania now as well. 

Wasn't it already filmed?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, blond. said:

Wasn't it already filmed?

I’m honestly not sure if it has been filmed yet or not. 

1 hour ago, blond. said:

Sad thing is that this show actually had a decent card, considering how terrible the product has been. :summersmile: I have zero interest in watching the show though. Knowing it's pre-taped as well. :michael: A mess all around. It really was the worst possible timing. 

However, I understand why they went through with it. Delaying it made no sense since most of the card was announced already and no one knows when things will return to normal (the problem hasn't been getting any better). Also, they already built up most of the show so they might as well get it over with so people can get their WM payday.

BUT there is no point in doing shows after this. Just air classic episodes of Raw and Smackdown in their time slots for now (I wouldn't be surprised if airing older episodes got higher ratings :skull:).

WWE should use this as an opportunity for a complete reset, which is badly needed.

They already filmed a few weeks of Raw, NXT, and Smackdown.

3 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

They already filmed a few weeks of Raw, NXT, and Smackdown.

For the love of God. I hate Vince so much.

1 person likes this