Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

AEW to start filming live shows again on May 6th

5 posts in this topic

🤓

AEW plans on returning live in the coming weeks.

As first reported Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, AEW plans to resume taping shows, likely live, beginning on May 6. Shows will be held at Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL. AEW confirmed the news to Fightful on Friday.

AEW taped months of content in Florida, and then Georgia before the states issued stay-at-home orders. They reportedly had enough content to take them into Double or Nothing, which is scheduled for May 23. Double or Nothing is currently without an announced venue, though it is still scheduled to air on pay-per-view.

On April 9, Florida deemed WWE "essential business" under the guise "employees at a professional sports and media production with a national audience -- including any athletes, entertainers, production team, executive team, media team and any others necessary to facilitate including services supporting such production -- only if the location is closed to the general public."

The memo would allow AEW to run shows in Florida under those terms. Florida's stay-at-home order does end on April 30.

AEW held live shows at Daily's Place in Jacksonville before the stay-at-home order was issued in Florida, at which point they moved shows to the Nightmare Factory in Georgia, taping content, including the entire TNT Title Tournament, before the stay-at-home order went into place in Georgia.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-aew-plans-resume-live-shows-56-jacksonville

While I do enjoy having stuff to watch to distract me from the apocalypse, I'm still conflicted as to how safe it is to still be producing these live shows & tapings. That said, I'm curious to see the mental gymnastics that diehard AEW smarks will do to justify this after rallying against WWE for doing the same.

2 people like this

Girl ain't nobody gonna be there.

2 people like this

Waiting for the world to drag them like they’ve done wwe.

5m2XYsd.gif

1 person likes this