Mariah.

David Arquette Returning as 'Dewey Riley' for "Scream 5"

9 posts in this topic

Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett of the filmmaking group Radio Silence are on board to direct the project.

David Arquette is returning to the world of Scream.

The actor, who played the memorable role of Dewey Riley in the previous four outings of the genre-skewing horror movie series, will reprise the character for the relaunch being made by Spyglass Media Group, the company announced today.

Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett of the filmmaking group Radio Silence are on board to direct the project, making it the first of the franchise that will not be helmed by deceased horror master Wes Craven. Writing are James Vanderbilt, whose credits range from the Adam Sandler yarn Murder Mystery to David Fincher's Zodiac, and Guy Busick, who co-wrote Radio Silence's sleeper horror hit Ready or Not as well as episodes of Castle Rock.

Kevin Williamson, the screenwriter who originated the franchise, has returned for the relaunch and is executive producing.

Plot details are being kept under the pale mask, but with Arquette's return and previous news that the filmmakers and producers were having conversations with Neve Campbell, who headlined the original trilogy, show that the relaunch won't be a complete severing of old ties. Arquette's well-intentioned if not always effective Riley was a deputy in the first movie who over the course of the series became sheriff.

"I am thrilled to be playing Dewey again and to reunite with my Scream family, old and new," enthused Arquette. "Scream has been such a big part of my life, and for both the fans and myself, I look forward to honoring Wes Craven’s legacy."

Spyglass is aiming to begin principal photography later this year in Wilmington, North Carolina, when safety protocols are in place.

Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak are producing via their banner, Project X.

"It's impossible to fully express how much Wes Craven's work and the Scream movies in particular mean to us as fans and have influenced us as storytellers," said Radio Silence in a statement. "Kevin Williamson's incredible stories have entertained and inspired us for decades and we're insanely honored to have the opportunity to be a part of the cinematic world Wes and Kevin so brilliantly created together. Jamie and Guy's amazing script does that legacy justice and we're so excited to bring the next chapter of Scream to life."

Source

We wanted a reboot @Amlex....

1 person likes this

They're gonna ruin everything!

1 person likes this

If he doesn’t die in this movie. :brandon:

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

If he doesn’t die in this movie. :brandon:

When Sidney ends up being the killer because she's sick of this shit. :brandon:

6 people like this

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

When Sidney ends up being the killer because she's sick of this shit. :brandon:

Im here for it she better slash Cotton’s fine ass afterwards.

This is going to be a mess. What are they going to do now? An anniversary? Sidney releasing a book? They already did all that in Scream 4 :brandon:

Also Courteney Cox is almost 60 :brandon:

2 people like this

It's really gonna be so sad and dumb for them to go through their entire adult life fighting killers, only to wind up dead. Can Sidney live in fucking peace, damn. :brandon: 

5 people like this

On 5/19/2020 at 0:44 AM, Twisted Bliss said:

Im here for it she better slash Cotton’s fine ass afterwards.

Girl did you watch Scream 3? :brandon:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Girl did you watch Scream 3? :brandon:

Not me having a whole moment forgetting he got killed in the damn beginning; despite seeing this movie a million times...... :clitglam: 

2 people like this