Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Ember Moon Reveals Her Achilles Injury May Be Career Ending

23 posts in this topic

Advanced issues found

Ember Moon has been out of action since September 2019 when she suffered a ruptured Achilles during a 24/7 Title chase segment.

It is unknown when Moon will return to the ring, and if her comments on Tuesday's WWE Backstage are any indication, it's possible we never see her again.

"I look back at my career in WWE, I've been here five years," Moon said. "Yeah, I could say, I should have been the one to defeat Asuka's streak, or I hope that. I could say, aw, man, me and Bayley from SummerSlam, I wish I'd done more. The more and more I sit back and look at everything I've done and would re-do, I think about my injury currently. Realizing that I may have a career-ending injury. I'm coming back from the hardest injury and I might not have a chance to redeem myself of all the things I wanted to do and I want to do in my future. It's so hard to think back and regret, when I try to look forward."

An emotional Moon continued by saying, "I keep looking forward and pushing forward because this is what I love. This is my passion, this is the only thing I've ever wanted for myself. And I want that opportunity to not look back, but to look forward and be better than ever before. It's so hard to look back. It really is. I hope that I do have more matches. I'm going to prove to you guys that I'm worth redeeming those mistakes and those regrets. It's just going to be awhile before I do so."

Booker T and Mark Henry, who were on the panel with Ember, gave her encouragement, both believing that she will come back stronger.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/ember-moon-reveals-her-achilles-injury-may-be-career-ending

I hope this is just Ember setting up for a big comeback. It would be a shame for her in-ring career to end so soon.

1 person likes this

Omg not career ending? Isn't this the same injury she got because she put her all into chasing someone down randomly instead of going at the roughly 50% that was required? :michael:

Her whole WWE career so far has been unfortunate, It always feels like she is about to get something going and then just gets injured. If I remember right this is like her fourth injury in the 5 years since she signed. She's so talented in the ring so it would be a shame if she can never wrestle again but maybe it might just be the best for her health in the long run.

8 people like this

Advanced issue found

25 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Omg not career ending? Isn't this the same injury she got because she put her all into chasing someone down randomly instead of going at the roughly 50% that was required? :michael:

You're right. In one of those 24/7 title segments. :crying2:

2 people like this

I hate that it took a moment like this to make her hungry after leaving Nxt. Hopefully she gets to return, and show out once and for all in their women’s division.

3 people like this

She’s a fantastic wrestler. I’d be pissed if this is the end. But I doubt it. I believe! ❤️

2 people like this

I hope she can recover fully. It would be a serious shame to see her have to retire. 

2 people like this

This news makes me so sad...but also mad, lemme explain. Ember is so talented but, for whatever reason NXT/WWE just never capitalized on building a striking character for her when the pieces are already there! She's so different, her warrior, werewolf-maiden look could really be turned into something but, it's never become anything and for that I'll forever be salty. 

Charlotte Flair Serious GIF - CharlotteFlair Serious Angry ...

4 people like this

I miss her and she never got the chance to really have THAT match on the MR. Summer slam could’ve been that match because Bayley is great at pulling out amazing matches. Poor thing never got the chance to have a character. To think she and Sasha could’ve been on the same brand, the superior brand right now and tearing it down together, omg. I hope she doesn’t go out like this, I wish her the best.

3 people like this

It’s unfortunate that even she knows how underwhelming her career has been, so for THAT to be it :uhh: Yeah, I’m rooting for her to come back. She deserves another chance. All I have to say is, they better have something for her. She really had nothing to really work with. That Bayley feud... Chile- a whole disaster 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Layout said:

It’s unfortunate that even she knows how underwhelming her career has been, so for THAT to be it :uhh: Yeah, I’m rooting for her to come back. She deserves another chance. All I have to say is, they better have something for her. She really had nothing to really work with. That Bayley feud... Chile- a whole disaster 

That feud should be erased from her career and never talked about every again.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

This news makes me so sad...but also mad, lemme explain. Ember is so talented but, for whatever reason NXT/WWE just never capitalized on building a striking character for her when the pieces are already there! She's so different, her warrior, werewolf-maiden look could really be turned into something but, it's never become anything and for that I'll forever be salty. 

Charlotte Flair Serious GIF - CharlotteFlair Serious Angry ...

Her character was all over the place I feel like she was calling herself a different character every week but never explained what it meant etc. She should have still dethroned Asuka I honestly always forget she was NXT Women's Champion. I don't know what she can even do to revamp her character when she comes back now to stand out more.

3 people like this

I hope she'll be able to return to the ring honestly she's one of the best wrestlers on the roster and I would like to see more. Preferable against Naomi, Sasha, Bianca, Asuka, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Her character was all over the place I feel like she was calling herself a different character every week but never explained what it meant etc. She should have still dethroned Asuka I honestly always forget she was NXT Women's Champion. I don't know what she can even do to revamp her character when she comes back now to stand out more.

As far as her character work goes, I would love for her to revert back to her Athena character. The spoiled brat, calling everyone a 'hussy', almost cowardly kind of heel that would be in similar style of the IIconics. She's such a talented person, but as you said her current gimmick really was a bit too all over the place, a combination of everything she's a fan of but nothing ever really sticks.

1 person likes this

flop

Shouldn't have blocked me on twitter

7BD6rLi.png

10 hours ago, Eric said:

Turn heel while going full Mad Max, and she should focus her hatred of Princess into her promo's so we can get some real emotion out of her.

Advanced issue found

9 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Turn heel while going full Mad Max, and she should focus her hatred of Princess into her promo's so we can get some real emotion out of her.

Not Princess sksksks :dead:

I still can't believe she told that story on Lilian's podcast.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Not Princess sksksks :dead:

I still can't believe she told that story on Lilian's podcast.

We need some emotions from Ember not her sounding like a barista.

1 person likes this

I would love for her to come back with the same ish vibe but a new character. 

Like a true neutral character, who only does things because the energy of the universe calls her to.  She answers to no earthly person. Of course the heels wouldn’t take her serious as some hoodoo hippie, but you can validate it by having her make predictions that come true, or by knowing things she shouldn’t. 

idk something simple that she can build on, but still something unique to her 

1 person likes this

On 5/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, Eric said:

That feud should be erased from her career and never talked about every again.

The whole feud was them attacking each other each week after working together, then their Summerslam match was the bathroom break. The definition of a filler feud and Ember is too talented to even be having filler feuds.

1 person likes this

I really thought people were speculating about her returning to face Bayley at Summerslam and had 0 idea this was something that had happened previously. :skull: 

Her career has been a series of unfortunate events and not indicative of her talent. It would be nice to see her get the chance to shine, but for some reason her loosely put-together persona is too fantasy to get her over. That’s what it’s seemed like to me anyway. It would be sad if this injury means the end for her, but I’d hope that if she gets to return that it lights a spark under her to get the recognition she deserves.

carla_av.gif.7248fd3901aa927b40c225e87b4

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Layout said:

The whole feud was them attacking each other each week after working together, then their Summerslam match was the bathroom break. The definition of a filler feud and Ember is too talented to even be having filler feuds.

Not to mention she took a few L's leading into Summerslam as well. It was just a mess and a clear filler because they weren't even trying to build Ember a future champion they just needed someone for Bayley to face at the moment.

1 person likes this