Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Ryan Murphy wants to reboot ‘Glee’

7 posts in this topic

https://people.com/tv/ryan-murphy-wants-to-make-a-glee-do-over-with-ben-platt-and-beanie-feldstein/

Ryan Murphy sure knows how to get hearts pumping!

On Friday, the Glee creator put fans into a frenzy after suggesting the idea of filming a "re-do" of the show's pilot — one that would star Ben Platt and Beanie Feldstein.

He wrote on Instagram: "Imagine it's 2009, and I lived in a world where I knew Lea Michele, Ben Platt and Beanie Feldstein (Ben and Beanie, I believe, were in high school then...and I think they dressed up as Glee characters once for Halloween?) If I had access to that talent, here's the new pilot: Lea and Ben are frenemies who fight for the heart and soul of Glee Club. Ben is also on the football team, and pretty much sleeps with the entire school and is the heartthrob of McKinley. Beanie is their mutual best friend, and torn. Suddenly, Beanie joins forces with Sue Sylvester, joins Glee Club and becomes the main soloist and the ruthless star of the club. Lea and Ben have to then join forces to dethrone her. I WANT TO SHOOT THIS DO OVER PILOT. Maybe I will?"

Last May marked 10 years since the musical comedy-drama first began airing.

“10 years ago we met rachel berry for the first time,” Lea Michele, 32, wrote on Instagram in 2019 alongside a shot of herself in character, standing by her locker.

Clearly feeling the throwback spirit, the actress and singer invited her fans to ask her questions about her time on the show — including whether she’d be interested in reprising her character someday.

Thoughts?

oCRc5a8.gif

AHS officially irrelevant, Hollywood flopping hard, he’s pulling out all the stops to keep his career afloat

oCRc5a8.gif

Let’s not.

oCRc5a8.gif

1 person likes this

This sounds awful

oCRc5a8.gif

1 person likes this

2020 keeps getting worse everyday. 

oCRc5a8.gif

I thought this sounded abhorrent until I saw that he wants to include Emma Roberts in it too. Maybe we should hear him out!

oCRc5a8.gif

If it was like the first 3 seasons, I'm in. Otherwise no.