Jacqulee

Vince McMahon Reportedly Changes His Mind on a WWE Push Again

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

shayna-baszler-900x480.jpg

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is reportedly not sold on Shayna Baszler as a top heel Superstar yet.

Baszler has a big fan in RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman and there has been talk of giving her a significant push. At one point there were plans for Baszler to win the 2020 Women’s Royal Rumble Match, but she was eliminated by current WWE NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair instead. Baszler was also scheduled to win the Women’s Money In the Bank briefcase a few weeks ago, but plans were changed and Asuka won.

Now word is that Vince has apparently changed his mind on Baszler again, according to Paul Davis of WrestlingNews. It was noted that Baszler will eventually move into the RAW Women’s Title picture this year, but Vince is still not 100% sold on her as a top heel yet.

There was no timeframe given on Baszler’s big push to the title. She just defeated Natalya two weeks in a row, winning a Submission Match this week on RAW. It’s believed that Nia Jax will get the next title shot from RAW Women’s Champion Asuka, but Baszler could be the challenger for around SummerSlam time, depending on Vince changing his mind again.

Source: https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vince-mcmahon-is-still-not-willing-to-give-a-big-push-to-a-wwe-raw-star/

Thoughts?

Edited by Jacqulee

Honestly I think a big push for her should wait. She just dominated the NXT Women's Championship scene for two years and when the crowds were there she was already getting "boring" chants which indicated that the fans aren't really interested in seeing her involved in the main roster title scene just yet. 

We don’t need a female Brock Lesnar. Frankly im tired of these dominating forces in the title picture. Pair her up with Ruby and give her SOME PERSONALITY and have them terrorize the tag division and give them something to do in the process. 

She lost at Mania, and didn’t even make an impact at MITB her push isn’t happening.

zB3UhAb.gif

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

She lost at Mania, and didn’t even make an impact at MITB her push isn’t happening.

zB3UhAb.gif

Right. I think she'll probably get a title match against Asuka but she's not winning.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Kevin Thomas said:

Right. I think she'll probably get a title match against Asuka but she's not winning.

They had 2 chances to make her a thing, and Vince said no on both occasions it’s a wrap.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Twisted Bliss said:

They had 2 chances to make her a thing, and Vince said no on both occasions it’s a wrap.

We love to see it!

zB3UhAb.gif

4 people like this

Good enough for me.

zB3UhAb.gif

3 people like this

anywaydoe

mbxaJQu.gif

3 people like this

Give whatever her push should have been to Bianca.

zB3UhAb.gif

2 people like this

so we got literally the worst elimination chamber of all time for what reason

mbxaJQu.gif

8 people like this

For once, Vince is right.

Im glad Vince isn’t completely far gone at this point, because she’s not a top anything. You want a top heel, Nia has the potential, but that sucks because Bianca is right there, and Ruby has been right there.

I’m laughing at people thinking this all can’t change in a week though. “He changed his mind twice, it ain’t happening ever” mawma this is Vince we’re talking about. The same way he changed his mind that way, he could completely abandon his plans and have Asuka lose her title randomly for no purpose at all. Imagine that huh.

She is boring and was literally the reason why I quit watching NXT. No wonder RAW ratings are now tanking also. Get her off my TV please, thanks.

zB3UhAb.gif

1 person likes this

Tbh the top heel position on Raw should’ve went to Ruby. 

1 person likes this

Wasn't she supposed to win the first MYC tournament, and Vince changed those plans as well? It's kinda evident, if true, that he doesn't see IT in her. Of course, that's been true about performers in the last while and has worked against their plans (Daniel Bryan, Becky, Roman), but fans have consistently criticized Shayna for being too boring. She's a good grappler, no doubt about it, but her dominating got boring. Asuka, at least, pulled off great matches with Nia, Bayley, Ember, and gave Mickie her strongest match since she returned. Shayna was never the must-see woman in the division, especially when dealing with Kairi, Ember, Bianca, and Io. Have the fellow horseys even been seen since Shayna lost her title? The fact they were saved over people like Drake or Sarah is laughable.

13 hours ago, Jacqulee said:

Now word is that Vince has apparently changed his mind on Baszler again, according to Paul Davis of WrestlingNews.

I wonder if all the matches she's been winning tipped him off.

zB3UhAb.gif

I'm sick and tired of one person being champion for a year now and the same thing would have happened with her boring ass.

zB3UhAb.gif

2 people like this