Mariah.

Henry Cavill In Talk to Reprise Superman Role in Future DC Movies

9 posts in this topic

EXCLUSIVE: While there is not a Man of Steel sequel in the works, we’re hearing that Henry Cavill is in talks to reprise his role as Superman in the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

We hear Cavill could come back in a couple of different ways, not a standalone film, but there are plans to put him back in the big red cape again sources with knowledge tell us.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.

When reached, Warner Bros. provided no comment.

Cavill made a surprise appearance on Zach Snyder’s Vero Watch Party for Man of Steel last week. At the end of that session, Snyder announced that his director’s cut of Justice League is heading to HBO Max in 2021. Cavill played Superman in Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman and Justice League. 

Cavill is repped by WME, the Garcia Companies, and Gang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman.

Source

1 person likes this

Glad DC are coming to their senses.

superman-glasses-1536776870-1536776872.g

4 people like this

They better secure him for the role again. 

1 person likes this

Interesting. I wonder why it wouldn't be another standalone film

Woah wait, WW84 & Suicide Squad have been canned? As in their not doing them at all or they’ve been canned until Covid is over? 

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Woah wait, WW84 & Suicide Squad have been canned? As in their not doing them at all or they’ve been canned until Covid is over? 

Suicide Squad idk, they’re waiting on a release for WW84 because of this all though. The marketing cycle went out literally as this all began which sucks but they’re not going to just shelve it when it’s finished and they’ve spent all that they have on it. 

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Kat said:

Both are still coming, they just don't know when yet with the virus. But both are filmed and ready, WW84 moreso since like Jeigz said, they already were marketing before shit hit the fan. I had my WW84 Doritos bag :rot: 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Both are still coming, they just don't know when yet with the virus. But both are filmed and ready, WW84 moreso since like Jeigz said, they already were marketing before shit hit the fan. I had my WW84 Doritos bag :rot: 

WW84 was supposed to be out in Australia next week 😭 

And it’s the one movie I was actually looking forward to this year. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Jeigz said:

Suicide Squad idk, they’re waiting on a release for WW84 because of this all though. The marketing cycle went out literally as this all began which sucks but they’re not going to just shelve it when it’s finished and they’ve spent all that they have on it. 

WW84 is literally the one movie I’ve been waiting for all year 😭