Mariah.

Are You That Somebody?

1 post in this topic

oOo5rcG.gif Boy, I've been watching you like the hawk in the sky, that fly and you were my prey
Ambition was Romeo’s most defining trait, relentless in its manifest. There was nothing that he wanted, that he wasn’t willing to do whatever it took in order to achieve it—more often than not, he would fulfill it as well. But the loss of his bright career was perhaps one of his biggest defeats, which would consume and necrose his body as the days advanced. He felt like a corpse without the adoration of millions of fans; without the self-indulgence and opulence of being a revered pop superstar. He wanted to continue being a God. But the world was a cruel place, especially to those who they deemed different, and thus unworthy. His carelessness in regards to his lechery, led to the contraction of HIV, and the revelation snowballed into a public lynching as his status and his sexuality were made known to an audience who weren’t receptive; a world still unkind to the “other”. That unkindness further added fuel into Romeo’s drive. He’d stop at nothing to regain everything he’d lost. And as he laid near naked in bed at twilight hour, his brown skin rich and soft as cocoa butter, and the contours of his abdomen muscles tensing with eager anticipation, he knew where to begin…

Pulling himself out his momentary self-pity, he speeds to his closet to get dressed in his best designer streetwear, then calls for a driver to take him to 'Casa Escobar', just off the beaches of Atlantis. Through his maintained contacts at his record label, he'd been able to gather the whereabouts of the songwriter who made his solo career: August Keller. And 'Casa Escobar', specifically, is where August worked as a server. What Romeo planned to make of this information had previously yet to be decide, but upon deeper reflection, he narrowed it down to a single option, with only two possible methods. Through sex and through intimidation (or violence) he was able to be quite convincing. So intending to form an agreement with the songwriter—in order for him to produce more hits—these were his best options.

As the sun tucks into its bedding of clouds, pulling a sheet of darkness over the Pacific shoreline, Romeo swaggers out the backseat of his luxury vehicle after it pulls out front. He adjusts his leather jacket and his denim trousers, lays his expensive shades to rest on his nose, and then heads into the restaurant, eliciting subdued reactions across the hospitable locale, which he soaks in. A hostess spares no time to guide him to a secluded table and from there, the game commences. Round one.
MONTY
@ris
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• You Get What You Give
      By Mariah.
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 9px; width: 200px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } WE'VE GOT THE DREAMERS DISEASE The cellophane squalls as Emma De Angelo unwinds the tape over her flyer. Battling the rush of wind to plaster the last sheet of baby blue paper onto the cement post of a glowing street light, she then takes a step back to review her request for a full time nanny for Lucas, having still not procured suitable and consistent help. While motherhood was a trade she found herself always managing well enough on her own, the increasing demands of her adult entertainment profession threatened her usual peace of mind. Strict criteria aside, by this point, her desperation was mounting. Desperation which grew tenfold the more she wanted to get to know Bobby Carter intimately, without forcing her child's presence on him. An insecurity which Bobby actively argued against, repeatedly expressing the joy of having Lucas around.

Wrapping Lucas’ chilly hand with her own, Emma continues down the sidewalk and fastens her long, pale blue leather trench coat over her strapless light gray mini dress and matching thick choker. “So how does some soup sound for dinner, my love? Mommy knows this cafe that makes the best chicken noodle.”

“Mommy, may I have McDonalds, please?” Lucas adorably requests as he looks up to his towering mother, her beauty shining down on him like the flare of the sun, despite the sun having set.

“The McDonalds was just for when mommy had to take you with her to work and keep you quiet in the back. We can’t have it all the time. I'll get you a nice little treat for dessert, though,” answers back the amused young woman, still a cub herself. Out in the wilderness, however, her mother bear instinct was at its peak, especially once triggered by a group of passersby. Stopping Emma and her son along their path, the three young men attempt to make conversation.

“Hey gorgeous! Don’t I know you from somewhere?”  interrogates one male with spiked hair, the scent of his strong cologne and pomade clogging the pathway to Emma's lungs. He seemed marginally familiar, but his eyes were hard to trace whilst cloaked by the shadow cast over it by his prominent brow bone.

“You’re probably mistaking me for someone else,” Emma responds as she pulls Lucas closer toward her to create a shield.

“No, no, I doubt I’d forget a face like that…” the man continues amidst the sliding of his tongue across the edge of his bottom bow shaped lip, “or a body. You dance at Sirens, don’t you? We’re all huge, huge fans of your show! And is this little runt your kid? How about you drop him off with a sitter, then you give me a private backstage pass?”

“Move assholes!” the precocious Lucas exclaims with furrowed blond eyebrows, as Emma hoists him onto her hip and retrieves her Nokia cell phone from her pocket.

“Please leave us alone or I’ll call the cops—” MONTY
      @Rainbow Heart
    • Firestarter
      By Maxim
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 10px; width: 200px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } I'm the trouble starter Coming off of the heels of an increasingly stressful week, made markedly better by a reunion with whom he was quickly blossoming feelings for, Bobby decided that he needed a forum to decompress and de-stress. Retreating to his faithful steed, an olive green pickup sitting on 18”—his stallion—he sets off towards a part of town that most justifiably avoided, especially if you weren’t a familiar face. Despite having not been born or raised there, or anywhere even in the vicinity of the state, he knew Marshall’s Point like the back of his hand. The roads beneath his rubber wheels were practically cracked and ground into dust, while graffiti served as birth markings to distinguish the worn buildings. Fences were patched with scraps of steel, and larger chunks of steel in the form of broken down cars garnished the centerpieces of it all, them being the gang members, drug dealers and prostitutes scattered onto every corner. It wasn’t luxurious by any stretch of the imagination, and proved to contradict his efforts to escape his past life, but it was here Bobby would find his nirvana—‘Sweatbox’ Boxing Gym. Occupying old warehouse space and standing three stories tall, a handful of natives would use the property to stay in shape and unleash pent up anger, both being avenues the former marine enjoyed practicing through his most favorite hobby. And with his usual partner in crime, Andrew Avila, briefly falling out of their routine visits following his injury, he arranged a group meet up with both him and a familiar; a familiar who he often teased could benefit from some toughening up.

Pulling up along the sidewalk just out front, Bobby marches toward the metal side door with his gym bag in tow, the window guarded by a cage of steel and the mahogany paint peeling from the body in strips. Swinging it open and swaggering in with his signature cockiness/bravado, he tosses his bag in his designated locker, then peels off his t-shirt to allow the sunlight pouring through the windows to contour the muscles of his already impeccable physique; every peak, every valley, just above his startlingly low hanging jeans and Calvins. He was a show off, to say the least.

He took to the sink closest to the showers to wash a handful of water over his face, both as a means of waking himself up and rinsing away some of the grime and grease from his skin, afterward taking the time to properly observe himself completely in the modest-sized mirror. Despite his occasional tendency of playful haughtiness and swanking, Bobby actually didn’t consider himself overly conceited or anything of the sort. Confident, absolutely, but not at all shallow or superficial. That didn’t mean that he couldn’t take the time out to admire his fruits of hard labor every now and then. He runs his hands down the surface of the deep tinted bronze skin, letting his fingers graze over every shift, every cut and crevice, with appropriate admiration for his objectively well-built frame. Every once in a while, he’d stumble over the harsh texture of a deep rigid scar or the sensitive tissue of a, since-repaired, once-near critical wound, and it’s as if he can recall every dismal memory that accompanies the individual mark. Bobby shifts his frame slightly to the side before returning face-front, giving his body a complete once-over. Battle-tested, he’d definitely call himself. He was a warrior in every sense of the word, for better or worse. But most times he has to improvise without a sword or shield. Bobby doesn’t regret many things in his life—rather, he treats every situation as a catalyst for growth. That said, he’s also abreast of the fact that every action forges reaction; that every cause has a consequence. The grate of the steel door dragging agonizingly on the cold tiled floor is enough to break him from his reverie, before he changes into his boxing shorts and packs his few belongings into the cramped locker space, then heads back out the centerfold.

Aching to emit the steam confined in his hard head, Bobby climbs a heavy punching bag like an animal, wraps his legs around its circumference, then begins his sit ups to warm himself, whilst hanging off. His bare core muscles tighten, each of his many abs taking full iron form as his top half comes parallel with the heavy bag, and falls back to a ‘resting’ position. His endurance and his strength was on full display, almost as though it were a masterful performance to less skilled onlookers. But he thought nothing of it, his focus squarely on his fitness—his one area of strict discipline. With the background track boosting his adrenaline, his action is continuous and fast, drawing heavy sweat from his pores with ease. It's suddenly he’s interrupted by a tap on his dampened shoulder. Transitioning into a handstand, then rotating back to his feet, he catches his breath, stands tall and greets his special guest. “Yo, Drew! You're looking better already, my man!” he roars with a wide grin, offering up their patent handshake, then carefully pulling his friend in for a noogie, keeping the affliction from the shooting in mind.

“Didn't I tell you it was just a scratch? But you just wouldn't stop crying,” he'd add on to tease, punctuating his jest with a wink. “For real though, how you feeling? I know I said we'd take it super easy, despite your doctor telling you this wasn't a good idea either way. But if you feel like you wanna just chill out this time around, let me know straight up. I'm just fucking stoked to see you up an at 'em again, especially so soon." MONTY
      @Cooksie