Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

2020 Emmy Nominations

Emmy_Nominations_83737.jpg

Netflix and HBO’s “Watchmen” dominated the 2020 Emmy nominations, which were announced Tuesday morning. The Emmy awards ceremony will be held on Sept. 20 and broadcast on ABC. It will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.

• Netflix smashed the record for most nominations of any network, studio or streaming service with 160, breaking the record set by HBO last year. HBO came in second with 107 nominations.

• This year’s limited series contest will be a showdown between two ambitious programs that tackled social issues: “Mrs. America,” the drama from FX and Hulu, and HBO’s “Watchmen.”

• Best actress in a drama stacked up to be one of the most competitive categories, with Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston and Zendaya receiving nominations.

I'll leave some relevant categories below and the full list is here, but Watchmen had the most noms with 26, followed by Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with 20, and then Ozark and Succession with 18 each. The Mandalorian and Schitt's Creek also drew attention with 15 nominations each.

Spoiler

Drama Series
      “Better Call Saul” (AMC)
      “The Crown” (Netflix)
      “The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu)
      “Killing Eve” (BBC America/AMC)
      “The Mandalorian” (Disney Plus)
      “Ozark” (Netflix)
      “Stranger Things” (Netflix)
      “Succession” (HBO)

Comedy Series
      “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)
      “Dead to Me” (Netflix)
      “The Good Place” (NBC)
      “Insecure” (HBO)
      “The Kominsky Method” (Netflix)
      “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon Prime Video)
      “Schitt’s Creek” (Pop TV)
      “What We Do in the Shadows” (FX)

Limited Series
      “Little Fires Everywhere” (Hulu)
      “Mrs. America” (Hulu)
      “Unbelievable” (Netflix)
      “Unorthodox” (Netflix)
      “Watchmen” (HBO)

Lead Actor in a Drama Series
      Jason Bateman (“Ozark”)
      Sterling K. Brown (“This Is Us”)
      Steve Carell (“The Morning Show”)
      Brian Cox (“Succession”)
      Billy Porter (“Pose”)
      Jeremy Strong (“Succession”)

Lead Actress in a Drama Series
      Jennifer Aniston (“The Morning Show”)
      Olivia Colman (“The Crown”)
      Jodie Comer (“Killing Eve”)
      Laura Linney (“Ozark”)
      Sandra Oh (“Killing Eve”)
      Zendaya (“Euphoria”)

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
      Anthony Anderson (“Black-ish”)
      Don Cheadle (“Black Monday”)
      Ted Danson (“The Good Place”)
      Michael Douglas (“The Kominsky Method”)
      Eugene Levy (“Schitt’s Creek”)
      Ramy Youssef (“Ramy”)

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
      Christina Applegate (“Dead to Me”)
      Rachel Brosnahan (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
      Linda Cardellini (“Dead to Me”)
      Catherine O’Hara (“Schitt’s Creek”)
      Issa Rae (“Insecure”)
      Tracee Ellis Ross (“Black-ish”)

Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie
      Jeremy Irons (“Watchmen”)
      Hugh Jackman (“Bad Education”)
      Paul Mescal (“Normal People”)
      Jeremy Pope (“Hollywood”)
      Mark Ruffalo (“I Know This Much Is True”)

Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
      Cate Blanchett (“Mrs. America”)
      Shira Haas (“Unorthodox”)
      Regina King (“Watchmen”)
      Octavia Spencer (“Self Made”)
      Kerry Washington (“Little Fires Everywhere”)

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
      Giancarlo Esposito (“Better Call Saul”)
      Bradley Whitford (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)
      Billy Crudup (“The Morning Show”)
      Mark Duplass (“The Morning Show”)
      Nicholas Braun (“Succession”)
      Kieran Culkin (“Succession”)
      Matthew Macfadyen (“Succession”)
      Jeffrey Wright (“Westworld”)

Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
      Andre Braugher (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”)
      William Jackson Harper (“The Good Place”)
      Alan Arkin (“The Kominsky Method”)
      Sterling K. Brown (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
      Tony Shalhoub (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
      Mahershala Ali (“Ramy”)
      Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live”)
      Dan Levy (“Schitt’s Creek”)

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
      Betty Gilpin (“GLOW”)
      D’Arcy Carden (“The Good Place”)
      Yvonne Orji (“Insecure”)
      Alex Borstein (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
      Marin Hinkle (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
      Kate McKinnon (“Saturday Night Live”)
      Cecily Strong (“Saturday Night Live”)
      Annie Murphy (“Schitt’s Creek”)

Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie
      Dylan McDermott (“Hollywood”)
      Jim Parsons (“Hollywood”)
      Tituss Burgess (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs. the Reverend”)
      Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (“Watchmen”)
      Jovan Adepo (“Watchmen”)
      Louis Gossett Jr. (“Watchmen”)

Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
      Holland Taylor (“Hollywood”)
      Uzo Aduba (“Mrs. America”)
      Margo Martindale (“Mrs. America”)
      Tracey Ullman (“Mrs. America”)
      Toni Collette (“Unbelievable”)
      Jean Smart (“Watchmen”)

Reality Competition
      “The Masked Singer” (FOX)
      “Nailed It” (Netflix)
      “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (VH1)
      “Top Chef” (Bravo)
      “The Voice” (NBC)

I'm really pissed the fuck off about the snub for the women of Pose, who frankly CARRY that show more than Billy Porter. MJ is the heart and soul, Indya should have gotten love to make up for her stellar season one work and Angelica's spotlight episode brought tears to my eyes and still gives me goosebumps every time I watch. It's really so blatant what's happening here lol.

The silver lining in this is Watchmen/Regina noms and Zendaya. Hope they win!

Also I don't watch Stranger Things, but I know season 3 wasn't hitting like that, was it? They could have gave that spot to Euphoria or something.

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

I'm really pissed the fuck off about the snub for the women of Pose, who frankly CARRY that show more than Billy Porter. MJ is the heart and soul, Indya should have gotten love to make up for her stellar season one work and Angelica's spotlight episode brought tears to my eyes and still gives me goosebumps every time I watch. It's really so blatant what's happening here lol.

The silver lining in this is Watchmen/Regina noms and Zendaya. Hope they win!

pray tell is important to pose but nominating him over mj/indya/angelica/domonique is like nominating the voiceover guy from jane the virgin over gina rodriguez. he's integral but he isn't the heart of the show.

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Also I don't watch Stranger Things, but I know season 3 wasn't hitting like that, was it? They could have gave that spot to Euphoria or something.

nope. it's a decent show but it fell all the way off after s1. this is us, euphoria, pose... so many snubs and so many undeserved slots

Just now, shumiley said:

pray tell is important to pose but nominating him over mj/indya/angelica/domonique is like nominating the voiceover guy from jane the virgin over gina rodriguez. he's integral but he isn't the heart of the show.

This is the perfect analogy. Like I don't even wanna knock Billy like that especially since he's openly queer and bipoc and effeminate, but he got his recognition and that was a big deal. But now they just being obtuse with it.

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

This is the perfect analogy. Like I don't even wanna knock Billy like that especially since he's openly queer and bipoc and effeminate, but he got his recognition and that was a big deal. But now they just being obtuse with it.

yup.

indya moore took to twitter today to say how the network barely promotes the show as it is, as mj is the only one to be put on talk shows and even then she hardly gets put on them. and then somebody else chimed in to say that if they had the politics of caitlyn jenner it'd be a different story and, welp

6 hours ago, Mariah. said:

It's giving me Laverne, where every year they would just nominate her for oitnb even when she only appeared in like two episodes just to say they had a black trans person on the ballot. Both Billy and Laverne are talented and have deserved their nomination before but it's getting to the point where it just looks a little suspect.
      f8bc557cd2be191fb99e0b9a18b988d656ef8570

As usual the ladies of Pose were snubbed. I love Billy but at this point it’s obvious they keep nominating him just to say “here’s your LGBTQ + nomination”. MJ, Indya & Dominique deserve period and I’m sick to death of them being snubbed every year. 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:38 PM, Rainbow Heart said:

It's giving me Laverne, where every year they would just nominate her for oitnb even when she only appeared in like two episodes just to say they had a black trans person on the ballot. Both Billy and Laverne are talented and have deserved their nomination before but it's getting to the point where it just looks a little suspect.
      f8bc557cd2be191fb99e0b9a18b988d656ef8570

They really said we threw Laverne a bone, that's enough trans visibility for the century!