Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Billy Porter releases statement responding to the Emmy snubs of his Black, Trans and femme 'Pose' co-stars

It took me a minute to process all of the conflicting thoughts I had about yesterday. A record number of Black actors received #Emmy nominations this year, myself included. For that, I am grateful.
      I have been doing this for a long, long time. It has taken me 30 years to get recognized for my work. If you had told me at 20 that I would win my first Emmy at 50…that I would win at all would have been inconceivable. But that I would have to wait that long would have been disappointing, frustrating, heartbreaking. I know the pain of being overlooked so well. Too well.
      When I look at my Emmy win last year, I see the exuberant joyfulness in the faces of my #Pose family. MY win is THEIR win. And just as we share in each other’s happiness, we all share in each other’s pain. For me, @poseonfx lives at the intersection of art and activism and that is important to me. But I am keenly aware that for my SISTERS - it is much, much deeper than that. This is the story of their LIVES.
      I love you @mjrodriguez7 @angelicaross @dominiquet.a.r.jackson @indyamoore @hailiesahar
      Thank you @mrrpmurphy @stevencanals @janetmock @ourladyj @ryanjamaalswain @dyllonburnside @angelbcuriel

Source

19 minutes ago, shumiley said:

maybe i'm being too negative but this feels like a lot of nothing? he spoke more about his win and how his win is their win (?) more than their struggles idk

It's definitely that. He didn't even mention the fact that he's a cis man in a trans led show. We need to acknowledge the fact that the LGB have made tremendous progress in inclusion, but the trans community continues to be held down. Mj, Indya, and Angelica were absolutely snubbed of their flowers.

8 minutes ago, shumiley said:

it's the way indya, dominique, mj and angelica have remained mute on his response :kii:

Sadly, I don't think they'll say much on it. Billy's response kind of paints them in a corner because he went with the united front approach, recognition for me is recognition for all of us. If they push back on that, they'll risk seeming ungrateful or like they're causing trouble. But the alternative is just to stay quiet and hope that things change next year. It's a lose-lose situation.

1 minute ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Sadly, I don't think they'll say much on it. Billy's response kind of paints them in a corner because he went with the united front approach, recognition for me is recognition for all of us. If they push back on that, they'll risk seeming ungrateful or like they're causing trouble. But the alternative is just to stay quiet and hope that things change next year. It's a lose-lose situation.

agreed. it'll also start headlines about how the cast hates each other, but they've said enough with their silence and that's all his response deserves.

Every sentence except one of his response contained either “I,” “me,” or “my,” and he centers himself as the subject in almost all of them of them as well. The girls have a right to clock him for this performative nonsense.

8BIvcNf.gif