Jacqulee

Eva Marie says she would return to wrestling “if it made sense”

37 posts in this topic

RAW_1103_Photo_154.jpg?fit=1200%2C675

Former WWE Superstar Eva Marie left the company in 2017 under what has always appeared to be mutual terms. She has always spoken highly of the company since leaving and has been asked in a recent interview if she would ever consider coming back. While being interviewed by TheWrap in regards to her upcoming film role titled Hard to Kill, Eva Marie had the following to say:

“Absolutely.”

“WWE is my No. 1. My home. My family. They prepared me for all the things I am doing and what I want to do in my career,” she said. “I am forever grateful to the company, to Vince [McMahon], Hunter [Triple H] and Stephanie [McMahon]. If it made sense, of course I’d come back home.”

In her upcoming film, she will be opposite of Jesse Metcalfe and the star of the movie Bruce Willis. She was asked if her experience with WWE helped her out with her transition into film.

“WWE has totally prepared me for TV and film because there are so many moving parts. With WWE, not only are you on the road for 290 days, you’re building on top of your character you’re creating, as well as performing live in front of an audience. In TV and film, you’re doing the exact same performance from multiple different angles. So walking to the set, I was super prepared because of my WWE background.”

“The stunt guys were fantastic,” she added. “It’s just like WWE. The teamwork. You get a heel in your face!”

She would further discuss that she is still watching the product and gave her comments on enjoying the Thunderdome concept.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

How about she shut the fuck up and stop talking about doing it. I ain’t getting shit from her hypotheticals, and at this point, I’m about to Women’s Special Slap her my damn self.

0-E75-CD07-7-E79-4-FCA-A724-5426-A7-E779

7 people like this

I mean it's not her fault she's always asked about it every time she's promoting something :icant: she's literally been saying the same thing ever since her first post-release interview, that she's open to it if they have something for her so.

This interview was better though: 

And there was another cute one she did for a wrestling outlet during promo for this movie but I forgot their name :frecklefox:

Haven't watched the movie yet, most reviews I've seen are giving it the typical low-budget straight to video treatment comments (which seems justified from the trailer alone) although the Hollywood Reporter did say: "The supporting performances are equally lackluster, although former wrestling star Marie makes for a convincing female badass."

tumblr_o4sc8qjRhZ1tbno7go7_250.gif

3 people like this

She will always be the girl who fumbled her bag.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

She will always be the girl who fumbled her bag.

This narrative needs to end already lmao WWE didn't use her for like an entire year before she asked for her release so what makes you think that would suddenly change had she stuck around?:michael:

I think y'all just wanted her to keep waiting in catering for an opportunity (that probably would never come) to show how "passionate" she is about wrestling (and she'd still get hated on for being a model taking up a more worthy indie wrestler's salary) like some other girls that still need fans to beg for them to get a chance after years and years.

I don't blame her for taking on other opportunities she was being given while she still had time instead of being painted as a rude mean bitch who was constantly belittled and degraded by WWE's deranged and misogynistic fans. The % of big wrestling stars that crossover to the mainstream is already micro-small anyway and she's already done more than a lot of bigger past WWE stars.

11 minutes ago, darling said:

This narrative needs to end already lmao WWE didn't use her for like an entire year before she asked for her release so what makes you think that would suddenly change had she stuck around?:michael:

I think y'all just wanted her to keep waiting in catering for an opportunity (that probably would never come) to show how "passionate" she is about wrestling (and she'd still get hated on for being a model taking up a more worthy indie wrestler's salary) like some other girls that still need fans to beg for them to get a chance after years and years.

I don't blame her for taking on other opportunities she was being given while she still had time instead of being painted as a rude mean bitch who was constantly belittled and degraded by WWE's deranged and misogynistic fans. The % of big wrestling stars that crossover to the mainstream is already micro-small anyway and she's already done more than a lot of bigger past WWE stars.

She literally fumbled her own bag right before her big push was off the ground; simply because she wanted to listen to her husbandger. It was clear as day she was going to be pushed as the face of Smackdown, so let's not act like there was no reason management lost faith in her because of her own actions. 

8 people like this

9 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

She literally fumbled her own bag right before her big push was off the ground; simply because she wanted to listen to her husbandger. It was clear as day she was going to be pushed as the face of Smackdown, so let's not act like there was no reason management lost faith in her because of her own actions. 

I'm a huge Eva stan and I have to agree with you. That was her first suspension, so realistically she only should have been gone for 30 days. Her & Jonathan took that time to find movie roles, launch or expand businesses, etc, which is great because it's a way to stay productive but it also made things clear after a while that there was no intention on Eva & Jonathan's part for her to return.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Is this about her suspension? I don't care for her husband but how was it his fault? It seemed to be a minor thing, shit happens, as if WWE doesn't bend their wellness policies when it's convenient for their top stars...

Anyway, Nikki replaced her on the PPV but they still had more than time to pick her storyline up (or do other stuff) after but clearly they scrapped everything because, again, they didn't do anything else with her for the entire remaining year that she was under contract.

Edited by darling

Just now, Ninja Balenciaga said:

I'm a huge Eva stan and I have to agree with you. That was her first suspension, so realistically she only should have been gone for 30 days. Her & Jonathan took that time to find movie roles, launch or expand businesses, etc, which is great because it's a way to stay productive but it also made things clear after a while that there was no intention on Eva & Jonathan's part for her to return.

But... she was literally under a contract with WWE? If WWE wanted she would've been back, they clearly had nothing for her to do that entire year or, you know, they would've said "no girl you can't go shoot a movie cuz we're paying you to work for us"? And besides she didn't spend that entire year shooting films and she always seemed more than open to work for WWE if they had something for her (which is clearly her mindset still) so yea, this narrative fans have made up about it being her fault she's not running the women's division now simply isn't logical.

it won't ever make sense, so carry on.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, darling said:

Is this about her suspension? I don't care for her husband but how was it his fault? It seemed to be a minor thing, shit happens, as if WWE doesn't bond their wellness policies when it's convenient for their top stars...

Anyway, Nikki replaced her on the PPV but they still had more than time to pick her storyline up (or do other stuff) after but clearly they scrapped everything because, again, they didn't do anything else with her for the entire remaining year that she was under contract.

You just casually forgetting him blasting Wwe for her suspension when it was their fault in the end anyway.

The Total Divas star — whose real name is Natalie Coyle — was hit with the ban by the organization on Thursday, August 18, for breaching their wellness policy. But her spouse Jonathan Coyle claims fans will be “outraged” when they learn why she has been punished.

He took to social media, as almost everyone does these days, and he tweeted the following; “When the public finds out why my wife was unjustly suspended they will be absolutely outraged! Official statement and facts coming soon [sic].” He has vowed to be by his wife’s side throughout her difficulties.

You do you though sis; I'm not trying to give Eva Marie anymore time from my day.

tenor.gif?itemid=11365955

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

You just casually forgetting him blasting Wwe for her suspension when it was their fault in the end anyway.

The Total Divas star — whose real name is Natalie Coyle — was hit with the ban by the organization on Thursday, August 18, for breaching their wellness policy. But her spouse Jonathan Coyle claims fans will be “outraged” when they learn why she has been punished.

He took to social media, as almost everyone does these days, and he tweeted the following; “When the public finds out why my wife was unjustly suspended they will be absolutely outraged! Official statement and facts coming soon [sic].” He has vowed to be by his wife’s side throughout her difficulties.

You do you though sis; I'm not trying to give Eva Marie anymore time from my day.

tenor.gif?itemid=11365955

Nothing you said changes the fact she was employed by WWE for a whole year after that and yet they didn't do shit with her.

If WWE pulled their "major plans" for her because she failed to submit her medical paperwork (for Adderall, of all drugs...) after a deadline then they must have not cared much about those plans at all (considering they have surely looked past bigger transgressions by top stars) - although, in my opinion, what happened is pretty obvious, Nikki coming back changed the women's division storyline and they just decided to focus on the other girls (particularly your fave, which would've happened eventually regardless) fucking up their plans for her (which, again, clearly must have not been as relevant as y'all were led to believe if they were entirely scrapped just like that). Simple as.

QIrXisD.gif

Edited by darling

There’s no need for her so I don’t see them picking up the phone tbh. Not that she needs them atp either considering that she has been working ever since the day she left. I wouldn’t even say that she fumbled her bag considering she’s still in her bag constantly. :momriah:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Angelic said:

How about she shut the fuck up and stop talking about doing it. I ain’t getting shit from her hypotheticals, and at this point, I’m about to Women’s Special Slap her my damn self.

Ariane eventually dusted off ha boots after doing this same Diva Stan baiting. There's a small glimmer of hope for my cursed ass.

I have this idea in my head that she can be a troll talk segment host ala Miz for AEW and their women's segments/storylines. A play on her impactful debut segment that will utilize her at her messy heel best. If Brandi is lurking and steals my idea for damn herself...

3 people like this

You hoes are carrying btw. But it wouldn't be an Iconic Marie thread without rants.

Go on, give her the most commented news story again.

exNMUY1.gif

3 people like this

5 hours ago, darling said:

Baby, I said what I said.

3 hours ago, Christon said:

You hoes are carrying btw. But it wouldn't be an Iconic Marie thread without rants.

Go on, give her the most commented news story again.

exNMUY1.gif

Exactly there can't an Eva Marie thread without a little clowning.

We always gonna do it so I suggest the other OOMFS need to get used to it.

This ain't nothing new..

exNMUY1.gif

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Exactly there can't an Eva Marie thread without a little clowning.

We always gonna do it so I suggest the other OOMFS need to get used to it.

This ain't nothing new..

exNMUY1.gif

Yikes!

Clown on gorls. 🤡

exNMUY1.gif

Yikes!

Clown on gorls. 🤡

exNMUY1.gif

Sorry, must be your first day on the site.

pmGoZer.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

Sorry, must be your first day on the site.

pmGoZer.gif

Isn't but I couldn't resist a good shade/song reference combo.

It was laid out for me practically.

3gFndJy.gif

1 person likes this

Isn't but I couldn't resist a good shade/song reference combo.

It was laid out for me practically.

3gFndJy.gif

oop? and just like that, you're blocked.

Yikes...

pmGoZer.gif

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Eric said:

Baby, I said what I said.

fu64K80.gif

1 hour ago, Christon said:

Ariane eventually dusted off ha boots after doing this same Diva Stan baiting. There's a small glimmer of hope for my cursed ass.

I have this idea in my head that she can be a troll talk segment host ala Miz for AEW and their women's segments/storylines. A play on her impactful debut segment that will utilize her at her messy heel best. If Brandi is lurking and steals my idea for damn herself...

The reality is that I feel that if Eva comes back, they’re gonna MAKE something for her to do. The OG Smackdown Live 6 were clearly being built around her subtly. Her character was way too polarizing for her to be left in the dark. The boos she would get for returning, and she was coming into her own as a wrestler. I will always hope for her return, because seeing her win a title will be a MOMENT. Shit, they can involve her in the tag division with someone who would be the muscle. 

Wasn’t the reason Eva didn’t come back after her suspension because they (Eva and her man) didn’t want to? I’m pretty sure they made up their mind that they were comfortable with however their outside jobs were going so they decided to commit to it, like with her fashion line and stuff. I thought they wanted to wait out her contract. 

Miss Ariane on the other hand is simply an icon and talks that talk then does that shit. She gave us time to be salty and get in our feelings, then she fed us and showed us she wasn’t playing. No scalps were safe on that night. We have no choice but to get into it.

1 person likes this