Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shumiley

Alexa Bliss: "A Lot Of Bodies Laid Down For [Ronda Rousey's] Success"

20 posts in this topic

Alexa Bliss spoke with Vicente Beltrán about her time in WWE, Ronda Rousey and more. Some highlights:

• Her least favourite moment in WWE was when she debuted in NXT, as her character was really unrelatable. Describes the gimmick as "Tinkerbell in a wrestling ring" and hated how she had two matches then wasn't booked for about eight months.
  • If she had Evolution 2, she would want a Singles match with Trish, or a Tag match against Lita.
  • Said that the Evolution PPV meant a lot to everyone, and they couldn't have done it without literally every single woman to ever be in a WWE ring. It was a good way to show their value to sports entertainment and WWE.
  • When asked about how much WWE has changed since Ronda Rousey has left, she said: "I don't think it's changed that much. Our whole roster is dependent on more than just one person. There wouldn't be an impact of Ronda Rousey if it wasn't for the women opposite of her in the ring, helping her get there. A lot of bodies laid down for her success. It just goes to show that all of our women can be main eventers and all of our women can have that spotlight. Obviously, it was great having Ronda in WWE, but it's a group effort,"

Watch the video here.

1 person likes this

the thought of none of the girls truly liking ronda backstage brings me such joy. i hope they all made her feel uncomfortable

1 person likes this

• If she had Evolution 2, she would want a Singles match with Trish, or a Tag match against Lita.

you got replaced girl give it up

b6001c6933b702b422c180f8095c5cd1.gif

and tinkerbell was her only cute era :perched:

3 people like this

36 minutes ago, Gavin said:

you got replaced girl give it up

b6001c6933b702b422c180f8095c5cd1.gif

and tinkerbell was her only cute era :perched:

give it up deelishis!!

3 people like this

A lot of bodies laid down for you too sis :summersmile:

6 people like this

It's kinda crazy that Ronda still gets mentioned as much as she does. The women seem to bring her up more themselves than the fans do!

I'm no fan of hers but she definitely made things interesting. Evolution would never have happened without her.

I get why the girls are frustrated w people acting like Honda did it on her own. But they can’t deny that the effort in booking went down a lot once she left, they prob just don’t want to offend anyone in the WWE right now. :frecklefox:

1 person likes this

I can't blame her for never being over the Ronda situation.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, HR said:

It's kinda crazy that Ronda still gets mentioned as much as she does. The women seem to bring her up more themselves than the fans do!

I'm no fan of hers but she definitely made things interesting. Evolution would never have happened without her.

40 minutes ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

I get why the girls are frustrated w people acting like Honda did it on her own. But they can’t deny that the effort in booking went down a lot once she left, they prob just don’t want to offend anyone in the WWE right now. :frecklefox:

Honestly, it’s hard to say for me. The “effort” in her booking didn’t come until Becky was involved (because when Charlotte whooped her ass at Survivor Series, they did nothing with it). Her vs Nikki had effort media wise, but that’s mostly because they wanted to promote Evolution more. Shonda was an era where the entire division was in a chokehold for her and her only, and they weren’t even subtle about it, and they let us know from her debut when she took Asuka’s moment. There’s no way they will ever not talk about that year in the division. Especially because the progress the division made in that time, they (Vince, HHH, Steph, dumb fans) love attributing that to HER and her only.

And the effort, once it came, was terribly utilized. That storyline was a hot ass mess. Becky punching everyone. Them both getting suspended but showing up a week later and still talking shit in the ring. That infamous scene with the cop cars :rot: . I’d say effort still goes into the women, just the same women every time. Bayley, Charlotte, sometimes Alexa and Asuka are all unbothered.

3 people like this

Also these girls won’t let Trish breathe. Challenge Victoria, Layla, or EVESUS. Shake it up a bit 

76-C838-F9-CDF2-43-AB-8124-D5-D2-BA521-C

4 people like this

I’m probably the only one but I didn’t mind her tinkerbell era in NXT. She was cute.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, shumiley said:

Her least favourite moment in WWE was when she debuted in NXT, as her character was really unrelatable. Describes the gimmick as "Tinkerbell in a wrestling ring"

The way she just turned around and slapped me in the face
t0NvEzm.gif

5 people like this

i 100% get why alexa in particular is so mad at ronda. a lot of people, herself included, had to put her over, but with alexa, she was literally injured at the worst time and had her literal dream match taken from her because ronda cannot wrestle.

also i 100% believe the theory that ronda had her shoulder up at mania bc she didn't want to put becky over

7 people like this

3 hours ago, shumiley said:

i 100% get why alexa in particular is so mad at ronda. a lot of people, herself included, had to put her over, but with alexa, she was literally injured at the worst time and had her literal dream match taken from her because ronda cannot wrestle.

also i 100% believe the theory that ronda had her shoulder up at mania bc she didn't want to put becky over

me going back in time to protect alexa's weak skull so alicia could've gotten a cute solo entrance and battle royal moment instead of coming out to piggy's theme and getting tossed around by two old sea hags

BoldCoolKusimanse-size_restricted.gif

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Angelic said:

Also these girls won’t let Trish breathe. Challenge Victoria, Layla, or EVESUS. Shake it up a bit 

Tea! The gays want to drag my sister for coming out of retirement every 6 months but she's only doing the charity that has been requested!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Kat said:

idk why she's lying, fightful didn't take anything out of context. if you watch the four minute interview she is throwing subtle shade at ronda

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, shumiley said:

idk why she's lying, fightful didn't take anything out of context. if you watch the four minute interview she is throwing subtle shade at ronda

I think it's the focus on Ronda for the wrong reasons instead of focusing on her praising the women of WWE in general. It's "journalism" though, so she should know how they do things at this point. I need her to stop being nice about Ronda cracking her skull twice, and just say how you hate her for trying to stop your bag at this point though. :trickie:

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I think it's the focus on Ronda for the wrong reasons instead of focusing on her praising the women of WWE in general. It's "journalism" though, so she should know how they do things at this point. I need her to stop being nice about Ronda cracking her skull twice, and just say how you hate her for trying to stop your bag at this point though. :trickie:

it's time the girls stopped playing nice now that the evolution era is over and they don't need to keep up that facade like that 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, shumiley said:

it's time the girls stopped playing nice now that the evolution era is over and they don't need to keep up that facade like that 

I need them to go the Melina vs Candice route we are tired of the she helped all of us women nonsense. 

1 person likes this