GLOOBER

Mariah Carey

470 posts in this topic

Can't stop phagging out @ Meteorite. Such a flawless bop. :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 person likes this

I love the album. Dedicated, You Don't Know What To Do, Supernatural, & Meteorite are my faves.

1 person likes this

Can't stop phagging out @ Meteorite. Such a flawless bop. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is such a bop!

1 person likes this

Just heard the entire album in its entirety and oh my goddddddddd :cry: I didn't think it was possible to have a second magnus opus (Butterfly being her first) but wow : \

if there's one thing about this album it's that it's 100% high quality from start to finish. Listening to it, now I understand why she took so long to record it. Everything is so intricately done. Regardless of what happens from this point on, this album WILL be critically acclaimed just like #Beautiful was, bookmark me.

Standout track (aside from Beautiful): Dedicated (feat. Nas). If you close your eyes and listen to it, you feel like youre attending a summer backyard BBQ with all your friends and family and everyone you love - the weather's perfectly warm and the sun is starting to set. I can also imagine myself driving off into the sunset with the windows rolled down as this plays in the car. It's soooooo warm, breezy, and laid back. IMO if you loved Beautiful, you have absolutely NO idea how much you'll love this.

you're such a weirdo :cry:

1 person likes this

Just heard the entire album in its entirety and oh my goddddddddd :cry: I didn't think it was possible to have a second magnus opus (Butterfly being her first) but wow : \

if there's one thing about this album it's that it's 100% high quality from start to finish. Listening to it, now I understand why she took so long to record it. Everything is so intricately done. Regardless of what happens from this point on, this album WILL be critically acclaimed just like #Beautiful was, bookmark me.

Standout track (aside from Beautiful): Dedicated (feat. Nas). If you close your eyes and listen to it, you feel like youre attending a summer backyard BBQ with all your friends and family and everyone you love - the weather's perfectly warm and the sun is starting to set. I can also imagine myself driving off into the sunset with the windows rolled down as this plays in the car. It's soooooo warm, breezy, and laid back. IMO if you loved Beautiful, you have absolutely NO idea how much you'll love this.

Did you say BBQ?

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

1 person likes this

Weirdo? BBQ?

Reported.

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

Meteorite is such a gay anthem, love it. But my fave is still Dedicated. It's so throwback and atmospheric.
It sounds so good in the car.

Also Money is incredible. If she released it in 2002 it would have debuted at number one.

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

@ gloober liking EVERY post in this thread, really trying to reel in those purchases.

1 person likes this

omg but Gloober didn't lie about Dedicated.

gifs___163.gif

1 person likes this

@ gloober liking EVERY post in this thread, really trying to reel in those purchases.

omg but Gloober didn't lie about Dedicated.

gifs___163.gif

Wow ok.

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

The Holy Bible, the unreleased testament.

BoPCX1-CUAASM6p.jpg

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

From the album booklet:

BoRc3AmIgAAijlh.png

omg yessss :cry:

I still cant get over the shooting stars that they included throughout the entire photoshoot, so beautiful :cry:

Carey has been at the top of her game for almost 25 years in an industry that famously takes no prisoners. So looking back, to what, if anything, does she attribute her own? "I think that longevity is something that's difficult to obtain in this business because a lot of it is about trends," she says. "But a trend, of course, lasts for a moment and then it's gone. Typically, the artists who transcend that have a certain voice, as well as a catalogue of songs, that people have grown to love over the years. I guess they really do become 'the fabric' and the soundtrack to the lives of a generation. So it's one thing to have some success in music and another to maintain that success. It's difficult, it really is."

Shading all the other pop gerls, damn.

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

1 person likes this

Meteorite is such a gay anthem, love it. But my fave is still Dedicated. It's so throwback and atmospheric.

It sounds so good in the car.

Also Money is incredible. If she released it in 2002 it would have debuted at number one.

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

I love how she incorporated that "Carry Like Mariah" line throughout the song. Her narcissism is unparalleled. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by Poison Ivory

I still cant get over the shooting stars that they included throughout the entire photoshoot, so beautiful :cry:

Queen trying to give us a hint that she'll release Meteorite. <3

I love how she incorporated that "Carry Like Mariah" line throughout the song. Her narcissism is unparalleled. :dance: :dance: :dance:

The "Carry Like Mariah" line is a Wu Tang Clan sample. It's included because the song is dedicated to ODB, lol.

The "Carry Like Mariah" line is a Wu Tang Clan sample. It's included because the song is dedicated to ODB, lol.

Speaking of Wu-Tang Clan, Cher is featured on two of their new songs. :excited:

1 person likes this

Mariah's new album was released in two countries two days ago and apparently the deluxe edition sold out in Australia within 48 hours  :cry:

Edited by Gloober

OMG i want to listen to it but idk if i should wait :cry:

OMG i want to listen to it but idk if i should wait :cry:

Might as well wait until you buy the CD in store since it's only two days away :cry:

1 person likes this

BodVwUACYAIZpLh.jpg

BoaEqLVIEAA9BHe.jpg

Edited by Gloober

BomkWdNCQAEdmSE.jpg

BomEVgOCUAAp0l6.jpg

E9uGpDH.jpg

Boaj0KECEAExAeY.jpg

BoXVe2VIUAA90FD.jpg

Edited by Gloober

Mariah Carey opens the 2014 World Music Awards with a performance of "Meteorite" (from her new album Me. I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse) and is honored with the Icon Award, as well as the award for "Best Selling Singles Solo Artist of All Time".

Other performers representing the US: Miley Cyrus, Ricky Martin, and Jason Derulo.

The event was taped in Monte Carlo earlier today and will air globally. In the US it will air primetime on NBC tomorrow from 9-11pm ET, as well as 180+ other networks across the globe.

mbuT5qv.jpg

Edited by Gloober