GLOOBER

Mariah Carey

470 posts in this topic

Just CLOCKED some delusional heffa/Rihanna-fangirl who tried to go for Queen Mariah on Youtube. They finally blocked my private messages, so I thought I should post my winning essay in this sacred thread.  :knit:

CLOCKEDT :legend:

4mqiwh2.jpg

Still PATIENTLY waiting for someone to change that to a 30 million.

:sweep:

I was just tearing up to One Sweet Day last night. :crying:

I was just tearing up to One Sweet Day last night. :crying:

Such a beautiful/powerful song.

i6DKz1yEVUNtc.gif

Such a beautiful/powerful song.

i6DKz1yEVUNtc.gif

I had it on repeat.

i6DKz1yEVUNtc.gif

Mariah should hold a meeting for all the up and coming divas and give them a lesson in "chart slaying." I just want her to help elle varner.

Mariah should hold a meeting for all the up and coming divas and give them a lesson in "chart slaying." I just want her to help elle varner.

My dream would be to see Mariah become Ariana Grande's personal mentor/vocal coach. Teach her how to do flawless runs, how to be on key 100% of the time, how to make flawless transitions between different vocal styles (belt to whisper), how to improve and perfect her whistle register, etc etc.  :newspaper:

My dream would be to see Mariah become Ariana Grande's personal mentor/vocal coach. Teach her how to do flawless runs, how to be on key 100% of the time, how to make flawless transitions between different vocal styles (belt to whisper), how to improve and perfect her whistle register, etc etc.  :newspaper:

That'd be real cute. She should do a song with her.

That'd be real cute. She should do a song with her.

That would be so cute! It would SLAY :excited:

That would be so cute! It would SLAY :excited:

They can slay together as she teaches her the ropes

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

YASSSSS!!!!!!!  :drinksmoke:

They can slay together as she teaches her the ropes

:crying2:

When Mariah BLOCKED her own song from reaching number one and became the first female lead artist in history to occupy the top two positions of the Hot 100. What kind of MASSACRE? :ahh:

AZARViu.png

The sacrifices she has to make to be kind to the lessors and keep her string of number ones at 18 so that all the other pop gurls have time to catch up.

ibsJKi156O7Wn0.gif

2 people like this

I CAN'TTTT BREATHEEEE  :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

omg  :icant:

2 people like this

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

omggg EVERYTIME I WATCH THIS

iO8pTz6iP9huu.gif

Beyonce: "'Vision of Love,' when I first heard that song, I knew it, my mind was made up - I had to be a singer."

Beyonce also admitted that she started doing vocal runs after hearing "Vision of Love." (The New Yorker, April 3, 2006 by Sasha Frere-Jones)

Jessica Simpson: "Oh, my Gosh! Can you imagine they're comparing me to her...I mean she's the biggest selling artist of the decade, and I admire her too."

"I'm a huge fan of Mariah Carey. I admired her music for so long. It's hard to follow on her footstep. She's so successful. Mariah's Mariah. To be compared to her is a huge compliment."

Jessica stated that "My All" was her favorite song of 1998, and that she used to warm up by singing "Hero."

Christina Aguilera: In the early stages of her career, Aguilera often cited Mariah as a source of inspiration. "I discovered Mariah in my room one day listening to the radio, and as soon as 'Vision of Love' came on, I ran downstairs going, 'Mommy, Mommy' - I just found the greatest person in the world! I just heard the greatest new voice!"

"I'm presenting actually, right after she performs. So we were getting, we just did the rehearsal for it, and she just walked by me. I'm like OMG! it's her! I don't think I get starstruck with anyone the way I do with Mariah. I'm still waiting to meet her. I hope...When you interview her, tell her Christina Aguilera thinks she's amazing. She looks amazing..." (Interview with Chris Connelly of MTV News)

Kelly Clarkson: Often cites Mariah as a source of inspiration and frequently covers her songs live such as "Love Takes Time" when she was in American Idol, she couldn't sing Mariah songs but got around it by singing the same covers as her such as "Without You," "Open Arms" and "Don't Play That Song."

In reply to the question, "Everyone has posters on their bedroom walls growing up, who was on your bedroom wall?" Kelly said, "Oh, I had Mariah Carey, Reba McEntire, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, had a bunch. I had a lot of Mariah Carey though." (Total Request Live interview)

At Zootopia 2003 Concert where they were both performing, Randy Jackson shoved her into a room with Mariah against her will (Kelly was too nervous). And Kelly told Mariah (accidentally) "Oh my God, I think I'm going to throw up!" She said Mariah laughed at her and was nice about it. Evidently, Kelly really vividly remembers that meeting, because she tells that story every time Mariah is brought up. (Interview with Ryan Seacrest, KISS 102.7)

Britney Spears: "Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston were my biggest influences. Madonna and Janet were too. I love their style [Mariah & Whitney] and the way their voices electrify you."

"When I was little Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey... and I love listening to Michael Jackson... Yeah, I've always loved Mariah Carey, I guess because she writes her music, most of her music, and because she comes up with the best melodies. Her range is just from here to there, and she's probably my role model."

Rihanna: "I used to sing 'Vision of Love' all the time in the shower, using my toothbrush as my microphone."

"I looked up to [Mariah] a lot and I still do. I admire her as an artist, and to [compete with her] was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life."

Kelly Rowland: "Mariah Carey is another hero of mine. I remember meeting her and how nice she was, and how I recently saw her, and she was telling me about stole and how she loved the video. And I literally, my mouth was open! I'm 22 years old and I mean at some point you just can't help but get a little star struck, and Mariah is just so incredible! I remember listening to "Dreamlover" when it first came out, and me trying to cut my shorts like hers, and have little plat shirts and show some belly like her! And oh my gosh, I love her! Love her!! She is a very incredible human being!! Listening to her voice just made me want to try even more with my vocals, cos she can do anything with her voice. Her voice is just like the ultimate instrument! She can hit high notes and her bottom voice is just so big and it's beautiful! There's no singer on this earth that can do what Mariah does!"

Toni Braxton: "I really admire Mariah Carey. I think she's a underrated, because she's a great producer, a wonderful writer, and no one gives her props for that. They always say 'Oh look, did you see what she had on?' And this and that. I'm like she's 30 years old, she's not 70 with breast hanging like chickens. She's young, she's beautiful, she has a great body. I just think she's wonderful, and I think people beat her up a lil' too much.

Especially Mariah's 'One Sweet Day' - the one she did with Boyz II Men. Oh my God, that really helped me through a rough time."

Probably Ella Fitzgerald, that's past, but if you're talking currently, I really like Mariah Carey. She's wonderful, she's a writer, and a producer, and I don't think people give her credit as she should.

"I like the things that Irv Gotti is doing with hip-hop tracks and R&B with Ashanti. To be honest, Mariah Carey really pioneered that. All people wanted to talk about was her shorty-short shorts, but forget the chances she took. "Mariah with ODB...what was she thinking?" When I heard it, I said, "I get it, Mariah. Hands up, girl!" (Network Magazine, Nov. 2002)

Snoop Dogg: "I always tell [Mariah] this story: When I was locked up in jail, that song 'Vision of Love' was the hottest song in the world."

iROpXVhBwNRGL.gif

2 people like this

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

gifGlee8_zps615ef293.gif

At least she tried xD

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

OMG NOT MARIAH SHUTTING NICKI UP ONCE AND FOR ALL WITH THAT FLAWLESS BILLBOARD 100 #1 COMMENT  :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

2 people like this

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

OMG NOT MARIAH SHUTTING NICKI UP ONCE AND FOR ALL WITH THAT FLAWLESS BILLBOARD 100 #1 COMMENT  :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

HAHAHAA :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

It's so funny because all of the 12 yr old Nicki Minaj stans online talk about how Nicki is more relevant than Mariah is at the moment, and that's why she's "better".

Um, the "irrelevant" thing doesnt work when youre comparing two artists from two different eras. Talking about how "relevant" Nicki is in only her 5th year in the industry is laughable. Of course she's relevant, she's fresh meat. Meanwhile you have a living legend aka Mariah Carey hitting her 23rd year and she's still hitting 470k first week album sales and scoring number ones. She's STILL in the media. :ahh:

Oh and bonus cackle: 4-5 years into the game and Nicki STILL hasn't landed a number one. :rip:

It took Mariah only 1 year to land 4 back-to-back number ones from her debut album. When will Nicki?  :icant:

Fact is: Mariah can hide in a cave for the rest of her life and stop releasing new music and it would still take all the other pop gurls their entire lifetime to play catchup with Mariah's resume.  :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

The only artists Mariah can be compared to are other legends: MJ, Madonna, Whitney, Celine, etc. :knit:

2 people like this