Taylor

Donate: Building a Dream Forum

579 posts in this topic

This month we'll be celebrating our one-year anniversary online! In less than a year, we've become the number one and most visited women's wrestling forum on the net! However, we didn't do this alone. We'd be nowhere without our loyal members! All of you are the reason we've come this far, and it's because of all of you that we have no intention of stopping! To continue to stay on top, however, we need your help.  What we're asking is something small that would go a long way in helping us help you: a cash donation.

We would like to upgrade our existing software to new, premium software that would completely redefine user experience by fully integrating social media, profile customization, and user activity. In addition, we’ll also customize the forum with a top-notch layout. Overall, we want to provide our HB family with a better place to call home.

In less than one year we've grown so fond of our members. We’ve formed great bonds and friendships with each other, which is why Mariah and I are this invested in improving every aspect of this community—your community. To do just that, we request members donate at least $10-15 to help us reach our goal of $1,000. All money collected will go towards the community; your money will never find a personal use.

Thank you!

Please use this link to donate: http://www.gofundme.com/3qrgow

Donation Incentives

• Three username changes every 90 days (for non-donors: no username changes)
  • UPDATED 8/23: Unlimited PMs per hour, 1500 PMs stored (for non-donors: 75 PMs per day, 200 PMs stored)
  • An icon next to your name / special stars (for non-donors: no icon / regular stars)
  • Special status seen around the forum along with custom status and posting status (for non-donors: custom status and posting status only)
  • An emoticon of your choosing named after you or you may rename one smiley from our already existing emoticons if you donated more than once (for non-donors: option not available)
  • Automatically placed in drawing for competition/prizes such as WWE Divas merchandise (for non-donors: most likely not available)*
  • ADDED 8/23: Customize your profile like you would your Facebook page (for non-donors: no profile customization available)
  • ADDED 8/23: Edit titles to your threads anytime after posting (for non-donors: titles may not be edited)

* We will go into more detail on this at a later time; this is still pending.
** Please note that these incentives may change depending on how IPB software allows us to implement the incentives.
*** More incentives may be announced at a later time.

2013-2014

Jenn - Donation of $20 on 8/23
Jodes - Donation of $15 on 8/23
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $15 on 8/24
Vinaro - Donation of $30 on 8/24
Michael - Donation of $30 on 9/17
Josh - Donation of $20 on 9/18
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $24 on 9/18
Goddess - Donation of $10 on 9/29
Anya - Donation of $15 on 10/18
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $24 on 10/19
Mariah - Donation of $10 on 10/19
Katie - Donation of $10 on 10/24
Puppies - Donation of $20 on 11/2
Hasnan - Donation of $10 on 11/4
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $20 on 11/8
MOB - Donation of $5 on 11/10
Eric - Donation of $20 on 11/27
Vinaro - Donation of $20 on 12/3
Paul - Donation of $14 on 12/7
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $20 on 12/8
Paul - Donation of $14 on 12/26
Anonymous - Donation of $20 on 2/1
Conor - Donation of $30 on 2/7
WWFoverWWE - Donation of $20 on 2/7

JayEl - Donation of $5 on 4/18

kij098/Lord Kij098- Donation of $5 on 4/19

Shoaib - Donation of $10 on 4/19

Jhonmarco - Donation of $100 on 4/20

Stephen [dark fox]/StephenFoxMonster - Donation of $50 on 4/24

SaraIsAFlop/SaraC - Donation of $10 on 4/24

BrandonJ - Donation of $10 on 4/26

Toratlan/Ari M. - Donation of $30 on 4/29

Black Terminator - Donation of $10 on 5/1

Chaz - Donation of $150 on 5/15

Sтrαтυѕfαcтισи™/Qwan™- Donation of $10 on 5/19

AntiKingAndrew - Donation of $10 on 5/26

Black Terminator - Donation of $25 on 6/4

JoshAnoaʻi - Donation of $20 on 6/29

Diana - Donation of $5 on 6/30

El_Fantasma - Donation of $10 on 6/30

eLeMseeSquared - Donation of $25 on 7/2

Arv3L/Arvel - Donation of $15 on 7/13

trishallday - Donation of $10 on 8/21

iBrandon - Donation of $10 on 9/6

Time - Donation of $5 on 9/18

WWFoverWWE - Donation of $20 on 9/28

JoshAnoa'i - Donation of $20 on 9/28

ravishingrussian/The Kat - Donation of $10 on 10/5

totalheel - Donation of $5 on 10/12

Eric - Donation of $25 on 10/12

Time - Donation of $5 on 10/16

Dawit - Donation of $10 on 10/16

Travy Massaro - Donation of $20 on 10/20

AsukaLock - Donation of $5 on 10/24

LynchMob - Donation of $20 on 10/25

Travis Mendes - Donation of $5 on 10/25

Willy - Donation of $30 on 11/14

REBELlion - Donation of $12 on 12/9

Carla Shaw - Donation of $5 on 12/25

Charlie - Donation of $10 on 12/28

LivingLegend - Donation of $5 on 3/8

DayDreamer - Donation of $10 on 3/17

Jodes - Donation of $20 on 3/17

IAMKingD - Donation of $5 on 5/3

AlexThaProduct - Donation of $10 on 7/6

1 person likes this

I'd love to contribute but what exactly are the new features?

I'd love to ... but next week  :smh: I'm broke ... Pay day week next week  :dance2: :dance2: LOL

I'd love to contribute but what exactly are the new features?

It's hard to break it down because there are A LOT of enhancements. Oldsie and MOB will be writing up testimonials since they've used the software before and we're gonna let you guys try it out with their 5 day trial sometime within the next month. :party:

Well being a moderator on a Forum that uses it I can guarantee the software that IPS provides is top-notch. The overall Forum provides a very professional look, and every section is organized very nicely. It would sure give Heartbreakers a very nice and distinct look and an attractive layout! The report system is also very easy to work with and follow. There are small things like Members can change their own names and you can quote more than one post at a time, which really helps as well. The fact you can share things from the Forum straight to Twitter or Facebook would really help get our name out there! Every member can post a Status Update that shows up on their profile and other members can comment on it. It's very member friendly as you can have “About Me” Pages on your profile where you tell everyone about yourself. Other members can post comments on your profile as well. :) I personally really like this software a lot! :D

Overall it would make an already incredible Forum even better! If you thought Heartbreakers was amazing already just wait until you see it with the IPS software. :)

Members who show an interest in donating will be invited to experience the new software on a free five-day trial. We want you to experience first hand a more powerful forum at work.

I'll see what I can do over the next few days. How would we donate the funds by the way? Are we doing this via Paypal? I have a few issues with my Paypal (mainly regarding the confirmation of one of my chequing accounts) but I'm sure I can sort it out or put one of my Visa's on it or something  :newspaper:

I'll see what I can do over the next few days. How would we donate the funds by the way? Are we doing this via Paypal? I have a few issues with my Paypal (mainly regarding the confirmation of one of my chequing accounts) but I'm sure I can sort it out or put one of my Visa's on it or something  :newspaper:

I think you can just enter your card number and other necessary information for a transaction to be made. That's how it works for US visitors. I might be mistaken, but you don't need to pay using PayPal.

As a member for four IPS Board forums, I have personal experience with the board and I can tell you that their forum software is excellent quality. The overall look of each forum is unique for each of the independent boards and gives the aesthetics a much sleeker look, especially for Heartbreakers. Each section is organized in a professional way that makes the board look great and easy to navigate through. IPS board also has a simple customization system for every member which allows them to customize their profile to their liking, which things such as an avatar (which by the way, allow a BIGGER size! 150x250 maximum size), a profile page, signature and even a social system for adding friends and tracking your profile, and will even show the status updates of members.

You can also change your display name AND member title to your liking, which are small features that allow members to express themselves more, and other members can of course post things on your wall and comment on your statuses. One thing that I also love about IPS software is the quick reply to a user when you quote them, instead of giving you another page to reply to the post with, it instantly quotes the post at the bottom where the quick reply is and you can type your reply, and the post almost shows up instantly after you click to post it. It's also easy to share posts from members and information in topics to your social media outlets in just a click with a share option for posts! Also, if you like a topic and want to keep reading more from the posts in it, you can follow the topic and get notified when new posts are in it so you can read them right away. The notification system is something that I love too because it notifies you when people quote your post, add you as a friend, like your post, post a comment on your profile and so forth.

Examples of how IPS boards look like are here in these screenshots, including for a user profile and the overall layout.

http://imageshack.com/a/img18/2341/rrwo.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/6196/03o7.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/8730/2k94.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img96/6135/gkcj.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img703/7079/1r1b.png

IPS board has so many great features that I'm sure everyone on Heartbreakers will enjoy, and I certainly think it will make the overall forum look greater than ever before! Also, the list of features that IPS software offers is right here in this link:

http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/feature-list

As a member for four IPS Board forums, I have personal experience with the board and I can tell you that their forum software is excellent quality. The overall look of each forum is unique for each of the independent boards and gives the aesthetics a much sleeker look, especially for Heartbreakers. Each section is organized in a professional way that makes the board look great and easy to navigate through. IPS board also has a simple customization system for every member which allows them to customize their profile to their liking, which things such as an avatar (which by the way, allow a BIGGER size! 150x250 maximum size), a profile page, signature and even a social system for adding friends and tracking your profile, and will even show the status updates of members.

You can also change your display name AND member title to your liking, which are small features that allow members to express themselves more, and other members can of course post things on your wall and comment on your statuses. One thing that I also love about IPS software is the quick reply to a user when you quote them, instead of giving you another page to reply to the post with, it instantly quotes the post at the bottom where the quick reply is and you can type your reply, and the post almost shows up instantly after you click to post it. It's also easy to share posts from members and information in topics to your social media outlets in just a click with a share option for posts! Also, if you like a topic and want to keep reading more from the posts in it, you can follow the topic and get notified when new posts are in it so you can read them right away. The notification system is something that I love too because it notifies you when people quote your post, add you as a friend, like your post, post a comment on your profile and so forth.

Examples of how IPS boards look like are here in these screenshots, including for a user profile and the overall layout.

http://imageshack.com/a/img18/2341/rrwo.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/6196/03o7.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/8730/2k94.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img96/6135/gkcj.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img703/7079/1r1b.png

IPS board has so many great features that I'm sure everyone on Heartbreakers will enjoy, and I certainly think it will make the overall forum look greater than ever before! Also, the list of features that IPS software offers is right here in this link:

http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/feature-list

The screenshots look amazing, as does the features listed in the final link! Honestly, the amount and the quality of the new enhancements definitely seems worth the donation. :dance2:

The screenshots look amazing, as does the features listed in the final link! Honestly, the amount and the quality of the new enhancements definitely seems worth the donation. :dance2:

Will I see a donation from you in the near future, then? :newspaper:

Will I see a donation from you in the near future, then? :newspaper:

Probably not. Poor English family struggles :crying:

I would love to donate but I don't have paypal or anything, but I can offer you some Jaffa Cakes and Cookies if that will help? :innocent:

I would love to donate but I don't have paypal or anything, but I can offer you some Jaffa Cakes and Cookies if that will help? :innocent:

All you need is a valid debit or credit card. GoFundMe doesn't require donators to sign up for PayPal or WePay, so you should think about helping if you can. :innocent:

I didn't even see this. But I can definitely donate once I get my nice old check this week.

britneyeyelashes.gif

Why does it have to cost 1,000? A number around 300 would be better :cry:

Why does it have to cost 1,000? A number around 300 would be better :cry:

That estimate takes care of purchasing the software and a high quality design. The forum would look very basic using a default layout. You'll love it! :excited:

I didn't even see this. But I can definitely donate once I get my nice old check this week.

britneyeyelashes.gif

You're so generous. :crying:

All people who are interested in donating will get a link tomorrow to try out a test trial of the forum software. The test run will last for five days.

The trial forum has been setup. Anyone interested in donating that would like to try it out please PM Mariah.

The trial will end sometime within the next two days (most likely tomorrow). Those of you with the link, if you haven't tried it out and would like to, time is running out. We will most likely not hold another trial unless there is sufficient demand.

If you are interested in donating, please do so soon. The faster we move to a new platform, the better for all of us.

In the next few days, we will also release a statement on the incentives donors will receive on the new forum software. If those incentives can be implemented here, we will do so. These incentives will give you more access to forum features. We are not sure if non-donors will lose access to some features at this moment.

The trial has expired, so I hope you guys got a good feel for IPB. :newspaper:

Donation Incentives

[list type=decimal]

[*]Five username changes (for non-donors: no username changes)

[*]UPDATED 8/23: Unlimited PMs per hour, 1500 PMs stored (for non-donors: 75 PMs per day, 200 PMs stored)

[*]An icon next to your name / special stars (for non-donors: no icon / regular stars)

[*]Special status seen around the forum along with custom status and posting status (for non-donors: custom status and posting status only)

[*]An emoticon of your choosing named after you or you may rename one smiley from our already existing emoticons if you donated more than once (for non-donors: option not available)

[*]Automatically placed in drawing for competition/prizes such as WWE Divas merchandise (for non-donors: most likely not available)*

[*]ADDED 8/23: Customize your profile like you would your Facebook page (for non-donors: no profile customization available)

[*]ADDED 8/23: Edit titles to your threads anytime after posting (for non-donors: titles may not be edited)

* We will go into more detail on this at a later time.

** Please note that these incentives may change depending on how IPB software allows us to implement the incentives.

*** More incentives may be announced at a later time.

You should all donate. It'll be worth it, trust me. :knit:

Unlimited PMs per hour, 1500 PMs stored (for non-donors: 20 PMs per hour, 150 PMs stored)

Ohh, Marco!

tumblr_mrc89e3j3m1r6qguso6_250.gif

You should all donate. It'll be worth it, trust me. :knit:

You say it as if you've donated already. :knit:

As soon as I get through Hadley's birthday and back to school, I will be donating!

You know...gotta keep your kids off of the street and out of trouble.