Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric

Backstage News On WWE Divas Title Plans For WrestleMania XXX

190 posts in this topic

I'm here for a fatal four way between the Bella's and Nattie. 

Cameron needs this, to get over more with the fans. She's been getting really nice pops from the fans recently. I don't want Natalya involved right now. If Nikki & Brie are involved, I've got no problem with that. You could even get the Bellas turning on one another aswell. :excited: Then you could have Cameron/Brie vs Naomi/Nikki possibly. :popcorn:

Just give her a disco ball eyepatch and bury Aksana in a squash match, before AJ mocks Naomi as she stays home and recovers. :cry:

Just give her a disco ball eyepatch and bury Aksana in a squash match, before AJ mocks Naomi as she stays home and recovers. :cry:

:ahh:

Week 6 is the one we're in so technically Naomi only has 5 weeks left. And if she comes back at the earliest in 4 weeks, then it'll be mid-March.

Start sweatin, haters  :mariah:

:excited:

Week 6 is the one we're in so technically Naomi only has 5 weeks left. And if she comes back at the earliest in 4 weeks, then it'll be mid-March.

Start sweatin, haters  :mariah:

Yas, let them know.

Except AJ's title reign started off awesome from her feud with Kaitlyn to her pipebomb on the Total Divas. Plus WWE actually seem to trust AJ to deliver when it comes to mic skills, hence why they have her cutting promos and doing commentary. The other Divas, yeah, they'd probably get overwhelmed by the "3 Stooges".

If anything, I say their next champion is going to end up like Layla or Kaitlyn, you know spending more time on Superstars/Main Event having random matches than anything concrete and interesting.

AJ's feud started to sink once she started her feud with the TD ! :smh3:

But yeah the next champion ... :smh3:  Poor them . Summer Rae is the only possibly challenger a face TD could face :dying:  I look forward to see how everything will play out in the next few months.

AJ's feud started to sink once she started her feud with the TD ! :smh3:

But yeah the next champion ... :smh3:  Poor them . Summer Rae is the only possibly challenger a face TD could face :dying:  I look forward to see how everything will play out in the next few months.

ITA with this.

As much as AJ sometimes irritates the living crap out of me, she and the TD girls were given literally nothing to work with. It was disjointed and stupid. Had they incorporated elements from other storylines, where AJ had a checklist similar to Victoria, where she would mark off the Divas she had defeated leading up to her match with Mickie James, it could have been more interesting, then the last TD standing could have won the title, but they didn't do anything like that and the thing sucked. It takes two to make a good storyline and these girls aren't Trish and Lita; they can't turn crap into a diamond and that's no disrespect to them, Lita and Trish were just special in that way. 

I do think you'll see the new Divas champ feud with Summer, but if they are mimicking the HBK/Diesel storyline for AJ and Tamina, expect her to take the title from the new champ, setting up AJ turning on her, but trying to build Tamina as a face might be a flop.

:rot:

ITA with this.

As much as AJ sometimes irritates the living crap out of me, she and the TD girls were given literally nothing to work with. It was disjointed and stupid. Had they incorporated elements from other storylines, where AJ had a checklist similar to Victoria, where she would mark off the Divas she had defeated leading up to her match with Mickie James, it could have been more interesting, then the last TD standing could have won the title, but they didn't do anything like that and the thing sucked. It takes two to make a good storyline and these girls aren't Trish and Lita; they can't turn crap into a diamond and that's no disrespect to them, Lita and Trish were just special in that way. 

I do think you'll see the new Divas champ feud with Summer, but if they are mimicking the HBK/Diesel storyline for AJ and Tamina, expect her to take the title from the new champ, setting up AJ turning on her, but trying to build Tamina as a face might be a flop.

Why not have AJ/Tamina face the new champ and a random Diva in a fatal 4-way match and have Tamina steal the win and the title. Things might start off okay with Tamina allowing AJ to hold her "baby". But, then as the weeks go on she could start acting all arrogant and condescending to AJ, until either she attacks AJ after AJ inadvertedly costs her a match or AJ has had enough of Tamina and playing second fiddle and goes after the title herself.

Because right now, the fans would more easily cheer for AJ than Tamina. Hell, they would cheer more easily for AJ than most other Divas. I mean she gets cheered just for getting tagged into a match. Just imagine if she was a Face.

Edited by gl83

Why not have AJ/Tamina face the new champ and a random Diva in a fatal 4-way match and have Tamina steal the win and the title. Things might start off okay with Tamina allowing AJ to hold her "baby". But, then as the weeks go on she could start acting all arrogant and condescending to AJ, until either she attacks AJ after AJ inadvertedly costs her a match or AJ has had enough of Tamina and playing second fiddle and goes after the title herself.

Because right now, the fans would more easily cheer for AJ than Tamina. Hell, they would cheer more easily for AJ than most other Divas. I mean she gets cheered just for getting tagged into a match. Just imagine if she was a Face.

I see your point, but I'm only saying if they are mimicking that storyline, that's how they would go. Personally, I would rather AJ and Tamina feud without the title, while the new champ feuds with Summer and a heel Naomi when she recovers from injury. 

I see your point, but I'm only saying if they are mimicking that storyline, that's how they would go. Personally, I would rather AJ and Tamina feud without the title, while the new champ feuds with Summer and a heel Naomi when she recovers from injury. 

I think they should go the direction of HBK/Sid in terms of the breakup than HBK/Diesel. Fans actually cared about Diesel over HBK especially with how strong they booked him prior to the breakup(impressive Royal Rumble performance, IC title reign, impressive SvS performace). Meanwhile Tamina barely gets a reaction.

Maybe they can do it like HBK/Sid breakup by doing it like so:  after AJ's madatory rematch have the divas champ offer to give AJ  one last shot at the title; Tamina gets jealous and upset and attacks AJ and kayfabe injures her and takes her spot in that feud. AJ returns a few months later and goes after Tamina for revenge.

I don't know, but with how weak they have booked the Heels and built up the Heels, I get the gut feeling that AJ's feud with Tamina may overshadow the Divas title and the Divas champion.

I'm here for anything that isn't a tag team match, honestly.

Still not gonna believe anything till I see it tbh.

Hopefully they make the card in whatever match .

Although I still want that triple threat .

I'm here for anything that isn't a tag team match, honestly.

Mixed tag?  :anya: 

Mixed tag? :anya:

Emma/Santino vs. Summer/Fandango?

I'm here for it. :anya:

The Divas have been hinting @ it on Twitter. I'm guessing Naomi/Nat/Nikki/AJ

Or we might not get a match at WM at all .

I thought this said muliple Divas matches, not one multi-Diva match. Fuck :cry:

I thought this said muliple Divas matches, not one multi-Diva match. Fuck :cry:

Was Wrestlemania 22 the last time we had more than one Diva match on the card?

As for the possible triple threat, or whichever, I'd expect Tamina to be one of the participants, so their most popular Diva can lose the title without losing one on one cleanly. 

Then, of course, we're back to nothing until it's Summer's turn.

Edited by perceval
1 person likes this

Was Wrestlemania 22 the last time we had more than one Diva match on the card?

I believe so :worried:

I don't see why they couldn't do it now with WM being 4 hours. One could be a legitimate match for the belt while the other can be the cool down so to speak, to take one for the team.

I believe so :worried:

I don't see why they couldn't do it now with WM being 4 hours. One could be a legitimate match for the belt while the other can be the cool down so to speak, to take one for the team.

Because WrestleMania has become a glorified commercial for WWE. Think back to a few years ago where they would do backstage interviews or backstage segments to either hype up the upcoming match or just for pure comedy(i.e. Booker T & Sharmell's trip down the Hallway of Freaks from WM22). Now all that time is going to commercials, recaps, running the same promo videos over and over again, Tout videos, etc. that the matches end up being cut short. This year is going to be worse because WWE will be whoring out their Network at WM.

Because WrestleMania has become a glorified commercial for WWE. Think back to a few years ago where they would do backstage interviews or backstage segments to either hype up the upcoming match or just for pure comedy(i.e. Booker T & Sharmell's trip down the Hallway of Freaks from WM22). Now all that time is going to commercials, recaps, running the same promo videos over and over again, Tout videos, etc. that the matches end up being cut short. This year is going to be worse because WWE will be whoring out their Network at WM.

:crying2:

Oh, another potential factor:  LAYLA.

What the Division needs, more than anything, out of Wrestlemania is a really good match to give them some much needed cred.  So, I'd suggest thinking in terms of who could provide the best wrestling match.

I don't know, but with how weak they have booked the Heels and built up the Heels, I get the gut feeling that AJ's feud with Tamina may overshadow the Divas title and the Divas champion.

That's what happened a decade ago during the Spring of 2004.  Victoria & Gail were having a great series of matches feuding for the Championship, but wound up overshadowed because the crowds were more into the developing Trish vs Lita feud.