Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LeJorgee

Christina Aguilera

106 posts in this topic

Christina is overall the most successful judge on The Voice, but her success is trumped by just about every pop girl at the moment. The Voice is just more popular as a show. I don't think it has much to do with Christina. If Britney can't pull in higher ratings for X-Factor, I doubt people watch The Voice simply for Christina.

I honestly think Mariah is right. Lotus is flopping, because Christina's image is just out of place at this point. "Your Body" had a radio deal and it still underperformed. People just aren't here for generic music from Christina. Regarding Christina's "diva" attitude, I'd support it if she had success to back up such an attitude. Until recently, Britney has overshadowed her entirely, yet Britney doesn't act as entitled as Christina. Christina acts like she's on Madonna's level when she hasn't even achieved five percent of what Madonna has.

Truthfully, Stripped was Xtina's best selling album to date, so it's hard to say that her "skank" image is why Lotus is flopping. Considering the lack of promotion for this album, as opposed to say, Maroon 5's Overexposed, which had heavy promotion for Payphone, which had a lyric video and was in heavy radio rotation and Adam's sweet, likable image and pretty face and sexiness has people buying their stuff. Christina's no-nonsense attitude is often considered...well, bitchy and people hold it against her, as opposed to listening to the album. Her singles are heavily requested but DJ's straight up don't play her songs, Adam Lambert has had the same problem because his status as a Diva in lieu of a media darling.

Lotus was barely promoted, the single isn't on radio, and there is speculation that NBC wants Xtina to cancel her tour as her Voice Season 4 replacement Shakira is preggers and intends to take time off. Also, Christina's main appeal as an artist is the ability to move units over a period of time, not one week. Stripped's biggest hit was the second single, same with Back to Basics, etc. A solid second single from Lotus could turn things around for her.

I doubt the diva thing carries much weight, since Christina has always been known as a huge diva.

It's not the "skank" image specifically that's making her flop. Stripped was 10 years ago, when she was a young 22. Ageism in music is extremely prevalent in an era where youth are the main market and the driving force behind success. It's not necessarily right, but the general public doesn't want to hear a 32 year old woman singing blatantly about "fucking your body". As Taylor stated, Christina had a radio deal and it still severely under-performed. The first week of its release, it was played almost hourly here.

People just aren't buying what she wants to sell these days. And I feel bad for her because she had a chance to make a Mariah Carey Emancipation type come back with the platform she was given, and that's surely out of the question now. I highly doubt she'll be able to move units over time because her popularity isn't nearly what it was during the Stripped and B2B eras. She also wasn't coming off another largely unsuccessful era, nor did either of those albums debut at a disappointing #7, like the situation now. It's unfortunate really  :worried:

not me being retweeted AGAIN! by Floptina_Legend, it's like when your favorite(s) blog(s) reblogs you or follows you on tumblr  :crying:

22231113G38n7SYS.png

not me being retweeted AGAIN! by Floptina_Legend, it's like when your favorite(s) blog(s) reblogs you or follows you on tumblr  :crying:

22231113G38n7SYS.png

:cry:

Xtina just subtweeted  me on twitter.

:legend: :legend: :legend:

Me: I need EVERYONE to know I'm in love with @Xtina

Her: I AM @XTINA! xo

The Voice is gonna suck without my girl this season. Shakira ain't Xtina.\

PS Anyone else think that she and my husband Adam Levine might be a thing?

If you had a leash on your man I wouldnt have to watch my wife so closely.

:coffee:

I think so there so cute together.

The Voice is gonna suck without my girl this season. Shakira ain't Xtina.\

PS Anyone else think that she and my husband Adam Levine might be a thing?

There is always tension. Could it potentially be sexual? :shrug:

I'm excited about The Voice regardless.

this is perrrrrrrrfect  :excited:

tumblr_mhzpvgQD9q1qg483ho1_500.jpg

:cry:

Losing weight when Godney loses weight I see. :newspaper:

Losing weight when Godney loses weight I see. :newspaper:

VCMNXZ,.

Good for Xtina tho. She looks a lot better.

Not Xtina singing part of the theme song of the new novela, her career is officially dead :rip:

I like the song tho..

But wait!, the song is now #1 in 17 countries  :shock:

I wish it was by herself tho, she only have hits in collabs in these days. She should try a solo song in spanish, a ballad would slay.

Aw, poor Legendtina. :(

grid-cell-25995-1375134011-33.jpg

:ahh:

The SHADE :ahh: :ahh:

Seems legit.

ibsJKi156O7Wn0.gif