Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taylor

American Horror Story | Season 9: "1984"

246 posts in this topic

It's really campy, if you're into that kinda stuff. I think you'd like the first two seasons since they're less so.

So I watched the 1st episode of the 1st season and I kinda wish I didn't. So fucked up. :rip:

Ugh. I know I'm late, but that slayed my life. Pepper. <3

You really think AHS is destroyed or being destroyed? I really am not seeing it.

I think the iTunes use of the songs is kind of defeating the purpose of incorporating them. The use of music should only be to complement the story, not to expand your program's commercial standing. With that being said, I think 'Life on Mars' was fine other than the fact that it contradicts with the time. 'Criminal' remains to be seen.

In retrospect, I don't know how to feel about the premiere. I don't think a lot of these roles show promise-- I wasn't feeling the Darling mother-son combination (why are they both freaks? Shouldn't it just be one? Or shouldn't they have the same affliction?), and Elsa is way too vulnerable too soon. She comes off as this 'I can see through your shit' bitch 50% of the time and other times it's 'I'm desperate as fuck, feel for me' the other 50%. Maybe I just don't get the premise of the show being interpolated in her, but I feel like they need a progression before we see through her.

Bette and Dot are well played so far, Pepper's presence (and ALL of the little people they hired for the show) are kind of hindered by the lil' lil woman's camp value, and I thought that Evan Peters was pretty charming. The Twisty scenes were fantastic, as was the scene where Elsa served that one girl receipts at the dinner table. 

1 person likes this

You really think AHS is destroyed or being destroyed? I really am not seeing it.

I think it has potential, but Glee started to become trashy when they started to make songs available for purchase and it became one big promo slot for song sales.

I think it has potential, but Glee started to become trashy when they started to make songs available for purchase and it became one big promo slot for song sales.

I feel like it's harder to connect that to AHS because Glee is a show centered around singing, so it's not a huge leap for them to release their renditions on iTunes, whereas AHS is all about the horror and has a lot less opportunities to do stuff like this.

I feel like it's harder to connect that to AHS because Glee is a show centered around singing, so it's not a huge leap for them to release their renditions on iTunes, whereas AHS is all about the horror and has a lot less opportunities to do stuff like this.

I didn't watch Glee, but from what I was told, the show became more about selling songs than good writing. It's probably harder for Ryan Murphy to screw up AHS like he did Glee, but he needs to cut back on the campiness. Horror can be campy if we're watching the Scary Movie film series.

Yeah, the Criminal cover was kind of pointless. So, I agree with Taylor in that the inaccuracy at this point is needless and just detrimental to the presentation as a whole.

Doesn't mean I think the season isn't going to be good. I'm into all of these subplots so far.

omg just caught up with the second episode and it was so much better than the first episode :cry:

I STILL HAVEN'T GOT ROUND TO BEGINNING THIS BECAUSE 1. EVERYTIME I WANNA WATCH SOMETHING ITS LIKE FUCKING 1AM AND SCARY CLOWNS AND SHIT. I'VE WATCHED AMERICAN HORROR STORY AT NIGHT AND IT'S CREEPY AT TIMES YANO KIDS

I STILL HAVEN'T GOT ROUND TO BEGINNING THIS BECAUSE 1. EVERYTIME I WANNA WATCH SOMETHING ITS LIKE FUCKING 1AM AND SCARY CLOWNS AND SHIT. I'VE WATCHED AMERICAN HORROR STORY AT NIGHT AND IT'S CREEPY AT TIMES YANO KIDS

I find it soooo much better to watch at night though, especially with headphones. Scary though, yes. :worried: 

I find it soooo much better to watch at night though, especially with headphones. Scary though, yes. :worried:

n I watched the first episode this season at like 3 AM because I had fell asleep during the live premiere. The Twisty scene was a lot more intense for me.

It's not scary it's more like WTF.

With twisty I found him. Scary , then they did a close up of his mouth in episode 2, I was like its a built in mask so he's not scary anymore

The. It came off and I'm like WTF !

Also fuck that prick for helping twisty. I hope he dies . I hate him

Oop, spoiler alert.

I'm still not over Meep's death, i need justice. Never forget, never forgive.

humoresque-joan-crawford.jpg

Edited by LeJorgee

omg just caught up with the second episode and it was so much better than the first episode :cry:

I'm not seeing it. :michael:

I just can't get into the "freaks are people too" storyline and I pray it isn't the focal point of the season.

I'm more into Twisty/Dandy than I am with the main circus storyline :shrug:

Finn Whitrock is a damn good actor. This guy's character is borderline crazy....and arguably misunderstood. I see a lot more potential with his character than I do with Evan Peter's.

About Twisty the Clown. I wasn't so scared of him.......until I saw what was under that mask. Now that was horrifying to see.

I was waiting on Patti Labelle to show up though. That's my girl right there! Angela Bassett too.

Edited by Electrique

I'm not seeing it. :michael:

I just can't get into the "freaks are people too" storyline and I pray it isn't the focal point of the season.

tbh I'm more into the character development in the second episode, and some of the new characters introduced (Dandy and Desiree) really appeal to me. Do kinda agree with you tho, I want one of the characters in particular to drive the focus of the show instead of the whole "freaks are people too" message that's being sent out to the audience.

Plus I basically just saw the first episode as a teaser for the rest of the season :rip:

I'm more into Twisty/Dandy than I am with the main circus storyline :shrug:

Probably because we have not reached the climax yet with the circus storyline. I'm sure once someone like Ma Petite becomes a victim of torture then we will really see how dark the theme is.

Only reason we're intrigued with the Twisty/Dandy storyline so far is the horror factor, and Dandy's quick character development.

Hope tonights episode is good

OMFG GODS AND MONSTERS !! LANA'S BEST SONG!!

JESSICA FUCKING SLAYED THAT

1 person likes this

Tonight's episode was boring

I really don't know what to think about the latest episode :cry:

Yeah, this episode was pretty anticlimactic, but YAY for more Dandy character development, Patti Labelle's presence....

......and groping from Angela Bassett.

Lily Rabe is supposed to return as Mary Eunice at some point during this season, in addition to both NPH and his husband getting on the show in some capacity.

I don't think Ryan Murphy can differentiate 'fan service' and 'compelling television', but we'll see what happens. I just don't want Asylum to be hindered by this-- that's what I feel like Pepper is after returning. Hindered.