Time

The Sims

200 posts in this topic

simslogo.png

Selling more than 175 million copies worldwide, The Sims is one of the most successful video game franchises in history. It began in 2000 with its first title, The Sims, which would go on to spawn seven expansion packs allowing Sims to do everything from go on a hot date to take a luxurious vacation to even become an A-list celebrity. Its creator, Will Wright, originally had Dollhouse in mind for the title of this innovative life simulator. While his involvement today is limited, his brainchild continues to evolve as players eagerly anticipate the release of The Sims 4 this September. 

Where my fellow Simmers at?!  :legend:

I've actually been playing since mid-2000, at the young age of six years old. My dad introduced me to it and I haven't stopped since. I especially love making houses and building generations of families that eventually end up being a waste of time because my computer always likes to fuck up and erase all my data. I've probably spent an embarrassing chunk of my life simming, but I regret not a second. 

I am soooooooo excited for Sims 4.  :eric:

1 person likes this

I regret watching that video now because I really want it. :cry:

Not going to watch that but I have the Sims 3 and I'm gonna go play that now

I seriously can't wait for TS4. I've loved TS ever since the first one. I'm gonna pre-order it tomorrow  :cry:

This game is fun for like what? a week or 2. LOL

1 person likes this

I love The Sims games, I play them on console though.

This game is fun for like what? a week or 2. LOL

You're doing it wrong if that's all you get out of it. Do you not buy expansion packs?  :jenn:

I love The Sims games, I play them on console though.

I've never enjoyed the console versions. I just can't play without the full experience. 

So, apparently we don't get pools or toddlers in the base TS4 game. I'm sure they'll add them in an expansion pack, but that really pisses me off. Those are two essential pieces of the game, especially the base game. 

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06/25/the-sims-4-won-t-have-pool-building-or-toddlers-at-launch

You're doing it wrong if that's all you get out of it. Do you not buy expansion packs?  :jenn:

I've never enjoyed the console versions. I just can't play without the full experience. 

So, apparently we don't get pools or toddlers in the base TS4 game. I'm sure they'll add them in an expansion pack, but that really pisses me off. Those are two essential pieces of the game, especially the base game. 

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06/25/the-sims-4-won-t-have-pool-building-or-toddlers-at-launch

Wut. :rot:

Well, the 3rd one was awful I didn't enjoy it at all.

however I played the shit out of the 2nd one, it was amazing, I remember where you could take pics using the Camera of the PS2 and print the pics on the wall that's was so fun to do. :cry:

I'm just saying the 3rd was a let down compared to the previous one. And No I didn't buy any since I couldn't play it for a week. :jenn: 

I had someone tell me "why play a game when you can do those things in your own life?" and that made me question my existence. :cry:

2 people like this

Oh, and I don't like the graphic. 

What computer should I use for TS3? My laptop won't take if.

There's an awesome website you can use to test your PC for almost any game.

http://www.canyourunit.com

The Sims 3 requires a pricey graphics card to run smoothly with all of the graphics settings turned up. I'm gonna have to buy a new one and probably more RAM for TS4. I currently have a GeForce 9500 GT and it works rather well. It's not exactly top of the line, but I have a good experience with it when playing Sims. 

Edited by Time

Sims is my favorite game hands down. I like being able to control the people and have little storylines it's the best. I hate when they announce new games coming out because it makes me less interested in the one I have and then I also stop purchasing the games for the version I have lol. They need to reduce the prices of sims 3 already.

I remember this one time I was playing the Sims 3 University and I killed my sim by accident.  :smh3:

Sims is my favorite game hands down. I like being able to control the people and have little storylines it's the best. I hate when they announce new games coming out because it makes me less interested in the one I have and then I also stop purchasing the games for the version I have lol. They need to reduce the prices of sims 3 already.

It's mine as well. It gives me a god complex. :p

They do release a lot of games and they're all expensive. I never feel like I've fully played the expansion pack I just bought when they release a new one. Not to mention those damn stuff packs. :cry:

I heard that when you try to leave your house and go someplace it takes you to a loading screen until you get there like in sims 2. :sweep:

I heard that when you try to leave your house and go someplace it takes you to a loading screen until you get there like in sims 2. :sweep:

:smh:

In what series?

4 :cry:

There goes my chance of buying it then.  :smh:  :smh:  :smh:

1 person likes this

It's mine as well. It gives me a god complex. :p

They do release a lot of games and they're all expensive. I never feel like I've fully played the expansion pack I just bought when they release a new one. Not to mention those damn stuff packs. :cry:

I never have gotten all the expansion packs. I think the most i got was like 3 or 4 and then they came out with sims 3 and i bought it. I always buy the deluxe version. Im going to get sims 4 and try to buy more than one expanion pack lol. Why cant they just loower the prices of the packs or put them all in one game.

Let me just wait until all the sims 3 expansion packs get real cheap so I dont have to play 4. I heard it leaves much to be desired. I don't want the characters to look more cartoonish, the devil. And leaving out features purposely is dumb. I won't be in my dorm room playing sims 4 until all hours of the night if EA cant get their mess together.