Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest vertebreakers

Tinashe

219 posts in this topic

I don't use her album at all. There is just way too many ballads on there for my liking. 2On sold a pack of lies.

And y'all and this Iggy hatewagon. The verse was cute and she needs the pop radio play because urban is not supporting her unless it is 2On. She needs to choose for her next album era which one she wants to be because her team is treating her like she is a Pop act when her music is not that at all.

Slash you hoes throat if you come for Eggz again.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

Edited by Stephen [dark fox]

I don't use her album at all. There is just way too many ballads on there for my liking. 2On sold a pack of lies.

And y'all and this Iggy hatewagon. The verse was cute and she needs the pop radio play because urban is not supporting her unless it is 2On. She needs to choose for her next album era which one she wants to be because her team is treating her like she is a Pop act when her music is not that at all.

Slash you hoes throat if you come for Eggz again.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

Don't even come in here and act like Iggy is going to be a thing after next summer. CL snatching ha culture appropriation and making SB another mili.

I didn't get you unbanned for this.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

Don't even come in here and act like Iggy is going to be a thing after next summer. CL snatching ha culture appropriation and making SB another mili.

I didn't get you unbanned for this.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

If this was 2010 and prior, you would be right. But since we are in 2015, and she has a collab with Britney icon coming, no, she ain't leaving. The Female Pitbull is here to stay and deliver those party bops for the whites and blacks, we know that bankhead when her music plays.

Lets not get off-topic, this is Tinashe, ha thread.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

She's being marketed as a pop artist and not what she really is, an R&B artist. That's part of the reason why she hasn't been doing well to the mainstream scene. I don't like that they're marketing her to something she's not, and RCA clearly has no faith in her if they want to turn her dance/mainstream sounding tracks into singles with features on them. 

I do like that she's releasing videos by herself for some of the best tracks on the album, Aquarius and Bated Breath are some of the most emotional songs on the album and show her vocal range a lot. I'm willing to let this slide that she's pushing the dance-ish tracks commercially but releasing great videos for some of the best songs on her own, it's a good sacrifice. I hope this is a gateway to letting RCA and the mainstream scene know what her true talent is. I want the public to see both sides of her and her true artistry.

The Bated Breath video itself was great, it goes with the song completely, but I think it would've worked for Bet as well. I expect nothing less from her as I've seen it all from her. I just hope she can get a ballad-like song as a single so they can balance out what they're doing with her right now. I wasn't too comfortable with it earlier, but I'll warm up to it, I'll just watch and see what RCA does when she releases her singles. She's still only 22 and I'll give it time, but I want RCA to let her be her own artist because that's what she is, not just made for club bangers.

"Female Pitbull"  :michael:

If this was 2010 and prior, you would be right. But since we are in 2015, and she has a collab with Britney icon coming, no, she ain't leaving. The Female Pitbull is here to stay and deliver those party bops for the whites and blacks, we know that bankhead when her music plays.

Lets not get off-topic, this is Tinashe, ha thread.

iqxLWuhkWZQHZ.gif

She's being marketed as a pop artist and not what she really is, an R&B artist. That's part of the reason why she hasn't been doing well to the mainstream scene. I don't like that they're marketing her to something she's not, and RCA clearly has no faith in her if they want to turn her dance/mainstream sounding tracks into singles with features on them. 

I do like that she's releasing videos by herself for some of the best tracks on the album, Aquarius and Bated Breath are some of the most emotional songs on the album and show her vocal range a lot. I'm willing to let this slide that she's pushing the dance-ish tracks commercially but releasing great videos for some of the best songs on her own, it's a good sacrifice. I hope this is a gateway to letting RCA and the mainstream scene know what her true talent is. I want the public to see both sides of her and her true artistry.

The Bated Breath video itself was great, it goes with the song completely, but I think it would've worked for Bet as well. I expect nothing less from her as I've seen it all from her. I just hope she can get a ballad-like song as a single so they can balance out what they're doing with her right now. I wasn't too comfortable with it earlier, but I'll warm up to it, I'll just watch and see what RCA does when she releases her singles. She's still only 22 and I'll give it time, but I want RCA to let her be her own artist because that's what she is, not just made for club bangers.

Honestly she should have never does this album first. Her first album should have been filled with radio friendly songs and then she could have went along with this when she gets established. She can dance, so she should have went with some good R&B vibe songs in the vein of All Hands On Deck and 2On.

She could be a successful artist, but this album is entirely wrong to introduce yourself to the world.

tumblr_inline_ngykq0qYCi1s8ooi0.gif

Honestly she should have never does this album first. Her first album should have been filled with radio friendly songs and then she could have went along with this when she gets established. She can dance, so she should have went with some good R&B vibe songs in the vein of All Hands On Deck and 2On.

She could be a successful artist, but this album is entirely wrong to introduce yourself to the world.

Aquarius is her style of music. She's going to use the radio friendly songs on that album commercially and still stick to what her artistry is. This isn't the only stuff she has out, if you've heard all three of her mixtapes, you'll see that's what she really is as an artist. I don't think going radio friendly is the right way to do it because people will just look at her like Cassie or "just another one hit wonder" girl. She is not that, not pop, not entirely mainstream, but R&B. Look at Jhene Aiko and Miguel, their ballad songs got over great with the R&B scene, and Tinashe hasn't gotten over yet because they keep promoting her mainstream friendly songs. She needs a ballad or have Aquarius put on the block to show R&B gurus what she really is. Her album got praised by critics and fans alike for a reason. Stay true to yourself. I'm sure other artists have done this the same way she's doing and have got over huge with mainstream.

I'm still waiting on my Ciara's Promise tea serving "Cold Sweat" music video.

But not Stephen trying to make her a cookie cutter artist when she is....A little bit further from that. I mean..have you not heard her "In Case We Died" mixtape? Slayed.

I'm sick of artists trying to be who they aren't. Rappers too. Hint hint.

Edited by Electrique
1 person likes this

I didn't say make her a cookie cutter, there are ways to be and sound different while not sounding like a cookie cutter. She is signed by a major label and thus she should be cultivating ways to staying true to herself while making money for her label and herself. Aquarius was praised by fans and critics, but no one bought it. Her label is the one taking the hit here. And if they keep taking hits, they will drop her.

Like I said, Aquarius as a first album was not the right choice, maybe a second or a third. Your first album should be as board and hit as many people as possible to secure as many fans as possible before you do something as risky as Aquarius sounds. It isn't like I'm wrong since she is currently collabing with uptempo artist like Kid Ink, Nick Jonas, and Iggy Azalea; the latter she is touring with. Her second album will be what her first should have sounded like. Y'all better get ready.

Up beat doesn't automatically mean generic.

It was the perfect way to show her off to the world, that's her style and her artistry, she produced all of her mixtapes by herself and pretty much most of her album too. It's the entrance that counts, then consistency with the product later. Why produce a mainstream sounding album as the debut when people will be judging her based off of that first look they see of her? I don't think it makes sense I understand what you're saying, Stephen, but I think artists should show who they really are before they release hit after hit on an album. I know she can make upbeat or generic songs at the same time staying true to who she is, but she still needs a strong showcase as she maintains that. She can do that later on, her EP is probably coming out after she finishes her tour this month or later on, which will probably sound just like what she has now, and I want quality over quantity, numbers don't matter to me as long as the album sounds good. She recorded over 200 songs for Aquarius and there are few unreleased tracks on YouTube that were recorded for it, as well as some songs from the Dr. Pepper promotion thing she was featured on. The problem with her label, again, is that she's being marketed as cookie cutter, so that does effect how fans who've never heard of you judge you and your album sales, and she's none of these. It's their fault if that happens because they're the ones marketing her to the general public like that, so their loss. 

I'm fine with her collaborating with that but albeit I don't like either (besides Nick Jonas, he's separated himself from his boy band mold quite fine), it's still getting her press and that's the only thing good coming out of it from such, and I still don't want her to be associated with them because I think they're awful. She hardly got a part in Body Language, she only did background and look beautiful in the music video, so that didn't make sense. The other thing is Kid Ink isn't a good rapper AND he isn't that big as people like Kendrick, J. Cole, Drake or Lil Wayne are in the rap scene right now. I haven't heard anyone praise Kid Ink for anything because most of his songs sound the exact same and he uses DJ Mustard a lot for the production on his albums. Iggy is a mixed bag of praise and hate, and I'm on the latter side of that part. She's slowly getting to the features part, in fact, the biggest ones she had are ScHoolboy Q and A$AP Rocky (who people are hating on now, I don't know why because he hasn't put anything new out besides Multiply), and now Iggy as the remix of All Hands On Deck, that's it. It's a slow process, but it's getting there. Future was, and will always be awful. Other than that, she has little to no features on her tracks except for Travi$ Scott on Vulnerable from Black Water. 

She's still only 22 and just got her breakthrough late last year, give it time even though she has one studio album and three mixtapes to her name right now. She has plenty of time right now.

Why did I think there was eight songs?  :rot:

Anyways, I'm ready for it to drop.

So many people are SLEEPING on her. They better go listen to this fucking mixtape cause she topped again.

2 people like this

She's really put herself right back into the box she was before last summer, hate to say it. Like the mixtape really solidifies that. :cry:

Charli XCX did the same thing, too, and Iggy's about to do the same thing now that her tour got canned/Urban dragged her. Let me hold on for Nick since Chains is a bop, C/O 2014 needs to get it together. :newspaper:

Her leaving Iggy's tour for Nicki's :cry:

It works out tbh. Nicki and her Barbz seem to like Tee, and I've seen her cosign some of her stuff. Works out for the best. 

It works out tbh. Nicki and her Barbz seem to like Tee, and I've seen her cosign some of her stuff. Works out for the best. 

Yeah, I'm happy for her. I think going on tour with Nicki would be better for her anyway. :newspaper:

Why you gotta talk about Nicki fans like they're some other species? :skull:

She should be good, hopefully she can warm up to that audience. I like the pairing.

Why you gotta talk about Nicki fans like they're some other species? :skull:

She should be good, hopefully she can warm up to that audience. I like the pairing.

Sometimes the Barbz can be something else but they don't bother me about Tee.

She's making a good move pairing with Nicki, it works out for the best. Feature, maybe?

AHOD video.

Introducing you to how to get me thirsty in the morning.

*twerks* my shiizzzzaaaam.

CFTsbr5WIAABL6G.jpg

She's nominated for Best New Artist :crying2: :crying2:

It's only the beginning.