Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest vertebreakers

Tinashe

198 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, William. said:

Aquarius was better but she deserved a breakthrough. She is so talented. :crying: 

:crying: they fucked up postponing Joyride over and over. I hope she ends up leaving her label soon because they ain't doing nothing for her. I mean I'm not gonna lie, after going over the album again it doesn't really click much for me like Aquarius did. "No Contest", "Faded Love" and "Ooh La La" (minus that creaking part at the beginning) stood out to me the most and "Stuck with Me" was alright, the rest was kind of blah. I feel like they should have done more tracks like "Faded Love" and "No Contest" where she really switched things up with her vocals.

17 minutes ago, 2KX said:

:crying: they fucked up postponing Joyride over and over. I hope she ends up leaving her label soon because they ain't doing nothing for her. I mean I'm not gonna lie, after going over the album again it doesn't really click much for me like Aquarius did. "No Contest", "Faded Love" and "Ooh La La" (minus that creaking part at the beginning) stood out to me the most and "Stuck with Me" was alright, the rest was kind of blah. I feel like they should have done more tracks like "Faded Love" and "No Contest" where she really switched things up with her vocals.

IA the album could’ve been better but there are still some songs I liked a lot. Her label sucks though. She needs to leave them asap :skull: 

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, 2KX said:

for me the problem wasn't that the songs weren't good it was those filler tracks, the interludes and the intro seemed unnecessary and those spots could have gone to full songs, besides those i liked pretty much all the songs, another thing is they put all those features but some of them didn't really enhance the song at all it was just a waste of a verse, this is only her 3rd album unless u count nightride as a mixtape and she should be finding her sound but it's hard to do that when you lay all those fillers and features on there, she said she recorded like 100 or 200 songs but where they at? we could have gotten those instead of these interludes and the intro, also for an album it didn't feel like the songs on the tracklist were as cohesive as they could have been, it almost seems like a collection of singles with a few album tracks thrown in, i feel like a lot of it comes down to her label not knowing what to do with her so i hope she leaves also, idrc about sales and stuff but it's disappointing to not see her being recognized when she is so full of talent and potential

3 people like this

14 hours ago, Gavin said:

for me the problem wasn't that the songs weren't good it was those filler tracks, the interludes and the intro seemed unnecessary and those spots could have gone to full songs, besides those i liked pretty much all the songs, another thing is they put all those features but some of them didn't really enhance the song at all it was just a waste of a verse, this is only her 3rd album unless u count nightride as a mixtape and she should be finding her sound but it's hard to do that when you lay all those fillers and features on there, she said she recorded like 100 or 200 songs but where they at? we could have gotten those instead of these interludes and the intro, also for an album it didn't feel like the songs on the tracklist were as cohesive as they could have been, it almost seems like a collection of singles with a few album tracks thrown in, i feel like a lot of it comes down to her label not knowing what to do with her so i hope she leaves also, idrc about sales and stuff but it's disappointing to not see her being recognized when she is so full of talent and potential

I mean none of the songs were bad or anything, I just don't think they meshed well together (like you said, it sounds like a collection of her singles and then some songs thrown in), whereas on Aquarius I felt everything flowed pretty nicely. I agree with the fact that some of these features didn't help her (MSB in particular) and that the interludes are just a waste of space, she could have done with two full tracks in their places. She has so much talent and has all the goods to be a star (I mean her dancing is killer), her label really are just forcing it all down the drain. Her mixtapes are honestly her best work, I hope she leaves her label after this and finds one that will actually invest in her, or just goes indie because she was slaying.

1 person likes this

Aquarius is one of my favorite albums ever.

Joyride is good, but I agree, the features and interludes kill the vibe. Y'all, we need to make an end to these features ruining our favorites hen's songs. That said, Salt is actually my favorite from the album.

1 person likes this

I felt very underwhelmed by it, but I liked it. Comparing to the hype from 2 years ago, the album feels so much different from what it was originally going to be. I guess this is what happens when things change and RCA does some fuckery with it being delayed so much.

I still love every track on the album, but whoever was in charge of putting the creaking noises in Ooh La La needs to get the fuck out. That part brings down the quality of a great song. 

2 people like this

Rumor going around is that Ooh La La is the next single and might be a remix featuring Normani and Kehlani. It's only a rumor at this point. :newspaper:

Posted (edited)

New music on its way soonnn!! She's been working with Hitmaka recently (produced MSB), project rumored to be a new album titled "Nashe". Some of the snippets sound so good omg, I so hope we get the solo version of No Drama on this. :excited:

Edited by Xachingwe

Apparently it was all done over two days :shook:

The Joyride we deserve :shook:

1 person likes this

On 07/06/2018 at 10:37 PM, Xachingwe said:

New music on its way soonnn!! She's been working with Hitmaka recently (produced MSB), project rumored to be a new album titled "Nashe". Some of the snippets sound so good omg, I so hope we get the solo version of No Drama on this. :excited:

Ugh this is such a relief after Flopride, this sound really works better for her.:shook:

1 person likes this

If any of you are in Toronto, Tinashe is playing a free show in town on June 17th.

35302118_10154763554272537_7752479886983

1 person likes this

Rumored tracklist for Nashe:

1. Like I Used To
  2. Cash Race
  3. Grip
  4. Naked
  5. Fashion Nova
  6. Throw A Fit
  7. Feelings

+ 3 more tracks that are unknown at the moment.

she really cancelled Joyride that quick, whew :rot: Perched regardless since I've always been here for her music

2 people like this

Ben Simmons really out here getting queen all the promo for her single being dropped :shook:

"Like I Used To" being dropped on Friday.

it's such a chill beat omg :shook:her vocals sound so good too. :legend: Nashe bout to do what Joyride was meant to do yall. :clap:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Xachingwe said:

She really came through like Joyride never happened, I really hope that this doesn't flop for her :shook:

1 person likes this