Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

Impact Wrestling | Discussion Thread

851 posts in this topic

Love the opening brawl. Gail looks even better against monster types.

I'm sure the match will go on.

Havok & Gail main eventing Impact :clap:

Havok's so slow and sluggish in the ring.

Fuck.. I turned off after the Shark Boy match to watch my reality shows.

Technically with all of this taping Havok only held the belt for 3 days. :rip:

I assume the match hasn't happened?

Forgot to tune in for the start.

Not a contenders match when I thought Velvet vs. Havok was already announced for this Sunday. TNA not being able to keep up with themselves with all the advance tapings :skull:

Not having their biggest PPV follow Impact stories is stupid imo. It's basically a one night only event.

I blame Wrestle-1 though.

Tyrus :rot: thought he'd come out to a knock off like "Somebody Tweet My Dadda" with Funkawolves.

Hope Roode takes the title from Lashley :excited:

British Bootcamp was pretty good tbh :knit:

It reminded me of X-Factor auditions, but it was good. That Grado :rot:

It reminded me of X-Factor auditions, but it was good. That Grado :rot:

Grado was a fuckin mess. I don't even know why they even considered putting Simon Lancaster into the second stage of the audition, he was as basic as hell. His place should of gone to Mr Tank imo. But I'm pretty happy with the 3 they decided to put through to the finals :newspaper:

Angelina's got her classic straight hairstyle back omg :crying:

When is the triple threat with Taryn snatching? Here for her serving Candice teas post-title win.

Not the TNA Chat only being 3 pages   :rot:

The SHADE :rot:

I guess its a mix of everything til Christmas being spoiled already and people are more diva centered here. :rot:

Plus the messy online only PPV isn't going to help. I did wanna chat about it though :

waiT. I kinda use Brittany now.

I forgot about this show, not even gonna lie. Wednesday is such a bad day for it. Ever since the change and the influx of spoilers, no one's been checking for it. Dixie is an idiot :gaycry:

1 person likes this

I actually bought the PPV rental.

So far I love Scarlett's look (which is basically rosebud with an actual red cup of "party"). Karlee and Ethan had some NXT rehash convo at the beginning when they got to know each of the girls. It was cute if you shipped BateMax.

I thought Reby was hotter than this. She looks a little swollen in the face to me.

Not me buying this thinking I could rip but it's blocked :cry:

Clock me TNA.

Opening segment was a mess, basically intros into the girls. Following them revealing who their opponents were afterwards. Brooke has new music it's a bit western sounding like a mix of the Aces theme and her I Tease U Touch. I can't tolerate Jessica Simpson Taryn at all.

Veda has upbeat music, kinda serves a Bayley tea. Stans for being there, really nervous acting. I think it was a cover up because she got a bit heelish. I actually like her as an act not so much into her wrestling. Nothing seemed particularly intense.

Gail won a long dull match with Eat Defeat.

Scarlett cut a backstage promo about people doubting her because she's a party girl but how people shouldn't cross her. Beautiful People package lead to a interview segment with them about all of the rookie girls. They basically trashed them all called Scarlett a rip off of them.

Scarlett entered, had her own music that I've never heard before. Played the lush part. BP came out and fake auditioned her in a promo, Angelina attacked her from behind to start. Scarlett started out the match and barely got any offense in most of the time minus a suplex roll through, some clotheslines and a double knee facebreaker (afterwards she looked a little spaced out and you can see Angelina tug at her with her feet for her to come cover.)

Shortly after a Velvet distraction lead to the Botox Injection and it's over for Scarlett. Didn't really get any of a match once again. Scarlett got the brown paper bag treatment.

Reby cut a pretty decent promo during her interview including some Spanish. Ethan came in and hit on her and used some wrong word in Spanish for them to end the segment on a comedy note.

Reby came out to some generic rock music. A few distractions with the BP, Velvet dragging it on with constant breaks and Reby actually delivering some moves. Reby actually looks a bit like Trish from a far, idk if it's the hair or what but she definitely does. They did a die-down double clothesline spot .. why I have no idea.

After some random fury of moves from Reby, Angelina distracted the ref, Reby almost got rolled up but kicked out. Velvet and Angelina botch a hair spray moment and Velvet gets sprayed. Reby gets the roll-up win.

They play the "Havok has arrived" promo again.. mess. But it lead to a promo of Havok actually speaking which we never see on TNA. Basically talked about why she's the "Havok Death Machine" and how she's so dominant and she'll show you. Wasn't much of a promo she basically repeated herself.

Havok came out not to her own theme but Daffney's old music. Her jacket was less dramatic and a bit cheaper looking than the one she has now. Madison video package (which had a glitch in it like Gail's where a certain part would skip/flicker but the time was still going). One last shot of her doing her trash iconic "Walk with Rayne" entrance. No one was really into the match. About 5 or 6 guts chanting for Madison, a few girls chanting up Havok. Seemed like a typical Havok match that we'd see on TV. She takes her time, stalks the opponent does some choke or strangle. Occasionally gets duped by the face but not for long. Havok had her up in a hoisted full nelson, milked it for awhile dropped her with a backbreaker over the knee then a cut-down clothesline. Doesn't go for a pin.. does more stalling where she follows up with 2 of the low corner big boots until Madison dodges the 3rd and makes a comeback which ended up putting Havok outside. Havok took a high crossbody from the outside only to get back in the ring and cut a running Madison off with a big boot.

Both climbed the top rope but Madison knocked off Havok who fell victim to Madison diving off with a spear for the win.

Taryn did an interview about understanding where the new girls were coming from, hyped her come-up which lead to her big matches with Gail. She closed it off by stating that they should be looking out for what she's going to do tonight. Taryn video package. Kinda wishing I didn't rent this.

Face-licking Icon who prefers to be on top, Karlee came out to generic rock music. Served unimpressed face while Taryn did her usual schtick. Karlee was ready with a mic and dissed Taryn in a promo about how Taryn hides behind her fake smile, the fake hair and her fake rack. Karlee believes Taryn should learn how to be a real woman like herself. A slap from Taryn after the promo starts the match.

Karlee takes it to Taryn early on dominating the opening with submissions and heel tactics like we'd expect from her in the past. Taryn started her comeback (or atleast begged for chants on one.. a handful of people acknowledged ha.) and started working over Karlee after Karlee missed a corner attack and ran her shoulder into the ring post. A shit load of hairmares and clotheslines somewhere in there was a running neckbreaker which I don't know what she didn't make a pin attempt. Miss Jackie is NOT happy. Taryn lands a high crossbody for a 2. Karlee runs for a crucifix but instead of doing a roll-up kept it locked for a submission. Like a Submission Technician that she is (insert Maxine tron gif). 

Taryn managed to get out of the hold. Went to the other corner and blocked off a running Karlee with a boot then landed her RKO-esque move for the 3.

Once again not generally hyped about the in-ring action (and from some of the actual KOs at that). But it was good to see Karlee in action finally. I just do not use Taryn one bit. I would've left her behind as "Skirt" Tiffany and left it at that. But go ahead and wrestle girl.. I guess.

TNA Knockouts Calendar promo with Hemme talking and hyping it and the girls up. It was basically like a Divas Shoot hype video package they all looked like they were having fun, etc etc etc. Brittany (in her face mode) had a promo that was kind of a NXT Season 3 tea. Weird they showed her turning on Madison in the video but she still delievered pure face. Mia Yim delivered a backstage promising that she will not lose like last year and will make an "Impact".

Yim out to Hamada's old music like last year. Brittany out smiling hard as hell. Seems like a face vs. face match. They started off with some chain grapples and reversals, Brittany ended up being sent to the outside where Mia attempted to run at her with a kick off the apron. Brittany caught her and swung Mia face down onto the apron. Mia stayed outside while Brittany rounded up some audience hype only to shoot off with an awkward suicide dive where Mia kinda caught her like she was going to Belly-To-Belly Suplex her but they kinda just fell after a few seconds. And I guess checked on one another as you could hear. Brittany rolled her back in for a 2 count, snapmare and running boot for another 2 count on Yim. Mia caught Brittany's leg from a back kick and turned it into an Ankle Lock. Tazz criticized it as Brittany made it to the ropes. Mia whipped Brittany into the ropes and Brittany slid through her legs, knocked her down, and bounced off the ropes to lock in her own reverse chinlock submission. Mia got out of it and started her comeback which was filled with different types of kicks. Brittany cut that off eventually with an armbar (AGAIN enter Tazz with submission critique). Mia got out of it and right into a cartwheel back elbow in the corner as Brittany goes up top. Attempts a superplex, Mia blocks it, Brittany runs back up and looks for a Stratusphere but Mia blocks that as well. They fight for control. Mia with punches, Brittany with headbutts (to her own hand). Mia gets the best of the exchange and sends Brittany off and lands a missile dropkick for the 2 count.

Mia signals for whatever her high flying finish is (she did some spin motion) but Brittany is up in time to give Mia a kick and toss her off of the top rope. Goes for her (excessive) handspring moonsault finish but Mia moves out of the way. Mia wins following a bodyscissors turned into a roll up pin for the 3.

Definitely one of the more crowd interactive matches of the night (Mess.)

Brooke video package/music video thing played. I guess she was too busy to do a promo talkover for it because it was really just showcasing her twerk and land moves. Deonna came out to some music that gave you a Jersey Shore tea. She acted REALLY shy/nervous (and like she needed a jacket because it was cold.) She didn't really give me an ounce of personality here. Just simply walked down to the ring did a shy wave or two and stood there. Did they yank her right off the streets??

Brooke came out as I said with new music and a pink "BOSS" t-shirt playing the heel. Neither girl got much of a reaction. Brooke opened the match (because the ref called for the bell) with a promo trashing the crowd and Deonna. Pulling at her ring gear and questioning her on if she got that from her garage and put it on. Deonna looked scared. Brooke questioned if Deonna could even talk. Deonna took the mic and surprisingly said that Brooke may look, wrestle and talk better than herself but at least she (Deonna) isn't a wench like Brooke. Crowd popped a bit. Brooke went to attack Deonna when she turned to put the mic down and Deonna caught her with a roll up for a 2. Brooke went to the outside for a minute being caught off guard by Deonna actually having a pulse. Two lock ups ended up with Brooke landing a hip toss on the first and a scoop slam on the second. Deonna caught Brooke with another rollup for 2. Deonna dished out her iconic sequence of arm drag-hip toss-scoop slam-scoop slam-scoop slam and finishing it it all off with yet another roll up only to score another 2 count. Brooke goes outside to regroup again. The action go so intense and fast paced Brooke had enough time to find the microphone again and taunt Deonna while she stood over her. Asking Deonna how she liked being in the ring with "Momma".

OMG IT FEELS LIKE THEY DELIBERATELY DRAGGED THESE MATCH TIMES ON BY 8-10 MINS! :gaycry:

Brooke did some more beating down on Deonna including a corner foot choke and her Ass-Tastic corner attack which she got none of the face and most of the left ear on her jobber opponent. Brooke followed that up attempting to get the elbow drop from the middle rope but Deonna moved and then took a good solid minute laying on her back signalling for the crowd to get behind her so she can start a comeback. (Mess.)

They trade blows and Deonna gets the best of it comes in with a messy series of moves and lands a suplex for a 1 count. :rip: Deonna begs it was meant to be a 3 count. Brooke knocks her down for a clearly open cheap roll up with her legs on the ropes. Hebner stops the count and Brooke argues with him.

Deonna is caught trying to come from the top and Brooke moves. Brooke lands her Tessmacher Slam.. thing.. and wins. Crowd is absolutely dead. This match should've went for like 2 minutes MAX. I don't even wanna know what the time was I wasted watching this. Tenay said that they were impressed by Deonna (lies.. Tazz no sold it and said nothing :rip: )

Gail Kim magazine shoot video promo package. OMG this is boring.. Can't we get just random backstage bits with the girls ala Divas Do New York? I should call my bank and cancel this transaction :rip:

ODB video package. Another video skip/glitch in this one too. ODB does an interview with JB about Marti... or was supposed to. Rockstar Spud came in an hyped up his new "girlfriend" Marti  stating that he would be in Marti Belle's corner.

Marti made her way out to the ring (without Spud). I actually like her look as well though I'm keen to more ethnic types she just looks like she moves well which is enough for me and I need people with charisma. I might use if they bring her in.. (how I don't know).. Now mind you this is starting with around 45 minutes left in the show and it's the last qualifier match :rip: This has gone on longer than an Impact show at this point. ODB comes out doing her usual act.. followed by Spud coming out with his own entrance music to stand ringside.. after he kissed Marti on the cheek and got his life from that.

Tazz starts off the match with his expert commentary calling Marti Belle "Marti SPONGE" :rip: After some Marti/Spud interaction the start the match with a lockup to which ODB shoved Marti off with a boob thrust. Marti sells shock in the corner on her ass before getting up and running at ODB with a kick attempt that ODB shoves away and clotheslines Belle down. Sends her to the corner for a chop then to the other corner and lays in more chops on Belle that leaves her sitting in the corner. ODB goes for a move but Spud distracts. Belle can't capitalize and is slammed down and sent into another corner where ODB runs and squashes her. ODB calls for a bronco buster but Spud distracts again and Belle sends ODB to the outside. Somewhere along the way Tazz sings Like a Virgin as Belle attempts to keep ODB out of the ring. ODB fights her way back in but misses a diving Lou Thesz off the ropes. Belle covers for a 2 count and chokes ODB on the ropes. Breaks for the count by the ref, runs, shows some love to Spud, and bounces on ODB taunting her entrance actions before another break. Belle locks in an abdominal stretch (complete with kissing motion to Spud) that ODB fights out of and starts battling back. Comeback attack ends in another corner squash and ODB successfully hitting the Bronco Buster this time.

ODB lands a fallaway slam and starts amping up for a finish. She bounces off of the ropes and Spud hooks ODB's leg allowing Belle to win with a small package. Spud asks for a kiss as a reward but Belle pie-faces him. Essentially using him to get into the final match of the night. Walking off with a "you have to be this tall to ride this ride!" The segment drags on with Spud crying in the ring and ODB taunting him. He grabs a mic and does more whining.

Spud has had it with ODB.

Spud starts dragging and whipping ODB around after she bumped him out of the ring following the acceptance of his challenge. Spud does more whining about being rejected by Marti yelling out how much he "loved" her. Basically they needed another segment to drag on the show. ODB ended up stripping Spud out of his pants. He was down to some "tighty whities" that had a "pee stain and skid marks" in them. ODB ripped those in a wedgie and exposes Spud's jockstrap (CHEEKS!) landed the TKO and this was over.

I'll come back and recap the ending but I'm tired rn.

2 people like this

Bitch I sat here and typed up a roleplay/class paper.

This thread better have replies when I wake up.

oNShddt.pngoNShddt.png